SABOBA GP Photos by LORENZstudio.com

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
SABOBA GP.... (scratch that) SABOBA Mud Fest pics are now up on our website. Feel free to copy the photo "links" and post them all over the web

MUD

Last edited:

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
Sick Pics!!
Thanks Joey. Nice website back at ya. Can you do us a favor and allow for a little bigger pic size before they're automatically resized. We've created them specificly for forum use and would love to see them post as they were intended rather than resized.

Lot's of UTV shots some quads and some bikes. What a huge UTV turn out, HAIL to GIANT land rush starts!!

I think the Walker Evans boys would've pulled the hole shot with a more aggressive tire. The Koyer built RZR Motor looks to be a keeper. The new red, Extreme built, Teryx was almost too pretty to get muddy... very impressive Fab work on the new car gentlemen.

The wife thinks vintage yellow and red MSR jerseys are HOT. Off to the thrift store to scope out the jersey rack.

[/QUOTE]

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
I wish I had a photo editing program. Here is a pic i took.
You're only $10,000 in photo equipment, lens', software, and macs' away... it took 3 days of full time labor to edit the photos for this race. I could only hope it were as simple as an editing program...I could send Suzy back to a real job with a real pay check.:D

We learned alot this race. We love vintage Minolta lens'. The color is amazing, and Minolta is in a differnt class than Cannon,Nikon, or the new Sony/Zeiss offerings. I've become a lens snob as of late picking up 20yr old vintage quality glass were ever I can find them. The difference in quality between a popular $300 lens and a obnoxiously expensive $1400 lens is phenominal!

Thanks for the ata-boys. It's easier to finish projects when the finished product is appreciated.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Keep posting your UTV race photos over here! If you want LORENZ you can create an album and they will randomly pop across the home page. Maybe you can pick a few out to add intot he albums where your water mark is at the bottom of the pic!!!?? Great work!!!

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Photo

You're only $10,000 in photo equipment, lens', software, and macs' away... it took 3 days of full time labor to edit the photos for this race. I could only hope it were as simple as an editing program...I could send Suzy back to a real job with a real pay check.:D

We learned alot this race. We love vintage Minolta lens'. The color is amazing, and Minolta is in a differnt class than Cannon,Nikon, or the new Sony/Zeiss offerings. I've become a lens snob as of late picking up 20yr old vintage quality glass were ever I can find them. The difference in quality between a popular $300 lens and a obnoxiously expensive $1400 lens is phenominal!

Thanks for the ata-boys. It's easier to finish projects when the finished product is appreciated.

Do the old school lenses work on the digital camera's? I have a bunch of old school 35mm lenses. Does the auto focus still work with the old lenses?

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
Do the old school lenses work on the digital camera's? I have a bunch of old school 35mm lenses. Does the auto focus still work with the old lenses?
If they're Minolta lens' I'd like to buy them off of you if they're the right ones... Email me with the #'s off the front of the lens. [email protected]

Yes, the Old Minolta A mount film lens' work on the new Sony Alpha digital bodies. There's a trade off though. The old lens' don't have the same anti reflective coatings the new Sony/Zeiss stuff has. The new digital sensors on the bodies reflect alot more light back into the lens and sometimes throws a weird vinget onto the finished product. You don't get that with the new Digital lens offerings and the new coatings. The draw back.... The new stuff is built around a different theory. Sharp and contrasty is the goal. In the "old days" of MINOLTA, color and creamy flow was the goal. 2 different ways at creating, testing and manufacturing a lens are used. Most marketing photography today leans twords sharp images and higher contrast, to make it pop in a color magazine. I fell in love with the vintage way Minolta did things.

The color on this jersey shows the Minolta creamy color that I prefer. White balance is a little off, but the way the colors blend are pretty apperant. Look at the blue in the tree shot... This is a Minolta fisheye lens, circa 1985, with out color enhancement.

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
Keep posting your UTV race photos over here! If you want LORENZ you can create an album and they will randomly pop across the home page. Maybe you can pick a few out to add intot he albums where your water mark is at the bottom of the pic!!!?? Great work!!!
Let's make a deal. Change the settings on the forum so my shots aren't down sized and I'll get you a rotating header... Shoot me your email address.

When the shots are resized it pulls detail out of the pic and pixilates it at the same time. We've put some effort into creating a forum freindly size. I'll even keep them on OUR servers and link them to the UTVunderground. It'll help keep the bandwidth off your site.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000