Center Seat RZR-XP Build

UTVReport

Aug 21, 2009
Damn...you should live out west then...that's some serious driving all the way out to CA. Let me know the first race you do back east...I'd like to go.

Chris

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Damn...you should live out west then...that's some serious driving all the way out to CA. Let me know the first race you do back east...I'd like to go.

Chris
I agree, but my family doesn't. Those were my first races last year. It was a good time. Soboba was a blast.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

UTVReport

Aug 21, 2009
I hear ya...I raced Soboba twice too and loved it. Placed 6th both times...lol. Here's a video of the first lap in 2009...just a tad muddy, to say the least. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEzCw7WLY9c"]2009 Soboba GP UTV Race - Lap 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Chris

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Look what the brown truck dropped off today. I'm going to mount it directly above the steering wheel, in the roof-line. I'll probably run two side mirrors, just inside of the a-pillars, so no concern about covering up the mirror.

I didn't realize they came with the white plastic cover. I had to buy that separate for my last one.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Hey Brit, where did ya order the GPS from? Also, is it just an HD5 with Polaris on it?
You can get it from your local Polaris dealer.

It is a HD5 Gen 2. The extras you get by buying the Polaris version is the branding, the white plastic cover (the cover does not come with the non-Polaris version, but is available), and the pre-loaded trail maps. I'm not too sure about the maps yet, as I haven't installed it. As soon as I get it setup, I'll do an install and demo video.

Here's what I may be changing to for the seat (Kirkey Model 58):

That seat is 10lbs. lighter than my Sparco EVO II Plus.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
You can get it from your local Polaris dealer.

It is a HD5 Gen 2. The extras you get by buying the Polaris version is the branding, the white plastic cover (the cover does not come with the non-Polaris version, but is available), and the pre-loaded trail maps. I'm not too sure about the maps yet, as I haven't installed it. As soon as I get it setup, I'll do an install and demo video.

Here's what I may be changing to for the seat (Kirkey Model 58):

That seat is 10lbs. lighter than my Sparco EVO II Plus.
I ran a Kirkey in my RZR1 and loved it. They look uncomfortable but they feel good.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I ran a Kirkey in my RZR1 and loved it. They look uncomfortable but they feel good.
I've sat in quite a few of them, but never raced in one. I'll probably give it a shot in this build. I'm shooting for a completed weight of 1000 lbs (bare necessities) and below 1100 in full race trim. That may be a little optimistic, but I need to set a tough goal.

-b

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Thanks. I'm putting it on hold until the Kirkey seat gets here. Once that's here, I can be confident that none of the pedal and steering locations need to change. I'm hoping for first of next week.

I've also decided to build my own fuel cell. None of the ones available fit the profile I need.

The fuel cell will use a dry break and large check valve. The same setup I have on my 2012.

I've also decided to do a side exhaust to better aid in weight balance.

-b

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I'll also be adding a set of these to the mix. Should be around 13-14 lbs lighter (total, both sides) than stock by the time they're painted and the tabs for the shock and sway bar are added.

More info to come on brand and availability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000