Go Back   UTVUnderground.Com - The #1 Resource for SXS Enthusiasts > UTV Underground Member Section > UTVUnderground Builds - Show and Tell

UTVUnderground Builds - Show and Tell Member Build Threads. Post your builds and their progress. www.WalkerEvansRacing.com

Old 12-13-2011, 03:17 PM
GO PREPARED! - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor

Name: Andy
Warn Industries will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 09 Rock Rzr

That looks seriously good, and I'm sure it performs even better than it looks. Probably has bigger tires than my Suzuki Sidekick. LOL!

- Andy
Old 12-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Prospect

Name: Greg
RokAddict85 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys...not quite working on the rzr, but this will enable me to get more done. i got tired of working on projects in my carport, and really wanted to lock up the rzr better, so here's what ive been working on:

my outbuilding/workshop/storage

built some doors:

in place:

easily fits throu:

crappy pic but now i can secure my rzr, and work on it indoors.

soon i will be knocking down that dividing wall, and extending the shop all the way to the left. that will give me room for work benches, more shelves, and room to work.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Prospect

Started on one of my projects, I am working on grooving my tires. This will shed a bit of weight per tire, helping relieve some of the stress the 30's put on the diff/axles, and also get me a little bit better traction (im hoping ha).

here is how much i have removed, and you can see the chisel i used, and part of the propane tank i used to heat up the chisel. This took me about 35 minutes on the first tire. I am going to go back and finish removing each lug, as you can see i only removed about 2/3rds on the first cut. I figure i will have just over an hour into each tire.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Prospect

Got one tire done:

Old 12-19-2011, 07:04 AM
Prospect

started working on building a glove box/compartment for storage. also started planning my audio / communications. i already have a nice cobra cb from my jeep, so i plan on installing that, as well as a 2 way radio, a decent headunit, and a sirius/xm radio. Probably only do 2 marine speakers as space is limited.

Ill post some pics when i get home tonight of the glove box.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:33 AM
KawiCrawler - UTVUnderground Approved

Name: Brett Carter
cuflipn is a name known to all
Send a message via Yahoo to cuflipn

Cool projects!
You are one busy guy LOL
Old 12-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Rock Crawler

Name: Lanse and Jared
ROTR is just really nice

I wished you would have done this a month ago, LOL. I just sold a set of tires and rims just like the ones you have. I wanted to do what you did and take some lugs out, but figured it would take me forever. I went back to bighorns and miss the clearance the 30"s gave me. I was gonna take out more lugs, like every other one on the oustside as well.
How does it work exactly? Just heat the chisel up and push through it? IMO a 30" BFG KM2 with half the lugs out would be the perfect tire.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuflipn View Post
Cool projects!
You are one busy guy LOL
Thanks man! I like to keep busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTR View Post
I wished you would have done this a month ago, LOL. I just sold a set of tires and rims just like the ones you have. I wanted to do what you did and take some lugs out, but figured it would take me forever. I went back to bighorns and miss the clearance the 30"s gave me. I was gonna take out more lugs, like every other one on the oustside as well.
How does it work exactly? Just heat the chisel up and push through it? IMO a 30" BFG KM2 with half the lugs out would be the perfect tire.
Yea, honestly after my last trip out with some other side by sides, I saw how spaced out the lugs were on their tires. The mud terrains, while they do work well, seemed like the tread just wasnt cleaning out as well as i wanted. A lot of the time we will hit patches of mud just before a big section of rocks, so I am just trying to improve their clean out ability. If i save weight in the process, its all good

If you dont feel like ponying up for an expensive tire groover, just take a propane torch and a gun attachment, i like the ones with variable flames, and a smallish 1/2" or 3/4" chisel. Heat it up for it a bit (i just left the torch on, next to the tire) and push it sideways into a lug. You will know if you need more heat...it should easily cut right through it with a bit of pressure on the handle.

I started out only cutting half the lug out...this is my first time grooving tires, i didnt want to accidentally stab my tire ha. Turns out its really easy to do. I wore a welding glove to not burn myself, and could do 2 lugs per heat cycle. I have an hour and a half into the first tire.

( i will weigh what i took off this week, get an avg per tire savings)
Old 12-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Prospect

here's the glove comp ive been working on, just started grinding down all the welds.

it is 9" wide, 9" deep, and 7" high, will mount on passenger side about where the grab handle was, tucked up tight under dash. still working on the door...
Old 12-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Prospect

glove box is built:

still gotta figure out the door for it, and paint it.

started to work on where im mounting it...going to have to modify one piece of tubing, but it should tuck up nicely under the dash.

Tags
rock, rzr