Ever been stuck???? Emergency Numbers List?

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Ever have trouble and wonder just how much it'll cost to get yourself out of this mess??

Got this idea from another forum I belong to, SCUFF started by MetalTwister. Not sure if it would work here or not but I'll throw it out there. If it goes good, maybe Joey can get it "pinned" or put somewhere special.

Basically, if you have equipment and are willing to help a fellow member out, you post up your name, what you have, where you're willing to help or how far you would travel, (i.e. San Diego County, Imperial County, Riverside County, etc) hours that it's ok to call and phone numbers, etc,etc.

We then have a list of friends to call if you find yourself in a jam or stuck out in the dez who would be willing to come and help free of charge.

Thoughts?????

brevndeb

Your Mom
May 5, 2010
Beaumont CA-B-Town
OK I'll start If your stuck or broke down and need help I will go from Beaumont to the Mecca and Bradshaw trail area and Bee Canyon Trail Fri-sun morning. 951-840-0376. UTV UNDERGROUND Members only...................

Phone #-951-840-0376
Available- Fri-Sun Morning.
Willing to help anywhere from Beaumont East to Bradshaw trail area and Bee Canyon trail.
Equipment- Tow,Welder,Tools and directions.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
You might want to format entry number like this:

JimandMelissa

Real name - Jim
Phone - (619) nine-one-seven - 9043
Available - Anytime. If it's late try calling twice to wake me up.
Willing to help anywhere in San Diego County. We're out in the Dez most weekends during the season so give a try if you're there and need help on a weekend.
Tow vehicle, misc extraction equipment and tools

We would also need some sort of disclaimer and maybe a minimum post requirement.

Volunteers might need to have their name added by sending a PM to a moderator so they can be verified and the list maintained properly.

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
Count me in! We used to do this with our Jeep club and I remember going out many times in the middle of the night going to get some poor sucker who just bought a new 4x4.

Are we limiting this to just SXS issues or haulers etc?

This is one reason I carry a Spot tracker with me all the time so I have that sense of security that I can send for help if i really need it.

I'll add my info as we get more interest.

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
I am in too ;-)

Info will go in as soon as the formal list gets going ;-)

Love it ;-)

FBT

Me too, I will post up my info for anyone traveling in northeastern Ca.
I was also thinking...should we add repair shops that we have had personal experience with, that won't shaft someone just because they are travelers, and from out of town?

I am a member of the National Street Rod association, and they publish a little book they call the "Fellow Pages", which is a list of members all over the country who sign up to help a fellow rodder stranded on the road away from home. if we put this list we are creating on a seperate page, where we can print a copy of it and keep it in the glovebox when on the road it would be of tremendous value and I, for one, would really feel alot better about doing a 12 plus hour tow down south if I knew there were gonna be folks I could count on, even if it was just for honest advice about a shop to use or stay away from..
Call it the "UTV UNDERGROUND MEMBER HELPLINE"

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon
Like the idea may have to do something like this up in Oregon...

just to start a tow rig up here is starts at $150 to $400 depending on which company , then as soon as they start letting air out to head to the dunes it's 150 per/hr...and in quick sand it takes a while...or down in one of the tree shots....:(...Barbara

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Count me in! We used to do this with our Jeep club and I remember going out many times in the middle of the night going to get some poor sucker who just bought a new 4x4.

Are we limiting this to just SXS issues or haulers etc?

This is one reason I carry a Spot tracker with me all the time so I have that sense of security that I can send for help if i really need it.

I'll add my info as we get more interest.
I would think we should help with anything we can. Haulers included. When you sign up as a volunteer you put what you're willing to do.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I like the idea. How do we make it work? Maybe there needs to be a sub-forum for "LaFamilia AAA" and break it up by region. Make it a private forum for members only.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
I like the idea. How do we make it work? Maybe there needs to be a sub-forum for "LaFamilia AAA" and break it up by region. Make it a private forum for members only.
I agree it should be restricted to members. The list needs to be maintained and in a form that can easily printed out as FBT suggested.

It might be good to have a thread with only the list and no other posts. If you want to volunteer, you would send a PM with your info to whomever is manging the list.

FBT

It certainly needs to be viewable only by members who have been found to be "worthy" of having access to a great deal of personal information that we don't want outt there for every bonehead on the interwebz to be able to see.
I don't know what criteria you folks want to use, I know other forums have closed sections for members only, and new folks are given access when they are 'nomintated" by an existing member, then the rest are given a chance to comment, any "nays" and the individual is not allowed in, the area is not visible on their browser, so no hurt feelings.
Then, the best way to avoid hurt feelings is to demand everyone agree to not share the existence of the place with anyone outside until they are offered a chance to come in, under the same rules.
I know this works, I belong to at least one other forum that has such a place, and it cruises along just fine.
I know we can do this.
I really see the value in it.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
It would suck to give a thief information that you'll be gone all day and you have a garage full of good stuff;)

We might think of some "Key" folks who have the list and can be contacted and can contact those on the list to bring help! It would be a volunteer search and recovery team! It would require communications between members and some practice so you don't end up having to recover the recovery team;) Yes it would have to be regional and I don't think it would have to be a private section, just a couple contact people in each region would be in charge of a regional team;)

I would also think running each team by committee might not be so great as each person has their own way of doing things! So you would need experienced team leaders who can handle the set of circumstances based on where and conditions......
keep it going guys ,I didn't think about people setting you up to take your things or harm you.
Not sure I'd be too worried about thieves. They'd have to know your addy and then also know you'd be gone. We post up rides here all the time sayin when we'll be gone and for how long and it hasn't ever been a problem. In the case of helping someone out, it wouldn't get posted, just handled by phone. You'd also only be helping mebers with some minimum number of posts so i think you would kind of know them already.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Not sure I'd be too worried about thieves. They'd have to know your addy and then also know you'd be gone. We post up rides here all the time sayin when we'll be gone and for how long and it hasn't ever been a problem. In the case of helping someone out, it wouldn't get posted, just handled by phone. You'd also only be helping mebers with some minimum number of posts so i think you would kind of know them already.
I for got about it's just members ,remember I live in L.A. and there scams going on all the time . I like the Idea of having the spot thing if thats what its called.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000