All UTV's wrapping a UTV

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
so what are the pro's and con's of wrapping a UTV. hood, fenders, roof, aluminum panels?

does it last?

does it lift up in some corners after a while?

how hard is it to remove?

does it leave any residue behind after removal?

will it hold up if i leave the UTV in an enclosed trailer during the AZ summer, 130* with no air movement?

i would imagine colors and design are endless?

close up does it look ok or just like a sticker?

does mud stick to it?

can i spray whistle dick (wd40) on it so mud does not stick?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I notified our new sponsor Jeremy w/ Synergy Graffix and Southern Cali Wraps. He will come on and answer these questions for you guys.....good questions Mike. The wraps definitley look sick. I would also say that if you damage a panel it would probably be easier to re wrap that panel then re paint it when replaced? You can also freshen your car up with a new look whenever you want which is awesome.

I can answer a few of the questions since I finally got a wrap....

Up close it looks awesome. From 5 ft back it looks like paint. I mean of course you can tell when you are all up on it and looking har that it isnt and does have edges but from a couple feet away you cant tell, atleast when it is installed properly.

One of the things Jeremy told me is you do want to be careful when washing it. You dont want to hammer the edges with a pressure washer and you dont want to rub against the edges. This will prevent it from peeling.

He also told me with proper maintenance, meaning you wash it after getting it dirty, that it should last 5 years without fading or falling a part.

Colors and design are endless!!!

I dont think mud will stick to it anymore than paint and I would not see why you couldnt spray WD40 on it....

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
One thing I noticed on my wrap is it can be hard to get the wrap down into the valleys (like on the hood).

It looks really good on the aluminum side panels and roof though.

Raw plastic is better than painted plastic. The wrap sticks better.

I haven't had it but a week so I have no idea about durability. But I could see how edges could become an issue.

Synergy Graffix

SouthernCaliWraps.com
Jan 29, 2010
www.SynergyGraffix.com
Hey guys. Yeah, I'd love to answer any and all questions you have regarding graphics and wraps.

-The biggest benefit of a wrap has to be the endless possibilities of design. Creating an effective look and still being able to incorporate sponsor and team logos into design making it all look cohesive is huge.

-Getting a custom finished look for your ride will cost far less using a vinyl wrap than paying to get a custom paint job. In addition, if you do damage a panel it can easily be re-wrapped at minimal costs.

-Vinyl Wraps are very durable and when done right should be able to get into most channels and tight areas of a vehicle.

-Wraps are in essence a big sticker but have so many more options. We can print at a very high resolution for clarity and by using the best 3M materials out there the finished product looks like wet paint when done.

-Wraps are easy to remove when your ready. The vinyl is made to be removed without damaging the surface underneath. No residue left behind if removed after the first couple years. After that anything left behind is easily removed with a mild cleaner.

-Absolutely a wrap would hold up in a hot trailer. That's actually an ideal environment. No elements and just plain heat baking that wrap onto the UTV means it's going to be set very well.

-Mud will stick to it just like anything else. (paint, plastic) Like anything else you want to take care of you rinse it off when your done getting mud all over it. Wraps last longer when taken care of so wash and detail it like you would normally. Only thing you have to be more careful of is the edges of the wrap and not to be overly abrasive with it. High pressure washer aren't recommended because bottom line---it's a big sticker.

-WD40 is not an issue. The vinyl has a protective laminate on it that protects it from most elements and fluids.

http://www.southerncaliwraps.com

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
a couple years ago i had my rhino wrapped, see below. it didnt stick all that great, but i am sure the material and prep has come a long way since then.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Can you give us a ballpark price?

Thx

MP

Hey guys. Yeah, I'd love to answer any and all questions you have regarding graphics and wraps.

-The biggest benefit of a wrap has to be the endless possibilities of design. Creating an effective look and still being able to incorporate sponsor and team logos into design making it all look cohesive is huge.

-Getting a custom finished look for your ride will cost far less using a vinyl wrap than paying to get a custom paint job. In addition, if you do damage a panel it can easily be re-wrapped at minimal costs.

-Vinyl Wraps are very durable and when done right should be able to get into most channels and tight areas of a vehicle.

-Wraps are in essence a big sticker but have so many more options. We can print at a very high resolution for clarity and by using the best 3M materials out there the finished product looks like wet paint when done.

-Wraps are easy to remove when your ready. The vinyl is made to be removed without damaging the surface underneath. No residue left behind if removed after the first couple years. After that anything left behind is easily removed with a mild cleaner.

-Absolutely a wrap would hold up in a hot trailer. That's actually an ideal environment. No elements and just plain heat baking that wrap onto the UTV means it's going to be set very well.

-Mud will stick to it just like anything else. (paint, plastic) Like anything else you want to take care of you rinse it off when your done getting mud all over it. Wraps last longer when taken care of so wash and detail it like you would normally. Only thing you have to be more careful of is the edges of the wrap and not to be overly abrasive with it. High pressure washer aren't recommended because bottom line---it's a big sticker.

-WD40 is not an issue. The vinyl has a protective laminate on it that protects it from most elements and fluids.

http://www.southerncaliwraps.com

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
oooohhh its like that ehh? red, looks like the sun washed out the red in the picture.
Hey...Hey...calm down now....it was a question...I knew you chicka used to roll that rig out.....I thought maybe you did some pink :D:D:D:Dya ya...thats all I was gettin at:D:D:D:D

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
so what are the pro's and con's of wrapping a UTV. hood, fenders, roof, aluminum panels?

does it last?

does it lift up in some corners after a while?

how hard is it to remove?

does it leave any residue behind after removal?

will it hold up if i leave the UTV in an enclosed trailer during the AZ summer, 130* with no air movement?

i would imagine colors and design are endless?

close up does it look ok or just like a sticker?

does mud stick to it?

can i spray whistle dick (wd40) on it so mud does not stick?
When I purchase my Rhino it had a custom wrapping with the old owner's sponsors. The dirt and mudd washed of really easy and the corners and big curves looked pretty good! You just dont wanna rub or powerwash the edges of the wrap!
I olny took the wrap off for 2 reasons: they always thought I was the old owner and it just wasnt my style.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000