WORCS rules on injuries

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
i was wondering whats the rules on driving with injuries is?

broke the scaphoid in my wrist at ocotillo yesterday and havasu is in 2 weeks....already ordered power steering....so im gona race if they let me. My hand to my forearm is casted

im still able to fully drive as i usually race 1 handed (casted one) so imnot too worried about handling an safety

speedracer

Feb 20, 2010
i broke my hand at havasu last year and raced anza with a broken hand. i dont really think they mind, i even practiced on the quad with the broken hand in anza!

speedracer

Feb 20, 2010
i could jump the quad and go fast in the striaght runs but i couldnt turn for the life of me! it got even tricker in my rhino because no power sterring and in the first lap i broke one rear axle so the car wanted to do circles on its own! the things racers do to keep in a points series lol

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Better to ask for forgiveness in this case....... I wouldnt bring it up.

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
Thats true brian! im gonna get the power steering installed this weekend and go do some driving too see how comfortable i am and i should be good to go

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
This is WORCS and WORCS roots are founded in moto.

Moto guys ride healthy or not. They splint/cast/or tape up and ride with sprained and/or broken body parts, all usually against doctors orders.

That said breaking the scaphoid is one of the worst wrist injuries you can have. This little bone has ended motocross careers due to its very slow healing time (due to poor circulation in this area of the wrist) and sometimes limited range of mobility after it has healed. This is the break that ended Ricky Johnsons career after Danny Storbeck landed on him at Gainesville.

If you choose to race add your power steering, maybe even add a quickner, immobilize your wrist as much as possible, don’t use it at all, and keep an eye on the rear view mirror.

You'll be slower but at least you will be there....

My .02

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
Thanks for that! Ya i did my googling on this break. Im going to have it not being used at all and stick it to my chest the whole race so it doesnt bounce around either.

For sure i will let the faster guys go by since i fear this has taken atleast 40% of my driving capabilites. Just looking to finish, get points, and show off em sponsors :)

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Be care full man! I shattered my radius, up against the scaphoid and I could barely wipe my ass for 5 months, let alone go play or race in my Rhino. This break must not be as painful.......

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
I broke my ulna on the same arm last summer. That pain was waaaay worse than this. This hard cast keeeps it in place an i can barely feel it unless i do some cart wheels or something. Im gona get like a pillow or a temperpudic mat on my lap to help absorb impact from the tables

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000