Polaris XP900 Stock Clutch Issues???????

Bradillac

Dec 1, 2011
Just wondering if anybody has had any issues with the stock clutch. I only have about 700 miles on the car and has gone through 4 belts. This time the belt broke and tore up the outer plastic cover (cracked and a couple holes, and now i have oil dumping out of the clutch....Thinking the belt fiber got behind the clutch and tore up the engine seal.

Any help or if this sounds familiar let me know...

thanks

brad

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
I'd say it's time to see the dealer. There's something that is misaligned. This is not normal IMHO.

I'd be sure not to touch anything and make them fix it under warranty. Good luck!

Dan ...
:)

Bradillac

Dec 1, 2011
it will be on the way in the am. im not running on anything crazy mostly barstow, parker, and some glamis so something isn't right....

Mitch G

2009-2010-2012 King Of The Hammers UTV winner
Feb 14, 2010
I have1300 miles on the same belt. with a ton of races, short course to worcs. there is something wrong with yours

Bradillac

Dec 1, 2011
so here is the update....(and it sucks)

but here goes, the boys at berts say that when the belt broke the first time after 160mi. That is when the seal got torn and has been leaking since then (even though i have never seen oil in the clutch before). the oil that has been leaking into the clutch is what caused the belt to break the two following times. and since the belt caused the leak and belts are not covered under warranty the seal is not covered as well...

so other than $1500 for then to fix it, i will be picking it up tomorrow and doing it myself....

""""F' WARRANTIES THEY ARE USELESS""""

so i hope to be back out running in a week or so...depending on the cost to fix it...

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Bull shit, call ART WOOD at Berts. Thats crap. The xp has been known to be a leaker without a belt MAKING it leak:mad:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
BJ Baldwin had this occur but it was his fault. What happened was the belt popped, he then replaced the belt and eventually popped again. He replaced the belt a third time and made it through the weekend but not until after he caused damage to the same seal causing him to lose enough oil to pop the motor. What happened was after the first belt popped he didn't clean off all the excess belt that remained around the clutch shaft. This material rubbed trough the seal causing the leak.

Now as FYI the reason he was popping belts was he had a new big HP Kroyer motor that wasn't clutched properly and he had some big ass STU paddles.

Anyway. Hope you get it figured out.

dev's rzr

Jan 7, 2011
glandora ca
Well I'm on my 3rd clutch and and 3rd belt I deleave with 3,850 miles on mine all sand miles and pulled 2 buggies out of the sand mmmmmm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000