Worcs racing question

702sandman

Sep 12, 2015
me and my daughter both started racing in worcs this season and we both had belt breaks in our first races at Taft. We both used the 15' belts ending in 1180, and after talking to several seasoned racers we found out that a lot of people use the 14' belt that ends in 1148. My question is do the short course racers also run blowers ? Or have any other suggestions to help reduce belt breaks in the future. Thanks for any help

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
3211148 is the only belt to run.

Don't run the 3211180. 2014 xp1000 belt.

You can run with no issues with the proper clutch calibrations. If you are still on stock clutches and don't have a proper clutch kit then you will continually blow belts. Short course and cross country is killer on belts. Diving into corners hard and staying in the throttle the clutches can not adequately hold the proper gear ratio. This leads to excessive belt heat and leads you to blow a belt.

702sandman

Sep 12, 2015
I have queen racing in lake havasu helping us out to get the clutches dialed. We had stm secondaries and stock primaries installed for the Taft race but after breaking belts I decided to pull the stm's and had him change helix and springs in the stock secondary so we can run the lone star quick release pins instead of having to run the spacer and screws that are required for the stm clutches. I wanted my 15 year old daughter to be able to change out a belt if there was a belt break during a race and the stock set up and lone star quick pins in my option make it easier on her and faster. When you refer to calibrations are you meaning using different weights and springs ?

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
You should have the right setups now. He called me and ordered some parts. Yours should be solid as long as he put together the parts we talked about and the parts he ordered from me.

Run the 3211148 belt. But he already knows that. He shoulda changed it for you.

702sandman

Sep 12, 2015
Awesome sounds a lot like we just used the wrong belts for the race lol I threw on a used 14 belt and ran my next race with that belt and no issues. I was more curious as to whether other racers used blowers or not but sounds like I'll be ok with out is as long as the clutches are set up correctly...thanks for your replys

Barnum527

May 21, 2014
First off I am not clutch expert by any means with that said I race worcs and have not had 1 belt issue for a season and half running two races a weekend on the same belt . Knock on wood. Everyone that I have talked to gathering information about the blowers is that the blower pushed 240 CFM when the car is idling it would help when you start driving the car BUT the clutch will push more CFM then the blower then the blower is restricting the air flow. as far as putting new belts on- days before a race I wash the belts in soapy water and scrub them with a brush ( just for my belts) then let air dry. at the race I practice and do unclassified with the belt on the car Saturday morning I change put a BRAND NEW BELT on and drive it around the pits completing heat cycles. a new belt goes on for every round to eliminate chances of any belt failures.

just my two cents
Barnum-527

702sandman

Sep 12, 2015
That's good to hear that your belts last ...I bought a bunch of the 14 belts and washed them and have heat cycled them. I hope we just had the wrong belt on there and now we are on the right track lol. What do you do as far as axles ? How often do you change those ?

Barnum527

May 21, 2014
Yeah I actually switched front the 14 belt and ran the 15 because I was told the compound was better. lol but I think it has all to do clutch set up and keeping them clean and inspected. On axles I am changing them every 3 races

702sandman

Sep 12, 2015
We both raced this weekend at primm and had no issues with our belts. We both used the 14's and they made it to the end lol I ended up taking second place in production 1000 and my daughter took 4th in women's. So I think I'll stick with the 14 belts and see how it goes. 3 races seems about right on the axles ..thank for all the info guys

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
How does it work when you have multiple rows starting in a big class like production 1000 in worcs ? Are the final standings based on corrected time like desert racing ? Are the transponders reliable ? Also what determines what row you start on ?

702sandman

Sep 12, 2015
Yes with multiple rows that start approx 1 min apart they are all timed by transponders. I would think they are reliable. They post corrected times shortly after each race. The goal is to get a good hole shot and get out in front of the traffic lol the rows are determined by points.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000