2001 F250 7 3 diesel bogs down

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Coming back from Jawbone, turning on the 395, hit a wind and rain storm and my truck just BOG DOWN on that small hill it just lost power going up at only 45 ;-(

Anyone know of a good Diesel Mechanic near Palm Desert CA, that can bring back my beast ;-)

Gracias
Frank
AKA Cisco Kid

ageekwithajeep

UTVUnderground La-Familia
Oct 13, 2010
Spokane Wa
take it to dana in riverside, have you checked fuel filter? I've never had mine bog down, wondering if your filter is clogged, do you ever run injector cleaner?

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
take it to dana in riverside, have you checked fuel filter? I've never had mine bog down, wondering if your filter is clogged, do you ever run injector cleaner?
We just put a new fuel filter and a new CPS Camshaft Position Sensor and Oil Change ;-(
and it was running awesome - then No Power ;-(

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Well you can check all of your Boost tubes to see if a hose Popped off and your losing boost, Have you ever done the under valve cover wiring harness. Could be a bad Harness.

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Well you can check all of your Boost tubes to see if a hose Popped off and your losing boost, Have you ever done the under valve cover wiring harness. Could be a bad Harness.
Love to have someone check all the stuff,
like fuel pump, turbo, air flow, boost, exhaust and all ;-)
+ under valve cover wiring harness

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
well my brother is a Diesel Genius but he lives over here in America I mean Arizona.

ageekwithajeep

Oct 13, 2010
Spokane Wa
take it to dana he is still the best I know in socal, If the under valve cover harness was bad the check engine light would be on.

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
might have possibly been the wind? that big ol wind sail would be hard to push up any hill with a big head wind
It's a 7.3 Turbo ;-)
and was pulling my small 22' Toy Hauler

Last edited:

ageekwithajeep

Oct 13, 2010
Spokane Wa
ive gone into big winds up big hills with no power loss, only reason i've ever slowed down in wind is couldn't keep it straight, there is a problem some where

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Does it seem to run fine but just low on power? Did you check all the boost tubes to and from the intercooler?

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Does it seem to run fine but just low on power? Did you check all the boost tubes to and from the intercooler?
Yes it runs fine but low power on take off and when I need more power it bog down
No I do not know how to check boost tubes ;-(

BTW
Thank You

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Its very easy. There are 2 tubes approximately 4 inches in diameter. One comes off of the turbo in the rear center of the motor and goes to the intercooler on passenger side by the radiator. The other comes off the intercooler on the drivers side and goes back to the intake. The just clamp on like a radiator hose would. It usually makes a noise when the blow off but is fairly common. Just check all 4 connections and make sure they are still firmly clamped on. No boost is no bueno.

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Its very easy. There are 2 tubes approximately 4 inches in diameter. One comes off of the turbo in the rear center of the motor and goes to the intercooler on passenger side by the radiator. The other comes off the intercooler on the drivers side and goes back to the intake. The just clamp on like a radiator hose would. It usually makes a noise when the blow off but is fairly common. Just check all 4 connections and make sure they are still firmly clamped on. No boost is no bueno.

Sorry when you ask me if it had a:
Do you have a boost gauge?

I told you no - well it does but I did not check it when this was happening - I was piss off ;-)

Truck is going to the shop tomorrow and hope to see what the problem, will let you all know ;-)

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
They think it's the tubes
Or Idle Validation Switch/APP Sensor
Or Camshaft Position Sensor
Or Accelerator Pedal Sensor
Or WTF do I know crap it need ;-(

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads