BITD Class Vote on turbos

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
so really when has a turbo car besides the mint won a race ?
Good point while it doesn't guarantee a win it is an advantage in terms of raw power when u need it. For example 1904 has moved up at least 3-4 spots avg finishes since building the turbo car so it accounts for something.

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
so really when has a turbo car besides the mint won a race ?
No...but they have started to dominate...S3 should've won this race except for their transmission issue they should have and the Murray s got second (and those two teams are at the top either with or without turbo's). As more show up and get sorted out.. I believe they will...and that includes you.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
No...but they have started to dominate...S3 should've won this race except for their transmission issue they should have and the Murray s got second (and those two teams are at the top either with or without turbo's). As more show up and get sorted out.. I believe they will...and that includes you.

Dominate????? Lets agree on Improve....

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
Background First - NEW GUY TO PRO UTV - 1999 SCORE Number Polaris 2015 NA XP4 1000 Brian Bennett build. 70% done... Freaking out a bit...

Does anyone know when Cory is going to announce the 2016 rules and regs? Let's maybe wait until we know what it is until we go full mutiny. We are coming into PRO UTV for 2016 with some top tier racers. Our build is at the ready for engine and trans stage. Plan was to go ALBA Racing N/A motor, but with these turbos running around, we don't want to start down in power. Let alone the 5 speed manual discussion. AUGH!!!

When is Cory announcing his plan???? Let's see the plan, see if it is in the best interest of the sport and then either light the torches or get back to building...

Last edited:

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
Ok.. dominate might a be a tad premature... they will improve very quickly to the point where all the top teams that "dominate" will be driving turbo's. Better?

Still putting the cart before the horse. But I applaud your love for your brand.

You hope they will Improve quickly and you think alot of top teams want turbos. Cognito said already they did not want to run the Turbo in the desert just yet. With the Turbo car comes alot more parts and pieces.

Reactions: Ignore Amos

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Background First - NEW GUY TO PRO UTV - 1999 SCORE Number Polaris 2015 NA XP4 1000 Brian Bennett build. 70% done... Freaking out a bit...

Does anyone know when Cory is going to announce the 2016 rules and regs? Let's maybe wait until we know what it is until we go full mutiny. We am coming into PRO UTV for 2016 with some top tier racers. Our build is at the ready for engine and trans stage. Plan was to go ALBA Racing N/A motor, but with these turbos running around, we don't want to start down in power. Let alone the 5 speed manual discussion. AUGH!!!

When is Cory announcing his plan???? Let's see the plan, see if it is in the best interest of the sport and then either light the torches or get back to building...
if you had Cory build you your car for the 2016 rules.. you'd already be way ahead of the rest of us.

Last edited:

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona

Does anyone know when Cory is going to announce the 2016 rules and regs? Let's maybe wait until we know what it is until we go full mutiny. We are coming into PRO UTV for 2016 with some top tier racers. Our build is at the ready for engine and trans stage. Plan was to go ALBA Racing N/A motor, but with these turbos running around, we don't want to start down in power. Let alone the 5 speed manual discussion. AUGH!!!

Welcome to the Jungle !!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: JoeyD23 and kornfed

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
My buddy said "F#&K Class 10, let's race PRO UTV, It'll be cheap, no drama and fun bunch of guys." WTH did I just get into...! My build is not even complete and it is obsolete. Johnny, tell Nick I have a crap load of parts coming back to UTV Inc. :):):) Just kidding, we will let the chips fall and race what we bring....!!!

Reactions: JoeyD23 and Johnny

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Might be late to the party here, but why not use parity like drag racing?

IE, 1000cc max naturally aspirated, 820 cc maximum with forced induction, or with inlet restrictors on the turbochargers just like in WRC

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
still goes back to

Production Turbo Class
Production 1000 Class
we dont know what to do with you now class 1000 cc max turbo unlimited what ever but you should be racing a series with shorter races cause finishing is fun class
unlimited class does what for the sport 5 or 6 cars that dont finish races ?
sportsman class does what for the sport ?

Reactions: kornfed

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
If you want the other classes to have the numbers and keep pro the same na class. Do what ama/ district bike races do. New racers start in sportsman class/novice class and when they get enough points and show they can run with the pros they move up. And turbos go unlimited class

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
If you want the other classes to have the numbers and keep pro the same na class. Do what ama/ district bike races do. New racers start in sportsman class/novice class and when they get enough points and show they can run with the pros they move up. And turbos go unlimited class
Great option however until they make a rule that someone with zero experience is not allowed to just buy a trophy truck and enter that class then I don't think it will be able to be applied to UTV desert racing. What your talking about is a fundamental change to desert racing and I doubt it will ever happen. Many discussions have taken place surrounding a form of licensing to race as a "pro" or in an unlimited class. I don't see it ever happening but I have been wrong many times.

Reactions: Brian B

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
The way I see it is that the "Turbo Class", "Pro Unlimited", "Pro Production Turbo", or whatever the class will be called will be the elite class just like the "Trick Trucks" are in the truck world. I started my Turbo build today because i want to race the big boys like Johnny, S3, Murrey's, Burnett etc..... The fans will talk about and want to watch the elite class run. I am by all means not running down any other class, this is just the direction that i see it going and no one is coming up with any kind of solution.

Reactions: kornfed and JoeyD23

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
The way I see it is that the "Turbo Class", "Pro Unlimited", "Pro Production Turbo", or whatever the class will be called will be the elite class just like the "Trick Trucks" are in the truck world. I started my Turbo build today because i want to race the big boys like Johnny, S3, Murrey's etc..... The fans will talk about and want to watch the elite class run. I am by all means not running down any other class, this is just the direction that i see it going and no one is coming up with any kind of solution.
They call TT - Unlimited.. Place turbos in unlimited and let er rip! The class will grow and guys who don't want to race against or build a turbo can keep on battling in Pro UTV.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
They call TT - Unlimited.. Place turbos in unlimited and let er rip! The class will grow and guys who don't want to race or build a turbo can keep on battling in Pro UTV.
Boom! Class adjurened and I'm heading that direction. I had a great conversation with Dustin (S3) earlier tonight and once i finished talking to him i went over to my Turbo car and started cutting. Unlimited class will be the battle of the manufactures I think

Reactions: Brian B

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
This is for the what it's worth department! I am meeting with Cory later this week and I will be sharing the findings from the survey we did at V2R. After we meet I will share all the results here and I will ask Cory to post them on Utvra as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000