All UTV's Sneak peak at the new SR1 arse kicking machines for 2013

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Dual core, dual pass, $600 hit to my wallet is on order. After going over the options including using Wellers SR1 Radiator, we decided the best option was to go with a custom unit that fits like a glove.

I'm going to have to redo the tin and tunnel cooling in the car because the zx10 motor wouldn't quite fit into the existing tin work. So, if I'm incurring a bill for the tin, I may as well drop an extra $300 on a custom radiator to fit the new tin around and do it right.

Here comes the snow ball...
That's money well spent. Cooling the bike engines is very important. We cover up these engines with aluminum, seats, and heat shields when in bike form they get tons of air over them.

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Doing work.

If you want unique, you need to get your car in line over at HRT. These boys are pulling off some amazing arms for the ZX-10 Teryx build.

The original plated HRT 5" over arms are now on Momma's car. We sacrificed the Race Car's arms for Suzy's car over the New Years weekend. Instead of swapping them back to the race car after the weekend in Glamis, I sent Todd on a mission to build some trick, lighter radiused custom arms for the race car.

Mission partially accomplished.

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
SR1 header progress and preliminary hand controls. The gas and brake pedals are removed from the car.

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
Gauge mounted on the steering column, and wire loom extended.

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
The impromptu photo shoot last night fell together nicely.

I can't tell you how stoked I am on the plans we have for our team. I am soooooooo honored to be at the ground floor of the project making it a come together week by week.

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
It breathes fire today.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfVVQB9Wk0s"]Zx10 sr1 Teryx. - YouTube[/ame]

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
I'm not sure how we landed a couple of beautiful tech stickers, but we did. I saw a couple of familiar faces along the way. It's good to be back a LOORRS. Pro Photog to Racer Hack after a 2 year hiatus.

First race for the MinuteMen Racing in the AM.

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
My mid back and ribs are feeling it right now. That was not pretty. I Took 5th none-the-less! We're awaiting Jared's results. I'll take these results with a little pride, as it was Jared and my first race ever. It was the first time these cars had laid eyes on a race track as well. Fresh meat all around per say.

I was able to grab the Legend, Randy Anderson of Walker Evans Racing, Father of the Champ RJ Anderson, to spot for me....

It was classic:

"Go, Go, Go, Ride the Cushion... watch the inside... throttle out harder and bit smoother, don't mash the pedal... that was good, do the same thing again in this corner"

I'll be dreaming about the race tonight, no doubt. I was somebody for 15 minutes, with the best of the best crew chiefs in Off Road in my ear.

Here comes the excuses:

1) Shock setup needs major help from Walker Evans. I pancaked the faces of the rollers, and the plowed the face of the next roller ridiculously hard. This is how I wrecked my back. It happened every time no matter the line or speed I took. I'm calling the Chiropractor ASAP.

This car was valved to carry much less speed than it does now. This stock ZX10 is obnoxious fast with 190hp compared to the Teryx Motor 70-80hp. The power to weight ratio as it sits, rivals that of a Pro-Lite V8 Truck.

2) Chain alignment needs some love. That means the motor needs to come out and new machined spacers need to go in. If I didn't tighten the snot out of the chain it would bind and skip teeth when I laid into the throttle. The sprocket alignment is off about a 1/8", and its crossing up the chain not allowing it to roll over the sprockets freely.

3) An aluminum foot rest needed to go in as a dead peddle so I don't get my left foot stuck under the brake pedal

4) More "Go, Go, Go"

A special thanks to Mike Cohen and RacerX for the help in the radio department. Their Vertex Radios with the LCD display saved the day and allowed me to take in a proper schooling, corner to corner, from Randy.

What an AMAZING way to kick off MinuteMenRacing.com. Lucas Oil, you guys put on one heck of a show for us. Thanks for giving us a venue that our Wounded Warriors are proud to be a part of.

Last edited:

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
And what is that Fishback guy drinking? Him and the other Weller cars are stupid fast.

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
Graphics will be in the works before the next Race. Do you have a guy you like to use here locally. Designs and ideas are floating around in the truck as we speak right now on the way home back to the Ranch in Ramona. We'd be honored to have you and UTVunderground Team up again like its 2009.

I have to admit, I'm slightly more stoked behind the wheel of a silly expensive SR1 right now, compared to being on a LOORRS Track behind a silly expensive camera lens shooting for the Underground.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Andrew at proLinewraps.com is our guy for graphics. He is in LA but takes care of all our rigs and UTVs. He takes care of the UTVUG racers.

I miss your and Suzy's work. I bet only a few here know you were the first photographer on UTVUG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000