My new/old tow rig 1975 Ford 4x4 Crew Cab ;-)

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Well here she is, she pull awesome power to spare ;-)
That the good news ;-)

z28_killer

Mar 11, 2013
Sweet old ford man! I want to build a sweet tow pig like that for haulin our camper/boat around.

What are the specs on that rig? Do you have a build thread somwhere on it?

Again sweet rig!

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
On my way home 3 blocks from home a rear axle come out, good thing I did not have the TH and was a stop sign ;-(

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Did you rebuild the diff? I don't remember seeing that. Whew!!! That could've been REAL bad!!!:eek:

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
w t f ,was that a beer day, just 4 simple nuts
No, there's some "C" clips that go on the axle in the carrier. Those can break which will release the axle, and they can come out. They also fall off real easy when your putting things back together and if you don't check you can miss them.

This could've turned out much worse!!! Hopefully he didn't gall the bearing with the off center weight.

Lucky day for Mr. Cisco!!!!

<center>
</center>

tomcav

Let ride ,bitches
Feb 6, 2011
the oc
No, there's some "C" clips that go on the axle in the carrier. Those can break which will release the axle, and they can come out. They also fall off real easy when your putting things back together and if you don't check you can miss them.

This could've turned out much worse!!! Hopefully he didn't gall the bearing with the off center weight.

<CENTER>
</CENTER>
it looks like a full floater diff ,not the simple c-clip type, who knows maybe cisco will chime in .......

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Nope, I just rebuilt my boys FS Bronco 8.8" LS diff and it also has the same thing. There's an S spring that goes in the middle once the clips are on that keep the axles in place.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Thats a beautiful truck Cisco, ...not as pretty as my F350, but I love it ;)

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009

<CENTER>
</CENTER>
No "C" Clip ;-)

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Axle = it still good
Drum = no bueno
bearings = no bueno
nuts = no bueno

and the $1.00 locking washer that did it all = no bueno
going to try and fine a heavy duty one ;-)

Maybe the Truck has to much Torgue ;-)

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Check the spider gears for end play. There's also a cupped spacer that goes between the top and bottom gear that can also allow some free play. Some folks don't put this back when they rebuild, but it needs to be there.

I'd say it was just old and broke, they have the same diff in pro stocks that have that much HP or more and they hold up, so just old.

Your diff is a limited slip, right?

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Check the spider gears for end play. There's also a cupped spacer that goes between the top and bottom gear that can also allow some free play. Some folks don't put this back when they rebuild, but it needs to be there.

I'd say it was just old and broke, they have the same diff in pro stocks that have that much HP or more and they hold up, so just old.

Your diff is a limited slip, right?
Yup Dana 60 ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000