Enclosed Trailer Buildup

AlternativeOffroad

Alternative Off Road - Official UTVUnderground Spo
Hey guys, well I got a Carson Trojan 16x8 Enclosed Trailer a few weeks ago for a really really good price and I decided to turn it in to a toyhauler. I've already made some lower and upper cabinets, going to add face frames and do some bathroom framing this weekend. It will eventually have a small bathroom, a kitchenette with a stove, micro, sink, and cabinets. 2 fold down couches/bed and a drop down bed on top ( It has 7 foot ceilings and my buggy is only 6)..
AC/Heat/City Water and RV Power hookups.. Nice laminate flooring and i'm going to paint the walls.
It'll be a fun project, stay tuned!

Pics to come!

AlternativeOffroad

Looking really good. I picked up a short ride trailer today. An Aluma 8112. Aluma LTD - 8112 Utility Trailer
It has the 14" spare tire, led lights, alum fenders and the tie downs.
Still looking for the right deal on an enclosed though. Yours is looking great. Keep up the pics. :)
Thats a sweet looking trailer man!

Nice start. Keep the pictures coming
Where are you in West Hills? I'm in Woodland Hills right by you

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Very nice , I'm heading in the same direction. you have some good ideas. What type of lighting will you be installing in the roof / celing ?

NEVERENOUGH

Oct 25, 2009
Really cool build I have often thought about building my next one out of a goose neck trailer. I will be following this one closely.

FBT

I think you are on the right track.
With the absurd overpriced junk they are trying to sell on the RV lots these days I'd really have to think about building my own too if we wanted something else.
Some of these things out there are truly lipstick on a pig, I know of guys who have dropped 50k plus on a trailer they have had nothng but trouble with, frames cracking, interior fallng apart, you name it. It is a wonder more of them haven't gone out of business.

AlternativeOffroad

Got some work done today! Put up luan paneling for the bathroom walls, put the door jamb/door in, got a sink and put it in, put up trim, ran all my kitchen electrical and installed a window in the side door. Took off the side paneling so we can get the big window in next!!

AlternativeOffroad

I know what you mean, I swear some of the stuff I've seen and heard of is basically popsicle sticks and bubble gum. So I figured for about $7-8,000 I will have a quality built, just the way I want it toyhauler, and I'll be saving about $5-6,000 than buying a new one.

As far as lighting goes, I'm not too sure what I'm going to put up top but there will be 2 reading lights on each side right over the eve of the windows for night lighting and such. It's already prewired with 2 lights so I just need to pick a light fixture that I like and bolt it up

FBT

Ya know for such a clean and purpose built rig, think I'd research a couple of good battery-powered self contained LED type lights.
Then, get creative with some magnets. Put a couple of thin strips of steel under your cabinets over the sink and a magnet on the back of the fixture, bingo, lights and no wires.
A couple of other strips of steel over the bed area, or wherever you might want light, and just take the fixture with you when you go to bed, heck, even take it outside if you need to. If you wind up with 4 places for lights buy 2 fixtures, even with two of you in the trailer you can't be in more than two places at once.
Simplifies the wiring, gives you good light, and the ability to take it where you need it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000