New member from New River AZ

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
Hello everyone,
I have been checking this site for months and finnally joined. My family and I enjoy our 2006 Prowler 650. We have owned it since 2008 and put over 3000 miles on it, from sand dunes, mountain camping trips, and of course night ride to DQ.

Looking to upgrade to a true OEM four seat UTV. Only really two machines on the market that seem to work. RZR 800 4, RZR 900 4 or the Teryx 4.

Excited to be a part of the UTV Underground team

Seth

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great people here to chat with and learn from. Don't hesitate to ask us for help, if we can help we will.

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND. I KNOW MOST EVERYONE ON HERE ALL LIKE THE POLARIS 4 SEATERS, BUT THE NEW TERYX 4 WITH THE RIGHT AFTERMARKET PARTS LOOK PRETTY NICE & SEEM TO RUN PRETTY WELL. JUST MY OPINION. LOTS OF POLARIS OWNERS WILL DISAGREE WITH ME.

NEVERENOUGH

Oct 25, 2009
Welcome to the site from another Az family. Lots of great info on the site sit back relax and enjoy.

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND. I KNOW MOST EVERYONE ON HERE ALL LIKE THE POLARIS 4 SEATERS, BUT THE NEW TERYX 4 WITH THE RIGHT AFTERMARKET PARTS LOOK PRETTY NICE & SEEM TO RUN PRETTY WELL. JUST MY OPINION. LOTS OF POLARIS OWNERS WILL DISAGREE WITH ME.
I test drove the T4 with EPS and really liked it. The aftermarket long travel kits look great. I drove a RZRS and a Commander at the sand dunes this last season and really liked both but they are totally two different machines. Just not sure if the T4 or RZR 800 4 would have enough power. Now they both would be a really nice upgrade from my Prowler 650 4 seater. I would really like the power of the 900 XP 4 but it comes with a price.

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
Welcome, i bought a T4 and love it in the desert. Built way better than my RZR 800. Not sure how well it will do in the sand.
Nice to meet you. Is your RZR 800 the S or the 800 4? How would you compare the power. I drove the 800S two seater at the dunes and wow compared to my 650 Prowler it was amazing duning. I want more power and sport but the T4 really has my attention. I ride in the desert, dunes and moutains. The T4 looks and seems to be a really good all around machine. I just don't wan to buy something that I will have to add more parts to go faster and suspenion. They all cost a lot and these machines already are starting to cost more and more $$

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Nice to meet you. Is your RZR 800 the S or the 800 4? How would you compare the power. I drove the 800S two seater at the dunes and wow compared to my 650 Prowler it was amazing duning. I want more power and sport but the T4 really has my attention. I ride in the desert, dunes and moutains. The T4 looks and seems to be a really good all around machine. I just don't wan to buy something that I will have to add more parts to go faster and suspenion. They all cost a lot and these machines already are starting to cost more and more $$
i bought a 2008 RZR and added the lonestar +8, HPD exhaust, and Power Commander to tune it. it was just a 2 seater. i raced it locally for one seson then swapped in a 2006 Yamaha R1 engine and made it a single seater. So i only ran it with the stock motor for a short while. The stock power was not enough for me but the suspension was perfect.

The main reason the RZR feels like it has alot more hp than the others has alot to do with the weight of the machines. The polaris RZR is very light due to its thinwall framerails and materials used. I had to plate alot of the frame when i tore it down to build a race cage.

when deciding on a SXS you really have to decide what terrain you want it to work in the most then deal with shortfalls in the other terrains. There is not one SXS that works the best in all.

I have owned two Rhinos, one RZR and now one T4. They all ended up being built and were just too narrow of an machine to use everywhere.

The T4 in my opinion is a great ALL around machine. Great platform to build off of or just leave it alone. In my case i hope to leave mine alone and just enjoy it, but i have been known to change my mind and go crazy with my toys.

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
i bought a 2008 RZR and added the lonestar +8, HPD exhaust, and Power Commander to tune it. it was just a 2 seater. i raced it locally for one seson then swapped in a 2006 Yamaha R1 engine and made it a single seater. So i only ran it with the stock motor for a short while. The stock power was not enough for me but the suspension was perfect.

The main reason the RZR feels like it has alot more hp than the others has alot to do with the weight of the machines. The polaris RZR is very light due to its thinwall framerails and materials used. I had to plate alot of the frame when i tore it down to build a race cage.

when deciding on a SXS you really have to decide what terrain you want it to work in the most then deal with shortfalls in the other terrains. There is not one SXS that works the best in all.

I have owned two Rhinos, one RZR and now one T4. They all ended up being built and were just too narrow of an machine to use everywhere.

The T4 in my opinion is a great ALL around machine. Great platform to build off of or just leave it alone. In my case i hope to leave mine alone and just enjoy it, but i have been known to change my mind and go crazy with my toys.
I spend the winter months at the sand dunes and in the desert. Summer we like ot go camping in the moutains. So a well rounded UTV is best. my 650 Prowler is working out good, but the kids are getting bigger and after driving a RZRS at the dunes I want to take the duning with a UTV up a notch. I like the comfort, look, frame suspension parts, ect of the T4. Just wondering about the HP's of both the RZR 800 4 and the T4. 900 xp would be great on power and suspension but not the most comfort for a 6'4" guy.

What are your thoughts on power of the redesigned T4 motor?

Thanks Seth

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000