Recent content by Todd Ockert

1. Todd Ockert

Sharetrails/BRC 30th Anniversary Event

Join us for our celebration of 30 years of success in OHV advocacy while enjoying the public lands of the BLM Needles District, along the shores of the Colorado River, at Pirate Cove Resort & Marina. https://sharetrails.org/30years/ Lots of swag to give away. Auction to support Sharetrails...
  2. Todd Ockert

Trail Re-Opening Proposal - Help Needed!!

Cory You can use the email address: [email protected]. Ric in our office monitors this and can ask you specifics about this. He is our expert, and if he does not know, he will reach out to Don Amador, who is our Western Representative.
  3. Todd Ockert

Trail Re-Opening Proposal - Help Needed!!

I will send this info to the BRC office and have them look into this, and see how they can help.
  4. Todd Ockert

Fight Tooth and Nail

At BRC we do work with everyone. If you think trails are forever closed once they are closed, has been proven wrong. We have worked with a group in Idaho to reopen an area that had single track on it. In Montana, trail 38 was reopened after the Forest Service closed it without following their...
  5. Todd Ockert

Fight Tooth and Nail

ItsYourLegacy I am working on trying to gather some of the info that you asked. Trying to figure out and list what we have lost is a very daunting task. You have been around longer than me in this fight to keep lands open, and you might have a better list than me, and how much we have lost...
  6. Todd Ockert

NEVADA - BLM Extends Comment Period for The NV & CA Greater Sage Grouse Bi-State Distinct Population

http://www.sharetrails.org/alerts/2015/12/18/nevada-blm-extends-comment-period-nv-ca-greater-sage-grouse-bi-state-distinct-popu Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber, The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has extended the comment period 30 days on potential changes to the Proposed Plan as set forth...
  7. Todd Ockert

Fight Tooth and Nail

I can't fix the past errors of the land use group leaders. I can and will work to ensure those errors don't happen in the current and future discussions. ItsYourLegacy, you speak like I know who the gray haired folks are who locked out those that were not like minded as yourself! I don't know...
  8. Todd Ockert

Fight Tooth and Nail

ItsYourLegacy I have seen the mentality that you mention previously. I own a Jeep and years ago, people did not want to share the trails, period. Where I recreate, that mentality has changed. Why? I think because so many people now own a SxS or ATV and understand both sides of the argument. As...
  9. Todd Ockert

COMMENTS NEEDED ON WEST MOJAVE ROUTE NETWORK PROJECT BY JUNE 4, 2014

NATIONAL CALL TO ACTION COMMENTS NEEDED ON WEST MOJAVE ROUTE NETWORK PROJECT BY JUNE 4, 2014 Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber, As many of you know, the BLM's comment period for the West Mojave (WEMO) Route Network Project (WMRNP) and Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS)...
  10. Todd Ockert

OUTNUMBERED 500 to 1

I borrowed this from a friend on Pirate4x4. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/2038306-outnumbered-500-1-a.html We are losing our access to public lands at an alarming rate. Why is this happening? Because our pro-access organizations are WAY under funded and their...
  11. Todd Ockert

Who is working to protect your Access Rights?

I am wondering who is working to protect access to public lands for the SxS users? I can tell you that BRC is! We have Don Amador who is actively engaged in the Ca/Nv desert washes issues and been to numerous meetings. John Stewart from Cal4, and on the BOD for BRC has been to numerous...
  12. Todd Ockert

SxS, 4x4 and Land Use?

I am trying to answer these posts as best as I can. I was not involved in the decision process that reduced the trails in Michigan. Having grown up in Traverse City, I remember thousands of miles of trails for everyone. Now that I lead a national organization, I am not able to answer where...
  13. Todd Ockert

SxS, 4x4 and Land Use?

I am not sure that we totally forget the past, but leave it as a reminder of what has happened in the past and move on to new, greener pastures. How do we change that mentality? We all have to be involved in larger numbers than those that want to exclude us, even if they want to recreate on...
  14. Todd Ockert

SxS, 4x4 and Land Use?

I don't have the history that many have of the here or in other groups of the bad blood. We need to move past that, and move into the future with goals for us all to achieve and work together to achieve those. Del already mentioned that the SXS group here is under represented, and we at BRC...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000