BITD Class Vote on turbos

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
This is for the what it's worth department! I am meeting with Cory later this week and I will be sharing the findings from the survey we did at V2R. After we meet I will share all the results here and I will ask Cory to post them on Utvra as well.
Thanks Bill, I look forward to seeing/hearing the results!

Reactions: JoeyD23

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
They call TT - Unlimited.. Place turbos in unlimited and let er rip! The class will grow and guys who don't want to race against or build a turbo can keep on battling in Pro UTV.
This is how it should be but a bad precedent has been set and who knows if it can get straightened out. Also if NA guys wanted to race Unlimited then go for it.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
The thing is you still can race for an overall win if you are in either class. TTs / Class 1 / Bikes all compete for OVERALL wins in addition to winning their class. So a guy in Pro UTV can still beat a Pro Unlimited UTV and claim the OVERALL as well as the class win and visa-versa.

The downside to Unlimited is that next season it would probably be a moderately sized class as it pertains to car count but it would grow and you can still claim OVERALL win by comparing times with the Pro UTV class.

To me it seems so logical but then again I said this last year and everyone just ignored it and argued it. Thats the difference in opinons spawned from someone who cares about the future of the sport and dudes who think drag racing a UTV against another UTV in a strait line on flat ground determines what the dominant off-road machine is... lol

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
This is how it should be but a bad precedent has been set and who knows if it can get straightened out. Also if NA guys wanted to race Unlimited then go for it.
I agree Hans, if you want to race in unlimited then so be it. There are many instances where the smaller engine, lighter TT win because they stay together and are quick. Idk what all the current Unlimited cars are going to do unfortunatly

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I agree Hans, if you want to race in unlimited then so be it. There are many instances where the smaller engine, lighter TT win because they stay together and are quick. Idk what all the current Unlimited cars are going to do unfortunatly
They just keep on doing what they do. When only 5 cars enter in the class what does it matter. Things need to evolve and the class is called UNLIMITED. Let er rip!

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
FWIW I dealt with Cory in tech back when UTVs were allowed in Lucas Oil and he was great to deal with. I have only raced SCORE but if BITD tech is anything like SCORE I would still want to go through a separate tech inspection with Cory. To me it would be worth the cost but there should still be some kind of committee.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
If I had an unlimited budget I would pick the best drivetrain going and have a true race car builder build me a all tube class 1 style chassis and see if I could build the ultimate UTV. I would go race unlimited and let the haters hate.

May 6, 2015
So I am super reluctant to post on this subject as there are a lot of just plain mean people who tell many untruths however I feel a few things should be put straight,

1. There has never been a mid season rule change that allowed any latest released utv to race.

2. there was a pole taken about the turbos in 2014 during tech inspection and all the racers were asked 2 voiced an opinion of no.

3. There will always be new machines developed.

4.. No one can state a specific rule they feel is unfair on this forum they just complain.

5. Cory helps anyone who needs it regardless of who they are.

6. Tech is more complete with Cory than in any other division. tube thickness checks, cage construction, CC checked, injectors and ecu's sealed, as well as all the safety issues.

7. Someone tried to start another association and they wanted to charge BITD and SCORE a bunch of money to use their rule package which would only result in higher costs to racers.

8. There are no race series that are run by committee of racers as there will always be disagreement.

9. Cory does not post, read this web site because there are people on here who just like to create drama, fail to be truthful at times, are not racers, and have never raced in an organized event.

10. Joey D there was not a fight in pit 7 or any other pit with the 1904 team.

11. There are racers that will push the rules if not enforced and they will push them even if they are.

12. BITD never try's to send a racer home as the racer has spent a lot of money to get to the race, they are given a one race grace to fix the problem. Many of you have received this. do not judge by what you see.

13. Cory's phone is always open he answers calls at night, on weekends, all day long. if you truly have something to discuss he can be reached.

14. Turbo's provide inexpensive HP a lot less than a 8,500.00 motor build and they are more reliable.

15. Cory does not just make rules, he analyzes the situation talks with many people, racers, motor builders, and people in the industry and other tech directors, he considers how to enforce it and what it will do to the class.

16. lastly keep in mind we desert race to have fun, find good competition and create great memories.

lastly there are some thoughtful posts on here. Signed Scott Sappington.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Most of those I agree with, a couple of them you are delusional on like your brother

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
A piston kit and ported head don't cost $8500

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
So I am super reluctant to post on this subject as there are a lot of just plain mean people who tell many untruths however I feel a few things should be put straight,

1. There has never been a mid season rule change that allowed any latest released utv to race.

2. there was a pole taken about the turbos in 2014 during tech inspection and all the racers were asked 2 voiced an opinion of no.

3. There will always be new machines developed.

4.. No one can state a specific rule they feel is unfair on this forum they just complain.

5. Cory helps anyone who needs it regardless of who they are.

6. Tech is more complete with Cory than in any other division. tube thickness checks, cage construction, CC checked, injectors and ecu's sealed, as well as all the safety issues.

7. Someone tried to start another association and they wanted to charge BITD and SCORE a bunch of money to use their rule package which would only result in higher costs to racers.

8. There are no race series that are run by committee of racers as there will always be disagreement.

9. Cory does not post, read this web site because there are people on here who just like to create drama, fail to be truthful at times, are not racers, and have never raced in an organized event.

10. Joey D there was not a fight in pit 7 or any other pit with the 1904 team.

11. There are racers that will push the rules if not enforced and they will push them even if they are.

12. BITD never try's to send a racer home as the racer has spent a lot of money to get to the race, they are given a one race grace to fix the problem. Many of you have received this. do not judge by what you see.

13. Cory's phone is always open he answers calls at night, on weekends, all day long. if you truly have something to discuss he can be reached.

14. Turbo's provide inexpensive HP a lot less than a 8,500.00 motor build and they are more reliable.

15. Cory does not just make rules, he analyzes the situation talks with many people, racers, motor builders, and people in the industry and other tech directors, he considers how to enforce it and what it will do to the class.

16. lastly keep in mind we desert race to have fun, find good competition and create great memories.

lastly there are some thoughtful posts on here. Signed Scott Sappington.
so since you say all we do is complain but don't say any rules in specific I guess you failed to read the title of the thread you posted in and the many posts referring to it so here it is again "ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT WANT THE TURBO IN THE PRO PRODUCTION 1000 CLASS AND FEEL IT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED, AND ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE SICK OF THE RULES CHANGING ALL THE TIME DURING A SEASON " is that clear enough?

Reactions: COGNITO

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Pit captain told me it was Corys team that fought. I guess she was wrong. She explained the situation in detail but obviously she was wrong.

As for an association created and wanted to CHARGE BITD and SCORE that was not the ISA. The ISA did not want to charge the race association. They only asked for enthusiasts and racers to join the association so that the ISA could further expand its role like the AMA. Had the ISA been accepted (clearly it was way ahead of its time) none of this would be taking place.

Lastly, Cory does a great job with tech. Should there be an association or committee it doesn't mean Cory can't be a big part of it.

I am curious why the conflict of interest of being racer, judge and jury is ignored like it's non existent? This class had evolved. So should the way it's ran. I would bet 99% of what people are speaking up about wouldn't be taking place if Cory wasn't also a competitor who is sponsored by a manufacturer.

We appreciate the post Scott. My posts always come with great respect towards Cory.

Reactions: Brian B and COGNITO

Sport10

Feb 14, 2015
Where is everyone? I thought their would be just a shit ton of people jumping in on this! I look forward to coming out and being a big part of the 1900 class. let's get this straightened out and go banging!

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Where is everyone? I thought their would be just a shit ton of people jumping in on this! I look forward to coming out and being a big part of the 1900 class. let's get this straightened out and go banging!
Its been debated to death and aside from the survey taken at V2R there's no organized vote. I think Cognito tried and 4 people voted......sad! All against turbos btw.

Reactions: COGNITO

Sport10

Feb 14, 2015
Thanks! No turbo's period or move to another class. Not trying to be a smart ass regarding this matter.

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
They call TT - Unlimited.. Place turbos in unlimited and let er rip! The class will grow and guys who don't want to race against or build a turbo can keep on battling in Pro UTV.
This is the argument I have been making for a year...mostly to deaf ears...including yours to an extent Joey... sounds like there might be some consensus in moving that direction. Guess we'll see.

Reactions: Brian B

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000