Side By Sides Suck...

Nut_Up

Jul 27, 2014
Well that is what I used to think...
I was the guy who used to say "for 20 grand I could build a sick jeep" or "If I liked to golf I'd consider getting one" ...

Now that I am a Dad, it is a blast being able to have fun with my 4 year old little princess riding shotgun safely belted in a car seat under a roll cage.

Anyways long story short, I just sold my TRX450R and Honda Rancher to purchase my first side by side earlier this month, and it's a friggin blast, super light compared to a truck or jeep, and way more fun for blasting down trails and in the mud with my 4 year old in here own seat rather than having to go slow and have her sit in front of me on one of my quads.

I have never owed a CVT belt driven anything, and I must say I am not a fan of the hesitation, but I also understand it's no TH400 with a trans brake. I have realized there are trade offs, for the light weight drive train components that make these rigs so capable I am assuming the less violent engagment of a CVT makes the most sense. I have already done some reaserch on clutching and found there is hope fore this issue, And I will be ordering a clutch kit that will engage at a higher RPM tomorrow...

However, for the driveline issue on these, I have also done some checking and I could not find an aftermarket driveline I can purchase to replace my stock one, I am looking for a chromoly balanced unit that is in correct phase that I can just purchase? If anyone knows of anywhere that sells one I would appreciate the info.

Thanks

Here are a few pics of the new rig, I snapped this first one right off the trailer, straight from the showroom floor... I have a bunch of goodies ordered and a lot of future plans, it's gonna be fun to use this as a before pic once I start tearing into it...

Here are a few pics from our first ride...

...(to be continued)

Have a good one Y'all

Nut_Up

Jul 27, 2014
Just threw a slip on on it and some radius bars...

...Beadlocks, bumper, and A-amrs are at powdercoat.

Last edited:

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
I know what you mean, you got to make it your own. I'm the same way, but as i get older i seem to not want to dig into the motor.....just gas it and go !!

Nut_Up

Jul 27, 2014
I know what you mean, you got to make it your own. I'm the same way, but as i get older i seem to not want to dig into the motor.....just gas it and go !!
I hear you there, yeah I am trying so hard not to buy any motor mods, I raced ATV MX for a long time and I have been a major gear head my whole life so it's killing me to just leave it stock knowing what kind of fun and breakage is to be had, ha, but the reliable 107 hp does just fine scooting my 4 year old and I down the trail and back home again :)

Jul 19, 2014
Cen Cal
Hey whats up Matt! Its Linger from that other SxS site. Lol. Wait as long as you can before you tear into that motor, because it just never ends as you already know. Lol. Enjoy all the reliable duning time with your precious cargo, that's way more important than going fast.

Nut_Up

Jul 27, 2014
Hey whats up Matt! Its Linger from that other SxS site. Lol. Wait as long as you can before you tear into that motor, because it just never ends as you already know. Lol. Enjoy all the reliable duning time with your precious cargo, that's way more important than going fast.
Hey bud, thanks again for the feedback on the clutch, I just called STM this morning and ordered a Rage 6 primary and their two stage secondary clutch, they were very helpful on the setup so I just pulled the trigger on it right away, glad I went with that kit.

And yeah you know it man on the mods, as much as I wanna go nuts on the motor, my little princess is my number one priority now and as bad as I want to tear into the motor, even more than that I want to be able to get back home when I have her riding shotgun.
Sadly they don't have any dunes up here in Alaska, just sand pits, but there is plenty of hard core terrain I would not want to break down in and have to walk back thru with a little one on my shoulders.
:)

Nut_Up

Jul 27, 2014
Welcome! Nice color pick. And it's great to see you take your little girl out with you. Watch out though, before you know it, she'll want her own 170...

Thanks man. Yeah she loves going for a rip in it, she likes to go fast, but considering I am her Dad I can't blame her, she was born with it, lol.
Plus my buddy has 3 kids and he bought the 4 seater, so it's fun to take the kiddo's out and on the trails and in the mud. It's funny whenever we stopped all they wanted to do is keep going, and to go faster, lol...

When we do eventually stop to take a break it's usually somehwere cool to let the kids play, like this huge rock pile, it sure beats the heck outta video games and tv...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000