Veteran's weekend , Los Padres Adopt A Trail clean up

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
We surrounded some poor hunter dude.. You know La Famila, we just take over the whole place....

Rzrcsi

La Familia
Jun 18, 2012
Central Cal.
We are planning on coming and camping Friday & Sat. night but will have to leave Sunday afternoon.... gotta work Monday.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Ok were still trying to find out when the staging area will be done we do have other options but the staging is the best for all .

Dave is getting the signs and stickers made up and he did a great job .

We would like to get a lot done this weekend and have fun doing it , Dave thinking of maybe a night ride so bring WARM cloth if you think you'll be doing that ride . The rangers are very happy with the work we have done .

What do you guys think of our normal pot luck sat. night and for the peep that get Monday off have a couple of pizzas delivered from mikes pizza on sunday night (every one chip in a couple of bucks and Dave will make up the difference ? :D

One other thing if the staging area is all black top we might have a little of a problem with the camp fire , we used Larry propane fire place up at miller and it was nice but it takes about two 5 gals of propane a night and if we were to use wood we would have to make sure we didn't mess up the new black top.

OK what you guys and gals think ?

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Can't wait. I will be up there for a day trip on Sunday. I would like to help on the trail and I will definitely pitch in for some pizza:)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Ive got a call and email out to Susan. I'm going up Saturday to look around without the rzr. Maybe get a chance to scope out staging area, see Susan, and work out an alternative staging spot if needed.

The signs and stickers are done. I'm picking them up tomorrow.

Ideas for trail work:
Brushing
Covering up illegal trails off main trail
Trash clean up on both trails and some follow up clean up at gun range
Put up at least one of the signs
Water troft restoration
Re-work the Illegal corner with more, hard to move logs

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I want to have a little fun riding too, so maybe fit in both legs of Yellowjacket trail and night ride to Lookout. We'll see :)

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Ive got a call and email out to Susan. I'm going up Saturday to look around without the rzr. Maybe get a chance to scope out staging area, see Susan, and work out an alternative staging spot if needed.

The signs and stickers are done. I'm picking them up tomorrow.

Ideas for trail work:
Brushing
Covering up illegal trails off main trail
Trash clean up on both trails and some follow up clean up at gun range
Put up at least one of the signs
Water troft restoration
Re-work the Illegal corner with more, hard to move logs

Good list .

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Put me and the family down, we're gonna celibrate my little girl's 3rd birthday while out there. I'll need a head count of the little kids that'll be there so I have enough party bag junk things that the women make.
Remember will have a birthday girl with us .

Group list
1. John Berry (always )
2. Dave (Camping)
3. Rich (Camping)
4. Mike (Camping)
5. Slacker (camping)
6. Grumpy (camping
7. Marksbackhoe (Camping)
8. Larry & Sandy (camping)
9. Scott / DUNRAT ( sunday ).
10 Jim (Rzrcsi) ( Camping )

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Remember will have a birthday girl with us .

Too bad she's not turning 13 or 14, we could really embarrass her with a birthday song by a group this size.:)
Plus Mark would be dealing with a 13 or 14 year old girl, and thats funny in itself. I know that I'll be looking back at my dealings and laughing someday. :D:D

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Here's our trail sign. There's a reason for the Maverick ;)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Had some oval steeeekers made for your ride! These are generic representation stickers of the AAT program for any national forest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000