100 Mile Honda Pioneer test ride

Gunnslinger

Jan 24, 2014
So I got the call about 3 weeks ago to make sure my bags were packed because I had an opportunity of a lifetime.

For those of you that don't know me, I get a lot of opportunities that come across my desk and get to work with some of the best people in the industry on many different levels. I have known Joey for quite a few years now (when I first started a little known non-profit org called FAST-aid) and he was instantly someone I connected with and knew he had the same passion I had when it comes to stepping outside of the box and putting yourself out there to try new things.

In the process of starting a couple different companies from absolutely nothing, I quickly had to find ways to make that company $, not because I needed to pay the bills at home (I have a "normal job") but because I wanted to grow that company beyond everybody's expectations. I knew that if I wanted it, I'd have to work for it and nobody else was going to do it for me.

Fast forward 6 or so years and here we are..

The text I got was; "I want to send you to the Grand Canyon for 3 days"

I instantly thought "my wife is going to kill me because she has been asking me for 8 years to take her to visit the Grand Canyon"

So I replied with "I'm 100% in!"

Something that is great about what I get to do is I get to be 100% myself and do want I do ... And that is what people want from me. I'm very blessed to have the friends that surround me. I have been wanting to go on a ride like this for quite some time but never really had the balls to bring it up because I know how hard Joey and crew have worked to get their business to where it is today. It's an absolute honor to do this ride and I'm really looking forward to more things like this in the future.

The Basics:

- 3 days through Nevada/Arizona

- 100 miles through the beautiful landscape of the Grand Canyon

- Putting a Factory Honda Pioneer to the test

- boat load of fun and an experience of a lifetime.

Weather is supposed to be somewhere in the 20-40 range so this So Cal boy will be in for quite a shocker, but I've packed all of my long johns so I should be good to go!!

I'll keep you guys updated throughout the trip next week (25th-27th). Feel free to ask as many questions as you would like, I'll keep close tabs on this forum and try to answer all of them the best I can. I don't have near the seat time in a UTV as some do but I'd say I have more than the average UTV owner (mostly Kawisaki). It looks like the Pioneer will be a good comparison to the Teryx, so this die hard Honda guy (me) is in for a treat

(Dropping my bags off at Honda HQ)

I'll also be posting updates on my FB and IG @thegunnslinger

Gunnslinger

Jan 24, 2014
So pumped for tomorrow!! Can't stop thinking about some of the terrain we will be in and among.

My gear was driven out my Honda themselves because we are taking a private plane directly into the Bar 10 ranch, so all I have to bring is my camera/laptop gear and show up at the airport in the morning! Can't wait!!

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Awesome man! I'd love to do this ride one day!

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Sweet! Drive that Pioneer like ya stole it! Post up pics and vid if u can! That's a trip of a lifetime for sure

Gunnslinger

Jan 24, 2014
Final prep on my gear and decided to take my new ReplayXD Mini's along for the trip!

Jumping on a plane here in about an hour! Giggity giggity!!

Gunnslinger

Jan 24, 2014
are you going to be posting up in this thread or starting a new one?

Ill continue with this thread.

Just landed in Vegas and meeting the charter flight at Noon. Ganna play a little one arm bandit (it's Vegas, it's a must) and wait for the rest of the crew to show up.

Gunnslinger

Jan 24, 2014
Headed out in about a half hour for our first ride. We got a plenty of time to check out these Pioneers and talk to the guys who actually played a part in the design and build of the 2 and 4 person Pioneer,

It's actually a pretty impressive machine, lots to be desired .. Can't wait to put these things through their paces

Last nights home grown free range grass fed beef -- dinner was off the hook!

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
Headed out in about a half hour for our first ride. We got a plenty of time to check out these Pioneers and talk to the guys who actually played a part in the design and build of the 2 and 4 person Pioneer,

It's actually a pretty impressive machine, lots to be desired .. Can't wait to put these things through their paces

Last nights home grown free range grass fed beef -- dinner was off the hook!
^^^^^
Awesome free range grass fed beef. Organic beef is so good. Have fun on your ride.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000