Center Seat RZR-XP Build

UTVReport

Aug 21, 2009
No doubt a fine line. I just know when I rolled at the Soboba GP around 50 mph, I was glad to have the additional bracing and no damage to the car or rollcage. I guess it also depends how many times you want to build a cage too. :)

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
No doubt a fine line. I just know when I rolled at the Soboba GP around 50 mph, I was glad to have the additional bracing and no damage to the car or rollcage. I guess it also depends how many times you want to build a cage too. :)
Total "strength" of the cage needs to take into account many factors, not just bracing (ex. material used, how tight the joints are, proper welds, wall thickness, etc.). Still a balancing act, though, but most of that stuff (baring wall thickness) doesn't affect the weight of the cage.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010

Yes, I know it's a tight fit under the driveshaft. It'll be safe prior to the first drive.

UTVReport

Aug 21, 2009
Can you space up the driveshaft a bit, so you clear the grease fitting and box in the fuel lines with some metal?

Chris

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
When you planning to have it done? First race now?

Chris
Round 1 of the Georgia Off Road Series at Durhamtown, GA is on March 30th. That will be the first race.

The first part of the day is a two moto short course race. Their short course is about 50' wide in most places and is an absolute blast on a RZR. Your finishing order from the short course race determines your starting position for the night endurance race. The night race is 3 hours on the woods course. The woods course is like riding rails. The dirt is amazingly tacky and swept smooth.

More info - http://sxsjunkie.com/2013/01/georgia-off-road-racing-series/

UTVReport

Aug 21, 2009
I think I'll be in FL then, but if not, I'd like to make it to one of those races. Looks fast and easy, course wise.

UTVReport

Aug 21, 2009
Yep, getting them closer to a 1:1 ratio definitely allows for a lot better tunability and less shock fade, but you will lose travel if you maintain the same mounting location on the a-arms at the same time. Like you said, though, it all comes with a price, because once you go down this path, you're adding more weight with longer shocks and more metal to create the new mounting locations.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I decided to go ahead and brace up the b-pillar. Mostly because I wanted to protect the exhaust from a rear impact or roll over. The brace from the rear "bumper" to the b-pillar is cheap insurance.

Rear fenders are mounted with a slight "bobtail". It accentuates the narrow/slim look of the cage.

HiPer Bling!!!!

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Ride height test.

Special thanks to my stunt double for filling in for me.

I would like to drop it a couple of inches. I think the extra height is due to the lower weight, compared to what these shocks are sprung for. I'm working with King now to drop it down some.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000