Windrock Park Course Update

QuantumRacing

Aug 9, 2012
www.utvrr.com
Today we visited Windrock Park to see how the new course construction was going. We were shown around the park and we spoke of ideas for pit and other facilities.

One of the first things that springs to mind is WOW! Windrock Park have made such great progress and once this course has a couple of races on it and is packed in it is going to provide one heck of a race. The pictures you

are about to see are of the roughed in course so take a look at these and just imagine when it has been bladed and run on a little bit.

I will do my best to offer a description where I can.

This first picture is of the Pit Area. It has been moved from the original place to better facilitate entry in bad weather. It is lined with a PA system so all teams should be able to hear race messages for the length of the

pit. It will also hold Parc ferme of course near race control. It has not been changed and readied for the race yet so you can't see where the hot lane will be but this will make a great pit area. Looking at it form this picture the hot lane will be on the right.

This is from the end of the pit that you will arrive at when you turn up on race day.

This picture will show you how the course enters the pit area from a high speed run toward pit. You can see where

it exits to forest.

This is where you will exit the pit area and head out onto the course.

These next pictures show a random selection of trail shots, in some of them you can see the tracks from the

dozer.

In this next round of pictures you will see some of the high speed over tacking sections. You can see just how

very wide these are allowing for real high speed over takes and real passing opportunity.

This entire course has great spectating areas, no less that 3 different ones to be exact. It is true to say

Windrock Park really are trying to make this course as spectator friendly as they possibly can. Oh and did I say

wide? This area will remain as it is with the grass so as to keep dust down.

This next picture will show the lead into a very fast sweeping corner with an even radius. This corner has been

designed for spectators. You will notice the track on the other side on this mound. Spectators will enter this

corner from there and stand behind this mound for safety. The mound will be dressed of course.

This picture is from behind the mound as a spectator will see the fast entrance in the corner.

This is of that same corner from a spectator point of view, fast and sweeping with a full view by spectators.

Talking of fast sweeping corners here is another. Coming from a fast section, slightly down hill with a fast "S"

just before it. I am actually standing on flat ground but the panoramic picture makes it look like it has

negative camber which it does not.

Oh yes! Another great sweeping corner on level ground with an even radius. I can see the back-end kicking out now

and a nice full on slide.

This next picture is taken on top of an even incline. Teams will be coming out of the forest stage onto a 35 ft

wide piece of track. It is envisaged that this will crest as a jump on to the top of this part of the course. It

may not be available as a jump for the first race but the plans for it are laid.

Teams will run from the top of the incline and along this straight away, oh did I already say it's 35ft wide!

Once teams have raced the straight from the picture above they will run down into this awesome fast sweeper.

Again this picture exaggerates any negative camber

This final picture is of one of the forest sections,

I have to say this course is going to be something else. As with all new courses it will pack in and get faster

and faster and don't forget this is the roughed in course. It is not race ready yet and it is already fantastic.

Rooster you are a legend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000