For pure-sport ROV enthusiasts who desire to share their adventures with up to three passengers, the 2014 trio of Arctic Cat Wildcat 4-seaters delivers ultimate off-road performance. Joining the Wildcat 4 and 4 Limited this season is the all-new Wildcat 4 X featuring the powered-up 90-plus-hp 1000 engine and 27-in. Maxxis Bighorn tires.
The Wildcat 4 models feature a stretched exoskeleton frame that’s 29 inches longer than the standard Wildcat, to comfortably accommodate the two rear bucket seats with best-in-class passenger ride-in comfort and leg room. All four high-back seats feature 3-point belts, with four tube-frame doors featuring integrated nets. Unlike competitive brand machines, the driver and passengers are located near the Wildcats’ low center of gravity, leaving them less affected by the movements of the vehicle with greater confidence and control. With an industry-leading 17/18 inches of front/ rear suspension travel and 13 inches of ground clearance, the Wildcat 4 models are built to handle all kinds of terrain with unmatched comfort and control. The 5-point, multi-link trailing-arm rear suspension design keeps the rear tires planted while the suspension moves through its travel for unmatched traction and control, while the double A-arm front is renowned for its cornering and control.
All three models feature FOX Podium gas shocks with compression adjustment.Power comes from the torque-tuned, liquid-cooled 951cc Arctic Cat H2 V-Twin 4-stroke with Electronic Fuel Injection, with a powered-up 90+-hp version in the X model.
All three get an automatic transmission with TEAM Rapid Response clutches and feature electronic selectable 2WD/4WD and front differential lock. Braking performance has been enhanced on all three models for 2014, starting with a new brake pedal that features a new lever ratio for more aggressive feel of the four-wheel hydraulic brakes.
Variable Assist Electronic Power Steering (EPS) delivers light steering input effort when negotiating tough obstacles like washouts, rocks and mud, but with enough feedback so the driver senses the tire contact patch in relation to the terrain.
Class-leading LED headlights and taillights shine extra-bright, while a 300 lb. payload rear compartment is large enough to carry a cooler and a gerry can of gas.
Machined, cast-aluminum wheels, automotive-style paint and tilt steering complete the package.
The Wildcat 4 Limited offers two-tone color-matched bucket seats; aluminum front and rear bumpers and bedmounted tie-down hooks.
The Wildcat 4 X gets the same upgrades as the Limited, plus the powered-up 90-plus-hp H2 engine, 27-in. Maxxis Bighorn tires, and Vibrant Red Metallic and Viper Blue Metallic painted bodywork options.
NEW FOR 2014
- The Wildcat 4 X and 4 Limited are new models for 2014
- Revised hydraulic brake pedal with new lever ratio for more aggressive feel
- H2 951cc, EFI, SOHC 4-stroke, 4-valve, V-twin, liquid-cooled engine
- Variable Assist Electronic Power Steering (EPS)
- CVT automatic transmission with High/Low/Reverse/Park and engine braking
- Electronic 2WD/4WD/ Differential Lock
- TEAM® Rapid Response clutches for quick acceleration
- FOX® Podium remote-reservoir shocks with 23-position compression adjustment
- Double A-arm front suspension with 17 in. of travel
- 5-point multi-link trailing-arm rear suspension with 18 in. of travel and swaybar•
- Tilt steering wheel
- LED head and tail lights
- Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes with dual-piston front calipers
- 14-in. machined cast aluminum wheels
- 300-lb. rear cargo box capacity
- Automotive-style painted bodywork
- Underseat storage
- Bed-mounted tie-down hooks
- Dual fan cooling system
- 26-in. Duro Kaden tires (4 and 4 Limited)
- 27-in. Maxxis Bighorn tires (4 X)
- Aluminum front and rear bumpers (Limited and 4 X model)
- Color-matched two-tone seats (Limited and 4 X model)
- Available in Orange Metallic or Team Arctic Green Metallic painted bodywork (4 and 4 Limited)
- Available in Viper Blue Metallic, Team Arctic Green Metallic and Vibrant Red painted bodywork (4 X