Recent content by AlaskanDad

1. A

Picking first UTV?

Update: Wife initially decided on a Wildcat. She loves the seats, and the price is right. However, after learning the Yamaha YXZ seats fits directly into a Wolverine, we decided to stop back at the local Yamaha dealer and test the seats out in a YXZ. . .She didn't like them. I then asked her...
  2. A

Picking first UTV?

Sharp looking machines. Edit: Would have to drive 3 hours to view one of the Kawasaki's in person. The local dealer is a nice guy, but he has not had a UTV on his lot in over a year. I think he only orders them with cash down.
  3. A

Picking first UTV?

Would love a four-seat machine, but the only one remotely in our price range is the Honda 700-4, and while it is a nice looking machine, my wife needs something with nicer seats and a smoother ride. Trying to keep this under $13k, and while waiting another summer would have some extra cash. We...
  4. A

Picking first UTV?

Sadly they are not street legal in Alaska, although some smaller villages allow ATV's to be used around town. My neighbor is from one that allows this and is primarily a Honda village. However, I have seen some putter along side the road at 25mph going between trails. We're looking at the...
  5. A

Picking first UTV?

We're going to check out Kawasaki tomorrow, or maybe later today if we can find someone to watch the kiddos. Nice thing about the Yamaha, I can drive it home since it is 6 miles down the road and a full size trail runs all the way 80 miles south along side the main highway. The other shops...
  6. A

Picking first UTV?

Brother-in-law had a 2009 Polaris RZR 800 decked out. He loved this thing, and was a real treat to ride in, but after a few hundred miles the belt slip and then after another chuck of miles it busted something internally and would not turn over any more. He eventually fixed all this and sold it...
  7. A

From Alaska.

We live on the Kenai Peninsula. Would like to live in Wasilla, but wife was born raised in this area and she is fairly rooted.
  8. A

From Alaska.

Hello from Alaska! Both my wife and myself figured the time has come to purchase a UTV. Looking forward to interacting with the community and building a solid foundation. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000