XP1K or T Rex 2

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
My T4 gets around Glamis. Not the fastest. I have yet to have a good set of paddles on it. I only go to Glamis once or twice a year so the sand performance was not critical. I like desert and rock crawling. My T4 kicks ass in these condition. I am in the process of installing a 6" over long travel kit with Walker Evans adjustable shocks. This should really help the ride in the rough stuff and add some ground clearance for crawling. My lady in white. She loves the rocks. My Method wheels not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you get your suspension on it will be a completely different machine. You will be seeking more power/speed for the open desert. It will make rockcrawling more fun too!

What type of wheel travel are you expecting?

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
JimandMelissa, did this thread help sway your decision or confirm your opinion about what SxS would work best for you?

Inquiring minds want to know why you started the thread out by taking out the cost component?

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
JimandMelissa, did this thread help sway your decision or confirm your opinion about what SxS would work best for you?

Inquiring minds want to know why you started the thread out by taking out the cost component?
Still haven't decided yet.

As for taking out the cost component, My experience tells me folks tend to justify their decisions for many reasons but cost is a big one whether or not they admit it. I.e. TeryX is an awesome machine because x,y,z when the fact is, they might not have been able to afford an XP. I just wanted to eliminate that factor as both are awesome machines. :cool:

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
If cost is not a factor I would hands down go with xp 1000. But for me price like you said is one of biggest deciding factor for me as most people. Its a tougher decision then BC of that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
If price is not a concern, I think you kinda already know the answer.

Only one comes with good suspension, tons of power for speed and slow rock crawling, and can get the heart pumping across the desert, whoops and sand.

The XP1000.

To throw a wrinkle in the mix have you thought about the Wildcat or Wildcat X? Not as fast as the XP1000, but it does really well in the rocks (locking front diff) and open desert. It too has great Suspension and it scoots at 65+ MPH no problem.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
If price is not a concern, I think you kinda already know the answer.

Only one comes with good suspension, tons of power for speed and slow rock crawling, and can get the heart pumping across the desert, whoops and sand.

The XP1000.

To throw a wrinkle in the mix have you thought about the Wildcat or Wildcat X? Not as fast as the XP1000, but it does really well in the rocks (locking front diff) and open desert. It too has great Suspension and it scoots at 65+ MPH no problem.
Not of big fan of the Wildcat. Couple friends have them and seems like nothing but headaches. When they run, they're good but I need dependability.

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
Sand Shark (Noel) has been wanting to get out to OW and check it out. Maybe we can pay you and M a visit ( camp at the end of the street ) and maybe go for a test ride in his XP1K.
What do you say Noel ?

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I'm in just let me know when.

Jim - the Wildcat X has been very reliable. They went to a team clutch set up. Same clutch that Polaris uses.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
I'm in just let me know when.

Jim - the Wildcat X has been very reliable. They went to a team clutch set up. Same clutch that Polaris uses.
We're there almost every weekend so just give me a little heads up when you want to come out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000