LORENZstudioDesign's KAWASAKI T4 build starts today.

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
We got our new T4 the day after Christmas. I took delivery of it at Fun Bike Center in San Diego. They have a good team over there that I would recommend, I tend to dislike big dealers, but FBC was a bit different.

We promptly loaded the freshly minted piece into the trailer and headed to Glamis for an easy easy break in. I'm pretty anal about treating my toys right out of the gate and the using the heck out out of them for the duration of their lives. Some things are better left for the race car on the track, but this T4 will do its fair share of chores around the ranch and safely totting the family around the dune and through the Rubicon.

I put a whopping 1.8 hours on her at <20mph. The dunes look surprisingly different and intimidating at that speed. Traveling half throttle all day was a first for me. I really enjoyed it, and need to slow down a little more often.

We were able to crawl up olds at less than 15mph aired down, fully loaded with the family, locked out front and rear while only using half throttle. I was kind of surprised at the way she crawled out. Another first...

I was a bit surprised at how much more room the T4 had than the our 1973 Baja Bug. The video shows the perspective.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j324n5S24zQ]Sammy in LORENZstudioDesign Baja Bug - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl4oCeAvSdM]Sammy's sees her first dune - YouTube[/ame]

I'll be stripping the minimalist KAWASAKI Graphics off down to the sweet looking green flake paint and adding our own design that will look similar to the race car and team colors. Reflective blue and red make photos pop. It should be interesting over the green flake base.

Last edited:

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
Brand new with 1.8 hours on her and she's already on blocks. I'm kind of sad that she's loosing the good looking green arms.

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
good looking ride for the family.

Get that LT valving figured out so i dont have to.
Fair trade.

You did the dirty work on the RZR 800's and are hammering out the Maverick for fun. I'll get the T4 valving handled.

I think I still have 2 sets of new long travel SAW shock in the warehouse that are valved for an 8" over RZR 800.

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
What's gonna be on the build list?

GBC is doing the tires. I have some Dirt Commanders in 12" left from last race season. They're in good shape minus the hole in one of them. Gary Thompson left me with a souvinere after he landed on me going over the ski jump together. I love the big tall lugs on the Dirt Commanders.

30" tall Mongrels are the popular go-to on the T4 from what I've seen. I think Rusty runs them on his T4. I'll test the Dirt Commanders and the 30" Mongrels for giggles.

Here's a look at how slick the 30" Mongrels look on a T4.

Attachments

Last edited:

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
HiPer's are what I'll be using for wheels.

Dave over at Fullerton Sand Sport developed new thicker race centers for the Carbon Fiber Wheel. We had a small hand in designing the logo for him. We discussed making some Limited Edition LORENZstudioDesign HiPers for our cars. I have to get my butt in gear with that project.

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
Re: Massage in Dubai

Massage in Dubai

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="880"><colgroup><col width="880"></colgroup><tbody><tr height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="height:15.0pt;width:660pt" height="20" width="880">Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post! It is the little changes that make the most important changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!</td> </tr></tbody></table>
Welcome aboard from America.

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
Suzy's birthday was last month, I threw her a surprise party, and flew her into the Ranch via the Monster Heli. I'd like to say the T4 took the show.... But the R44 stole its thunder that day.

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
SuperATV Steering Wheel went in.

http://www.superatv.com/UTV-Steering-Wheel-SW120-P909C401.aspx

It was pretty straight forward with a small amounts of stock plastic to remove. I used a rotozip with a bit that had a bearing attached to it. It made the job pretty dummy proof, meaning I couldnt take off too much even if the roto zip got away from me. The Billet Aluminum mount is a work of art and brought the wheel closer to the driver by about 1.5".

I like the new feel and instant center I get when the steer tires come back to center at speed, it's like my Race Car in that way. I think all of my vehicles will have non-round wheels from here on out because I like that intuitive centered feel it gives. Its a solid unit as well, I didnt realize how much the OEM Kawi wheel flexed until I had this SuperATV unit mounted up.

http://www.superatv.com/UTV-Steering-Wheel-SW120-P909C401.aspx

[ame]http://youtu.be/G9F8vhSJaSc[/ame]

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
I was able to trade my 2014 almost new Factory Green Kawi arms and Fox Shox to a forum member for his Long Travel Kit and some cash. The transaction went smoother than expected. I've since run the car at KOH to snap a few images for LORENZstudio with some of the boy at UTV Underground, and ive taken her to Glamis with the TeryxForum Goons over Presidents Day. Im happy with the results, but think the car could run the whoops better with some tweeking and elbow greese. Im impressed non-the-less. This car is one of my favorite vehicle to drive. (This from a guy with too many toys)

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
Here's a couple images I created from our King Of The Hammers (KOH) trip last month.

UTV underground boys taking in the scenery:

THE LOVELL BROTHERS RUN A KAWASAKI T4 AS PART OF THIER RACE SUPPORT FOR KOH AND FOR THIER PRO-LITE TORC RACING PROGRAMS

The obligatory King of the Hammers carnage shot:

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
Easter with Family and Friends at "Glamis North Hot Springs" on the Eastern Shore of the Salt and Sea.

I broke 300 miles in the T4 this trip. New HiPer Wheels with Fullerton Sand Sport Billet Center ready to be mounted after this trip. The OEM wheels are by-by ready for craigslist, along with the Maxxis Big Horns. 28" GBC Mongrels should have a less flexy side wall and should hook better with less body roll. Full report in the new shoes after I get some time in them.

SuperATV Winch and 4 point seat belt install by Benchmark Performance is happening this week.

Sammy put her feet up and checked out half way through the ride. It was pretty cute from a Daddy perpective.

[ame]http://youtu.be/dqzepOUIxmI[/ame]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000