Can am Maverick X3

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
all the CONFIDENTIAL red labels on every page. must have been run thru hillarys server. more confidential stuff got run thru and leaked outta there than anything ive ever seen. she prob thought it was A-ok to send it out she forgot what confidential info meant with that bump on her head and the amnesia

Reactions: Rynomx785

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I try not to laugh at the fire stuff with the RZR because 1. it sucks and is sad, 2. I drive an RZR, but that A-bomb cloud with the Galaxy caption poster really made me LOL!!!

If those are in fact the specs and they release the new XPT this weekend looks like they made steps in the right direction.

Reactions: sand shark

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Not to shabby at 168hp.

You see the pricing on the 2016 turbo? JoeyD hinted they would be going down. I saw $19,999 for the 2 seater and $22,499 for the four seat turbo.

Reactions: JoeyD23

Dudeonit

Chino's Finest - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Dec 10, 2010
Chino, CA
I would get the X3 but too long. Gonna wait to see how the 2017 RZR Turbo holds up and then buy next year.(@ least that's the plan) :)

Reactions: Simi Dude

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
When it comes to driver comfort and fit & finish. The RZR is like sitting in a golf cart in an upright position with little leg room, where sitting in a new Can Am X3 or Yamaha YXZ is like sitting in a buggy, lower center of gravity, sitting more in the machine with your legs more forward. Way more leg room. The only negitive I found by sitting in the X3 was when getting out, there is an exposed part of the seat frame that catches your hip when climbing out. Aftermarket seats would fix that problem.

I have not driven an X3, but from what I saw, and from those who have. It's leaps & bounds better then the RZR and it's probably going to take a complete new RZR to catch the new Can Am. Polaris seems hung up on the HP numbers. When going to their display, it's all about them having the most HP. HP is not going to beat pure handling. You cant duplicate wheelbase with wheel travel numbers or HP.

The guys at the Can Am display at the Sand Show said Can Am's business plan is to release a new recreational vehicle every 6 months through 2020. As he said we got the green light, and the X3 is just the start. You are going to be impressed with what's to come. I asked about a 4 seat X3 and was told don't be surprised if it's not coming soon. He said the X3 was just released and is hitting dealers this week, yet 40% of the questions they are fielding was when is the 4 seat coming out.

Spoke with a guy who does aftermarket parts for the Yamaha, and has a relationship with Yamaha. He expects some form of performance 4 seat from them this year. Was not sure if they would try to stretch the YXZ or build a spacific 4 seat machine. But as he said their is to much demand for them and they are asked all the time. He did think what ever it is, he would think the engine & drivetrain would be the same, but tuned & geared for the weight & load you would see with a 4 seater.

Arctic Cat was excited to show that the RG rear suspension was now standard vs a limited edition on the new 2017 Wildcat. When asked if this was the new machine we have been hearing is coming out? He said No, but would not say when or if it would come out. Just talked about the improvement the 2017 has over the past model.

Spoke to one of the guys with RG's program that I know. Once we got past the tragedy talk. One topic I asked was the Arctic Cat in RG's shop. I was told it is going to come out and it's not what we saw today. The rear suspension design would be on it, but the rest is also RG designed with Arctic Cat. A few issues had been engine choice as Arctic Cat had not nailed down what would get used in a production model when a Robby was designing a new machine. Also trying to take a custom part and design it to be built in a production process is another big hurdle. A production part will be stamped out and machine welded. You can see that in the rear trailing arms they are mass producing vs the arm RG built for the prototype, and the ones they are racing on. I asked if they delayed the release of the new Wildcat or whatever it will be called, once Arctic Cat knew what Cam Am was releasing? He said who knows, but he too agreed the new X3 is pretty bad ass.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
The X3 is impressive in person. Things that stood out for me were the how big the X3 is in person in the cab area. There is a ton of room. The seats all the way back and my short ass could not touch the pedals. LOL! My friend that was with me is 6'4" and he had plenty of leg room. The seats were not bad and did not rattle when you grab them. The seat slider set up is perfect. The components are much bigger. The X3 XRS looks like you can go smash across the desert without a care in the world.

The car itself is not really that much bigger than the XP. The wider cab in the X3 makes it look much bigger.
When you put a XP with 30" tires next to the Can Am X3 the size difference is not as dramatic.

The thing that makes the RZR look outdated is the interior layout and the interior itself. The digital display in the new Turbo XP is okay, but they should be using the display that has the GPS build into it or going to the General interior layout. The General is leaps and bounds better looking in the interior than the XP. Even the fit and finish on the General is much nicer.

Polaris needs to use the same seat slider design that Can Am is using. It is smooth and easy to adjust.

Polaris can introduce a 72" model on the current XP platform and be fine. It would be close enough in suspension numbers. But to be on the same level of the X3 they really need to concentrate on the cab and interior.

They all use the same plastic, just Can Am has figured out how to make it look nicer.

What was interesting at the show was how many people were still lining up to buy a new Polaris. Berts and the others always seemed to have someone at a table with a sales person signing papers.

Reactions: ROTAX

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
The X3 is impressive in person. Things that stood out for me were the how big the X3 is in person in the cab area. There is a ton of room. The seats all the way back and my short ass could not touch the pedals. LOL! My friend that was with me is 6'4" and he had plenty of leg room. The seats were not bad and did not rattle when you grab them. The seat slider set up is perfect. The components are much bigger. The X3 XRS looks like you can go smash across the desert without a care in the world.

The car itself is not really that much bigger than the XP. The wider cab in the X3 makes it look much bigger.
When you put a XP with 30" tires next to the Can Am X3 the size difference is not as dramatic.

The thing that makes the RZR look outdated is the interior layout and the interior itself. The digital display in the new Turbo XP is okay, but they should be using the display that has the GPS build into it or going to the General interior layout. The General is leaps and bounds better looking in the interior than the XP. Even the fit and finish on the General is much nicer.

Polaris needs to use the same seat slider design that Can Am is using. It is smooth and easy to adjust.

Polaris can introduce a 72" model on the current XP platform and be fine. It would be close enough in suspension numbers. But to be on the same level of the X3 they really need to concentrate on the cab and interior.

They all use the same plastic, just Can Am has figured out how to make it look nicer.

What was interesting at the show was how many people were still lining up to buy a new Polaris. Berts and the others always seemed to have someone at a table with a sales person signing papers.
Polaris won the price war, and you would be surprised how many people buy on price alone. Reality is, both machines, including the Wildcat kick ass for the average consumers so most are going to go with what is the better deal and warranty and right now Polaris is giving pretty good on both to show consumers in good faith that they are not taking the issues that have plagued them this year lightly.

The question I got this weekend the most was "what do you think Polaris has coming next?" and I will tell you in all honesty that I do not know, but if history tells us anything Polaris is not one to sit still. The second most asked question "so whats your deal with 4 Wheel Parts!?" hahaha Certainly the 3rd most asked, "what do you think of the X3?"... My opinion is its bad ass! While we have heard a few things that may be of concern down the line I think overall this machine is going to do very well in the market. I just hope Can-Am starts putting some of this "hey look at us" marketing dollars into their race programs and not just into Block and Baldwin. They need more guys running their stuff with support to go out there and prove what their worth is. You can't let the Murrays and Jones do it all.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Joey - It was nice seeing you at the show. The 4wheel parts deal is pretty damn cool.

I was told that we will be seeing a lot more X-3s in desert racing next season. Not sure how reliable the information was, but I would not doubt it. For those racers that do not have sponsorship and are looking to jump into the turbo class the X-3 XRS makes a whole lot of $$$$$ sense.

I will tell you the pricing on the 2016 turbos had a lot of people interested. I am sure people were getting for less than the even already low price. I bet the dealers sold most of them that were at the show.

People buying are more about price than anything else. They see the hp numbers and suspension numbers and go nuts. Then when they see they can get the other car that is close in numbers for a lot cheaper, bam they own the other car.

If Polaris prices the 2017 turbo with incentives to make it cheaper OTD than the X3 XDS, it would be very tough for a lot of people to not purchase it. 168hp is no joke and the Fox Shocks don't suck either.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Kinda shows how much money has been made on them. And it's not like Polaris is not making huge money off them even at 19k Lol. Price wars will be good. I think Arctic Cat needs to just be a price point car and sell cheap cause they will sell when they are priced right.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Reactions: jajl22

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
People are crazy...and that rings true when purchasing a sxs as well.

I wouldn't touch a 2016 XPT, don't matter the price.

But i must admit that the 2016 NA XP4 price has me thinking, i have always wanted the wheelbase of the 4.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
People are crazy...and that rings true when purchasing a sxs as well.

I wouldn't touch a 2016 XPT, don't matter the price.

But i must admit that the 2016 NA XP4 price has me thinking, i have always wanted the wheelbase of the 4.
The Polaris website is still showing the XP 4 1000 at $22,299?

BRONCOBOY

Sep 22, 2014
Temecula
A friend bought a 2 seat 2016 turbo at the show for 20 grand OTD. Great price and you can fix the issues for a few bucks and have a awesome machine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000