Dear Best In The Desert Racers ~
First, let me say, I’m excited about this MOTORCYLE, QUAD and UTV ONLY RACE promoted by Best In The Desert, Mad Media and UTV Underground.com. This is a real piece of GOLD in our 2016 ~ “The American Off-Road Racing Series.” The POLARIS RZR UTV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP for UTV’s, Motorcycles and Quads is here!
Every year, here at Best In The Desert, we are expanding the sport of off-road desert racing, widening our horizons and looking for bigger and better ways to give you, the Motorcycle, Quad and UTV participants quality events that are fun, safe and still challenging! The event will again run on the same team format as all other Best In The Desert events! We have had very successful Motorcycle, Quad and UTV long distance courses and for 2016 we are once again giving our very loyal MOTORCYCLE, QUAD and UTV racers their OWN GRAN PRIX STYLE EVENT, the Polaris RZR UTV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and no questions about it, it will be “THE SUPERSTAR OF DESERT RACING!” Best In The Desert is mixing it up all the time; for the Parker “250” we gave you a long distance challenging loop course, in the “Vegas to Reno” race we will give you a 2-day staged event, and this year’s Polaris RZR UTV World Championship will be a challenging gran prix style event!!! Variety is the spice of life and Best In The Desert is offering you some very fun spice!
Best In The Desert is very proud to have POLARIS as the Title Sponsor of the Polaris RZR UTV World Championship. I think it is very important that all of you racers realize just how important it is to our sport to have support from the Town of Laughlin and Polaris. I believe if we want the sport of off-road racing to continue and grow we must have the quality sponsorship involvement. The Colorado Belle-Edgewater Hotel is off-road racing headquarters in Laughlin! They like off-road racing and will treat us like gold!
The Polaris RZR UTV World Championship is in Laughlin, NV; The Colorado Belle Hotel is a beautiful property and sits right at the edge of the beautiful Colorado River. The race will feature a one of a kind format that will feature a full scale Motorcycle, Quad and UTV desert race in the morning and a production style short course UTV race in the afternoon; it’s a very unique event, it’s got something for everyone including a Youth UTV Class!
Registration and Technical Inspection for the Polaris RZR UTV World Championship will be held at the Colorado Belle Hotel, on Friday, February 19, 2016, from
10:30 am to 5pm. The Race will be held on Saturday, February 20, 2016, and the Awards Presentation will be held on Saturday at the Colorado Belle. Don’t miss this great day of racing! Call today for your reservations at Colorado Belle Hotel Laughlin.
The event is created as a way to give the MC/Q and UTV’s the spotlight and to allow racers from the world of desert and short course/MX style racing to showcase their talents and their machines. The Polaris RZR UTV World Championship is being dubbed the biggest UTV race event all year, just wait, it’s going to be the most awesome event you race all year! Best In The Desert Racing Association is thrilled to be bringing this race to life alongside UTV Underground.com and Mad Media. Send your entry form in today so you can be assured a spot in this new and exciting event! I look forward to seeing you in Laughlin, NV in February!
Casey Folks, Director
Best In The Desert
For more information contact
3475 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, NV, 89121, (702) 457-5775, (702) 641-2431 fax, [email protected]
– OVER –
2016 ~ POLARIS RZR UTV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP UPDATES AND GENERAL INFORMATION
- The Polaris RZR World Championship racecourse will feature several different race formats:
- Eight (8) laps (17-mile loop) for BITD Motorcycles & Quads for a total of 136 miles
- Ten (10) laps (17-mile loop) for BITD Pro/Turbo/Unlimited/Spt UTV’s for a total of 170 miles
- A special Youth Production 170 Class Race for 1⁄2 hour on a 1⁄2 mile course
- Ten (10) laps on a 6-mile loop for Production UTV’s for a total of 60 miles
- Note: mileages and laps are approximate and subject to change.
- Race Format: We will feature a full scale Motorcycle/Quad and UTV Gran Prix Style in the morning and a Production Style Short Course Race in the afternoon.
- The Desert Race will be the normal style Best In The Desert format, BITD team race and BITD points.
- In addition to the regular BITD format, Best In The Desert will sanction a Youth RZR 170 race and a Production Style Short Course Race in the afternoon.
- A Family Poker Run will be run on Friday, February 19, from 10:15 am to 12:15 pm. You MUST BE IN A STOCK UTV, NO RACE UTV’s ALLOWED on the Family Poker Run. You must be PRE- ENTERED to attend the Poker Run. All people in the UTV must come to registration, 8-10 am!
- There will be one (1) Hot Pit for Motorcycles, Quads & UTV’s. You are allowed to fuel and switch riders at the Hot Pit only. You will only need one (1) pit support vehicle at the Hot Pit.
- GREAT NEWS!! A Motocross Style area will be open for spectators. Also, there WILL BE overnight camping allowed at Main Parking Area.
- Draw Date: The draw for start positions in Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2016, get your entry form by 2/816!
- HOST HOTEL: Colorado Belle in Laughlin, is the Host Hotel for the event. Please call (800) 677-4837, group code GRUTVWC and make your reservations by 1/22/16. The Tropicana Hotel will be our overflow hotel, call (800) 343-4533, and Harrah’s Hotel (866) 781-9572. Three great hotels to choose from in Laughlin, NV!
- The AWARDS PRESENTATION for the Polaris RZR World Championship Race will be held on Saturday evening, February 20, 2016, at Harrah’s Laughlin, by the river! Don’t miss an awesome day of racing and a wild night of celebrating in the fun town of Laughlin!
- The Laughlin Sidewinder and Spectating Areas will be in the Main Parking Area and you can camp there! The area will be a mile and a half of an all-new grand prix course with jumps and incredible excitement! The Main Parking Area and the Laughlin Sidewinder will be watered down so you’ll have a clear frame for watching your favorite racers race.
- The Polaris RZR World Championship will be filmed by off-road production powerhouse MadMedia on broadcast on national television.
- The Polaris RZR World Championship is an AWESOME MOTORCYCLE, QUAD and UTV race for the 2016 schedule and “The American Off-Road Racing Series!” Remember, the race vehicle must enter and start all points events to become CLASS CHAMPION!!!
About UTV Underground ~ UTVUnderground.com is the world’s fastest growing all-inclusive UTV website, that features content and articles by both enthusiasts and manufacturers alike.
About Mad Media ~ Mad Media (www.madmedia.com) is a San Diego based marketing and creative agency, with in-house film and television production. They craft authentic, culturally engaging brand messages, and deliver them across print, web, photography, and film platforms. Mad Media has been leading the online content revolution since 1995 producing major commercial, television, online content and viral film projects such as The Gymkhana Series and XP1K Series.