YAMAHA - June 11th, 6PM PST on UTVUnderground.com - 2014 Model Year RELEASE!

FabMan

Jan 9, 2010
Leslie, Mo.
Take an 08' Teryx, scan it, put in our engine, put round headlights in the cat eye openings, slap Yamaha stickers on it and market it as the next big thing!
WHATEVER! Trying to sell that thing, Yamaha might be right back OUT of the utv market.

DIRTCREW3

Oct 11, 2011
Not sure i would say "baby steps", to me it seems like they are going backwards!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you think about it. It makes perfect sense to do what they did. Replace the rhino which has been the best selling sxs since 2004 with a new model. get that segment of the market taken care of and keep making money. Then introduce a sport down the line.

bybeed1

Mar 12, 2013
If you think about it. It makes perfect sense to do what they did. Replace the rhino which has been the best selling sxs since 2004 with a new model. get that segment of the market taken care of and keep making money. Then introduce a sport down the line.
Completely disagree... I was definitely expecting a utility based machine, but why put the same 686cc engine in it, throw another person up front, and add weight to the machine!!! I am fine with a utility based machine, but for God's sake put a decent power plant in it... CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS NOT A INLINE OR V-TWIN...
I am glad they did not name it as a Rhino... It would be embarrassing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Im glad Yamaha UTV's are back on the store fronts. We all know what Yamaha can produce and im sure there will be a sport/race model soon.. I own a Yamaha YFZ 450 quad and when they came up with the idea of putting a Motorcycle and a quad in one machine what a great idea. They are all about reliability and what a awesome machines.

cruddymutt

Jun 11, 2013
if they go at their current rate most of the people that enjoy this sport on this day will be dead
+1...Ive been waiting for the "rumored' 500cc Banshee since the early 90s. Of course I know it will never come. I did wait 2 years for Yamaha to bring a sport SXS to market but gave up last year and bought an XP. Been riding Yamaha since 86 and used to bleed Yamaha Blue. I wasn't going to sell my XP but I was VERY excited to see something amazing today. My son said "ZONKS" when the picture showed up of the new Viking. Oh well.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
If Yamaha is actually introducing an new UTV for 2014, I would bet it is more inline with the Polaris Ranger & Kawasaki Teryx. I just dont see Yamaha making a true sport model.

I read somewhere that overall the "Utility" models out sell the "Sport" models Nationwide. This was Yamaha's original intent with the Rhino. It was the consumer that made it for fun recreation.
Wow! I feel like a visionary. The new Yamaha Viking is exactly what I expected from Yamaha. And for those who think this is their step back into the game. I guess you didn't realize they had not left the market. The Rhino is still a alive until the Viking replaces it. If Yamaha wanted in the performance sport market, they would be here.

The fact is Yamaha like Honda is content to be in the utility work/ranch market. We all need to except this and not expect anymore from Yamaha.

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Yes, a tease, BUT Yamaha has committed to a NEW UTV EVERY YEAR FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS!!
No offense.. but at their current rate.... in 5 years they'll be releasing what could be bought today in the XP... YAWN !!!

Epic fail Yamaha. My opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000