Electric UTV charging problem

mtrjer653

Jan 11, 2020
I'm trying to charge an electric UTV for the first time, it was sitting for over a year. According to the instructions on the internal charger; when the charging indicator light flashes green and red it means "battery is disconnected" this is a little vague. There is actually 24 Lithium Ion Phosphate batteries, which appear to be all connected. If one connection or battery is no good, does it cause this error indicator? I have no manuals for this UTV and the manufacturer went out of business about 2 years ago (Xtreme Green out of Las Vegas). Does anyone have an Idea where to look or what to check? The photo is one of two groups of batteries located under each seat.UTV Batteries.jpg

CCruise

Jan 20, 2020
Did you clean all the terminals?? Also, did it run when you got procession of it?

mtrjer653

Jan 11, 2020
Did you clean all the terminals?? Also, did it run when you got procession of it?
No, but I will go through and clean all the terminals. So I assume ii only takes one bad connection to trigger the "Battery Disconnected" error and keep the unit from charging.

No, it was not running when I acquired it.

CCruise

Jan 20, 2020
Where you able to figure it out? I picked mine up today and it’s doing the same thing. Also, were you able to find a repair/Shop manual on it?

CCruise

Jan 20, 2020
Mtrjer653, mine has the batter disconnected error as well but still ran and charged all the while beeping and the screen flashing. I assume that it is due to a single faulty batters, when under load you can see on of the banks on the screen flat line and go to zero. Assuming that's the bank with the faulty connection/bad battery. That's where I'm starting at least, let me know how you get by.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000