Keyesville, LaFamilia Style

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Okay all, we've been talking a lot about a Keyesville ride so lets put one together for Memorial Day weekend, May 25-27:D This area has everything from super easy riding to the hairy scaries. The hairy scaries in large part have bypasses. This is not an easy ride but if you want it to be very challenging you can take those lines for sure. This will be a slower technical / scenery ride. I'll put up some pictures in the next post.

We should potluck Saturday night for sure.
No Adventure Passes are needed.

Here's where we're going. From the town of Lake Isabella you're going to drive about 1 mile up highway 155 toward Kernville and Woffard Heights. Turn left on Keyesville Road and follow the paper plate signs into camp. I will post better details on this next week. Here's some satellite images of the area. Sorry it's just links but I don't know how to do the snazzy map posting.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=35.631506,-118.487549&spn=0.011755,0.01929&t=h&z=16

Here's the area a little closer in.
https://maps.google.com/?ll=35.63508...09645&t=h&z=17

We'll use the big open area NW of the Keyesville marking. Easy in and out for the big rigs.

The official list:

1. John Berry (he makes every ride, I love it)
2. Slacker - Camping
3. George, Jorge & Kathy
4. Jim and Melissa
5. Rich, Cheryl & Maxx
6. Tomcav
7. 66Cummins
8. Rzrcsi
9. Grumpy
10. Japinthebox
11. Timmys Hat
12. RedRZR
13. 66Cummins Pops
14. Slowpokejay
15. Robert
16. Trukndave and son

Okay all here's the plan. Saturday is the ride day. The rides will start at 9:00 as always with a riders pow wow. We'll ride to Evans Flat campground have lunch and return to camp in plenty of time for a pot luck. Saturdays wheelin' will not be easy. It'll be the described medium difficulty but can be very hard if you choose unless you have a wagon like Jim and Melissa that runs over anything. Sunday is tentatively going to be a little easier with a a few sticky spots and lunch at the Greenhorn Grill for a meal. Lunch or early dinner, depending on what time we get up there. Monday is do yer own thing as many people will be packing up and heading home.

Here's how to get there.

Exit here off of Highway 178 and turn North (if you need supplies or fuel turn south)

After almost a mile you'll come to this bridge ( the Jeep may not be there)

After that bridge turn left here

If you see this sign, proceed....

Stay on the paved road, at this fork stay to the right.

About 1 mile from the highway and after the fork turn right at this sign.

Here is the meadow. First man in can determine the best location depending on conditions.

Last edited:

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
The official list:

2. Slacker - Camping
3. George, Jorge & Kathy
4. Jim & Melissa (Weather he likes it or not:D)

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
The official list:

2. Slacker - Camping
3. George, Jorge & Kathy
4. Jim & Melissa (Weather he likes it or not)
5. Rich , Cheryl & Maxx

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
I'm not going to be allowed to do any lifting by then so I'm gonna need some help. But we'll be there. :cool:

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
Ill be a maybe... See I don't have a car back yet..... the 800 4 is waiting for powder coating on the long travel kit... The 900 xp is getting cage doors and all the goodies at SDR. ill have it back this Friday, then its of to AZ to Mark at Queen...

tomcav

Let ride ,bitches
Feb 6, 2011
the oc
Hey! The guy just had a uterus and breast implants so give him a break:D I'll help ya Jimmy:D I just wanna see them new Double D's:D
yes ...yes i want to meet the new( jane), dont know what name it is going by now .:eek:....lol love ya

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000