Yxz 1000 Transmissions

Squirrelly92

Oct 1, 2016
Looking at the 5 speed vs the sport shift. I know that these are not trail machines with the 5 speed. Are the sport shift holding up or not? I heard that with the ss is not the greatest and you can have more fun with the 5 speed. I've driven both and of course there is pros and cons for them.I'm just looking for your opinion on what you guys think of each one. Like how they hold up with a modified engine and what not.

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016
Looking at the 5 speed vs the sport shift. I know that these are not trail machines with the 5 speed. Are the sport shift holding up or not? I heard that with the ss is not the greatest and you can have more fun with the 5 speed. I've driven both and of course there is pros and cons for them.I'm just looking for your opinion on what you guys think of each one. Like how they hold up with a modified engine and what not.

Your statement regarding the YXZ not being a trail machine is not correct.

I do nothing but trails in my 5spd and I love it. No issues so far and I have 500 miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Goodtimes

Squirrelly92

Oct 1, 2016
First off I like what you did with relocating the radiator and we just got a yxz with the 5 speed in the shop because the guy destroyed the clutch trail riding. It only had 60 mile on it too. Now that could mean the guy was a dumb ass and didn't know how to clutch properly or he was riding on rough trails.. I don't know. I'd like to know people's thought on the ss. Not the stupid 15 minute long YouTube video saying how great it is..

Reactions: Cool_Racer_79

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016
First off I like what you did with relocating the radiator and we just got a yxz with the 5 speed in the shop because the guy destroyed the clutch trail riding. It only had 60 mile on it too. Now that could mean the guy was a dumb ass and didn't know how to clutch properly or he was riding on rough trails.. I don't know. I'd like to know people's thought on the ss. Not the stupid 15 minute long YouTube video saying how great it is..

That sucks man. But yeah, must've been a dumb ass that didn't know how to use the clutch. I've personally have witness people that ride with the foot on the clutch. That's bad as it will slip and you will not notice. I also know a ton of people that race YXZs and they are on stock clutch with over 1,500 on the clutch without issues. I even know someone with 3,400 miles on the stock clutch with no issues. Knowing how to ride and maintenance is key!

G/L, but IMO, keep the 5spd and enjoy it once you fix the clutch. If you know how to ride, you should be fine. And yes, where I ride (GA) the radiator relocation is worth the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000