XP1K 2 AND 4 SEAT BLOWN BELT ISSUES.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Run with the cover off. It wont hurt shit and if anyone thinks a little sand dust is a problem your crazy and maybe some of the sliders wear a little faster but who cares , better than blown belts. I haven't run clutch covers since 2006 and I have had no issues. LOL My own Secret to success.;)

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Well we just got back from Glamis, Blew the belt on one of the XP1k4 cars. about 150 miles on it and we went from Cement flats at Gecko to Olds and back and it blew right by the Flat drags. When we were leaving Olds another XP1k4 was Bombing down Olds and his Belt popped and all kinds of smoke.
So our other guy in camp with the XPk14 decided to go home after the other one blew up cause I think he was worried about what was coming up next and that was gonna be a Balls out sunset to into the night run and Im sure his was next up but maybe not since he runs the clean up section out Back LOL.
I Blew My Max Belt at 500 miles (40hrs) of Glamis Abuse. How would we compare running the dunes hard to say to running hard pack. Dunes 5x harder on Belts I guess. LOL. Im putting on my Rage 8 and Roller secondary, Hehehe.

dynomike

Dec 11, 2013
Well we just got back from Glamis, Blew the belt on one of the XP1k4 cars. about 150 miles on it and we went from Cement flats at Gecko to Olds and back and it blew right by the Flat drags. When we were leaving Olds another XP1k4 was Bombing down Olds and his Belt popped and all kinds of smoke.
So our other guy in camp with the XPk14 decided to go home after the other one blew up cause I think he was worried about what was coming up next and that was gonna be a Balls out sunset to into the night run and Im sure his was next up but maybe not since he runs the clean up section out Back LOL.
I Blew My Max Belt at 500 miles (40hrs) of Glamis Abuse. How would we compare running the dunes hard to say to running hard pack. Dunes 5x harder on Belts I guess. LOL. Im putting on my Rage 8 and Roller secondary, Hehehe.
warlock
did the car that blew the belt have the clutch cover off or on?

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
warlock
did the car that blew the belt have the clutch cover off or on?
The covers were on. I recommended running it off but the service guy at Ridenow scared them by saying if it comes in for warranty work and there's sand in the cover nothing is warrantied. Ridenow says the sand swirling back there eats the aluminum sheaves up and destroys the clutch . whatever. so now when we dune he crosses his fingers hoping it won't blow again and that sucks.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I've been running my Maverick without the CVT cover, but I'm seeing a lot of damage from too much sand getting in there. I've been running the CV tech primary, and it has obvious signs of sand wearing it faster, and then just this past Friday as I was putting the stock primary back on and I noticed three bad grooves on each of the secondary fingers so it to me isn't worth running without the cover on. I ran my rhino without one for 3000 miles I never had a problem. But it's just not working out the on the Maverick. Also, even though I have the exhaust wrapped and a heatshield around it, I think there's still too much heat from the exhaust in that area making another reason why it's better to have the cover on.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I've been running my Maverick without the CVT cover, but I'm seeing a lot of damage from too much sand getting in there. I've been running the CV tech primary, and it has obvious signs of sand wearing it faster, and then just this past Friday as I was putting the stock primary back on and I noticed three bad grooves on each of the secondary fingers so it to me isn't worth running without the cover on. I ran my rhino without one for 3000 miles I never had a problem. But it's just not working out the on the Maverick. Also, even though I have the exhaust wrapped and a heatshield around it, I think there's still too much heat from the exhaust in that area making another reason why it's better to have the cover on.
I haven't looked hard at the 2 seat Mav setup as to how much exposure to the elements you might have but on the Max its tucked up between the rear seats so I don't think it gets a lot of sand swirling. Maybe just swiss cheese the cover and use the http://www.frogzskin.com/ kind of cool looking product.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
Spread the secondary and take the belt off, then look in the center of the secondary and see if there's some grooves visible. Also look for a sandblast pattern on the center of the secondary as mine has a noticeable amount of sandblasting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000