Can-Am New Can-Am X3 Coming 8.16.16

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Can-Am took advantage of the Polaris Model Year launch hype and dropped a teaser for their new X3 machine which will be released on August 16th.

Rumors have swirled for months on this new machine. 3 cylinders? Paddle shift? Rear engine design like a RZR? New suspension? New shocks? .....we will have to wait and see!

What's that behind BJ Baldwin?? Possible new X3 with King shocks??

Last edited:

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
I'm very excited to see Can-Am come out with a new platform. I wish there was more legit sources leaking some real info

Reactions: JoeyD23

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I'm pretty sure this machine will come with Fox shocks. However it would make perfect sense for BJ Baldwin to be building one now to help launch the new machine and therefore out Kings on it. Looking at those shocks behind him those look like Fox shocks to me.

Reactions: Simi Dude

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Aww Joey come on it is not nice to feed the beast like that, now i have all these ideas flying around in my head about the new maverick X3 haha!

I could see Can-am gaining some market share with this vehicle if it is as cool as most hope it will be and with the XPT recall just announced days ago, pretty clutch timing by Can-am.

I guess truth will be told on the 16th of August.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Aww Joey come on it is not nice to feed the beast like that, now i have all these ideas flying around in my head about the new maverick X3 haha!

I could see Can-am gaining some market share with this vehicle if it is as cool as most hope it will be and with the XPT recall just announced days ago, pretty clutch timing by Can-am.

I guess truth will be told on the 16th of August.
Yes, the stars have aligned for Can-Am for sure. Lets hope they don't blow this launch by not having these machines ready to go. They have been known to release stuff and not exactly have it ready for purchase for a while after the introduction which in this case could significantly hurt them as we expect a fall introduction of the 2017 XP Turbo model. So we will have to wait and see. But Polaris definitely has left the door open for these other OEMs to make some moves. With that said, it was made pretty clear at the dealer show that the upper management of the company are not happy with how things have gone down at Polaris the past year with the quality control issues and recalls. I would expect a lot of resources to be dumped into the new products they release between now and model year 18 and I would not expect them to slow down. Something has me thinking that all of this is going to be a catalyst for some very interesting innovations coming from Polaris.

Lets not forget about Arctic Cat. They made that announcement at their dealer show last year about this new Robby Gordon involved Wildcat that we have all been waiting for to drop. Many have been speculating a SEMA launch this year so we will have to wait and see what happens there.

Reactions: jajl22

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Ya i hope Can-am doesn't pull a Yamaha and make you wait forever for the new machine to hit the dealers...i like the way Polaris rolls in that aspect of having the vehicles basically available the day the announcement is dropped. I wouldn't expect Polaris to be down long if they are out classed, they have shown that they are not afraid to bring the goods.

I hope your right and this will be the catalyst for some tighter quality controls, Polaris does bring the customers what they ask for and does a lot for our sport maybe a little egg in the face was the exact wake up call they needed...i would think one of the CampRZR events would be the perfect place to unveil the 2017 XPT assuming they have all the issues and recall sorted out by then.

The Robby Gordon Arctic Cat has become a bit of a unicorn for me...it will have to have some significant advancements to become a player...the trailing arm suspension and a bit of HP increase will not do it for me.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Like always no matter who ends up on top they probably won't be there for very long.

I love the competition and think it is a great time to be involved in the sport...bring on the innovations!!!

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
My guess is 150-160hp and still has a CVT set up. The question is turbo or something else and twin or triple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Look an awful lot like YXZ's to me.

Hopefully a better picture will get leaked in the next couple weeks

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
Would it be as easy as not calling it a SxS for the manufacture to put a motor in it that's larger then 1000cc? It seems that CA is really where that law is in effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Would it be as easy as not calling it a SxS for the manufacture to put a motor in it that's larger then 1000cc? It seems that CA is really where that law is in effect.
It's not California that has limits on engine cc size. Other states won't let it be classified as an atv if it is over a certain motor size.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
That water craft motor is crazy fast. I rode the lower Hp wakeboard one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000