Senator Dianne Feinstein Thinks Johnson Valley Used Little by Recreating Public

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Take Action Now!

DIANNE FEINSTEIN STAFF INDICATES JOHNSON VALLEY IS INFREQUENTLY USED BY RECREATING PUBLIC

The Partnership for Johnson Valley urges users of Johnson Valley to email Senator Feinstein’s office with a personal message to keep the 189,000-acre multiple-use area as public land.

Glendale, CA - The Partnership for Johnson Valley (PFJV) has recently become aware that United States Senator, Dianne Feinstein has been briefed that Johnson Valley sees little use from the public. The information, while ill-advised, supports the highly controversial marine base acquisition of the popular Johnson Valley.

Unfortunately, the information given to Senator Feinstein’s office is unfounded and lacks specific stakeholder-use data that has already been disclosed to multiple public agencies including The San Bernardino County Supervisor Brad Mitzelfeld, the US Marine Corps and adjoining townships to
Johnson Valley.

The PFJV leadership team have traveled throughout California over the last twelve months advising agencies as well as stakeholder groups regarding the possible closure of the Johnson Valley desert land. The Partnership has documented there are over 750,000 annual usage days of Johnson Valley from diverse groups ranging from the film Industry, scouting organizations, equestrians, flying clubs and off highway organized sports groups.

Closure of Johnson Valley would be a significant loss for all of California as
well as the nation, based on stakeholder usage data. This is especially noteworthy since the Marines can expand their training operations to the east of the existing base, public land that is mostly unused.

The Partnership is asking all users of Johnson Valley to email Senator Feinstein’s office a short personal message stating what specific affect a Marine takeover of Johnson Valley would have on you, your family, business, friends, or any other impact. Specifically, Visits days per year, How many in your group, and how much you contribute to the local economy.

Please take a brief moment to visit Senator Feinstein’s email message center located here:
.: United States Senator Dianne Feinstein, California :: Contact Us :.

Simply complete the fields and leave a brief message. Senator Feinstein’s staff has informed the Partnership that they will not accept “letter generator†type emails. Please use the above link to leave a personal message.

Alternatively, you can fax a letter to Senator Feinstein’s Los Angeles office at: 310-914-7318.

Last edited:

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
I will gett modded if I type what I really feel about that woman
Feinstein, Boxer and Pelosi can all kiss my hairy & rosy red arse . . . how's that! Surely this sort of approach will not be modded?

You want to see REAL un-moderated crap visit . . . The Obama Forum

Don't blame me when you come away angry as hell though!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Gees, She Must Be REALLY Busy Looking After My OHV Interests!

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for writing to me to express your concern about the Marine Corps' efforts to acquire land within the Johnson Valley Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Area. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you know, the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms, California is currently conducting a Combat Center Potential Land Acquisition Study. Marine Corps officials are reviewing potential lands - including OHV routes in Johnson Valley - for acquisition to expand the Marine Corps' training facilities. The land acquisition proposal is subject to through environmental review under the National Environmental Policy Act and will require approval from Congress and the President before the Air Ground Combat Center expansion can move forward.

I understand your concern that the land acquisition proposal could lead to the permanent closure of OHV recreation areas in the Mojave Desert. Driving off-road vehicles is a popular hobby in the State of California, and I recognize the need to provide adequate OHV recreation areas. Please know that I support access to our public lands and will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to monitor the Marine Corps' land acquisition efforts.

Again, thank you for writing. If you have any further questions or comments, please contact my office in Washington, D.C. at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

J.T.

Terror-X #1 in my mind
Jan 16, 2009
VIsalia Ca.
Re: Gees, She Must Be REALLY Busy Looking After My OHV Interests!

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for writing to me to express your concern about the Marine Corps' efforts to acquire land within the Johnson Valley Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Area. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you know, the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms, California is currently conducting a Combat Center Potential Land Acquisition Study. Marine Corps officials are reviewing potential lands - including OHV routes in Johnson Valley - for acquisition to expand the Marine Corps' training facilities. The land acquisition proposal is subject to through environmental review under the National Environmental Policy Act and will require approval from Congress and the President before the Air Ground Combat Center expansion can move forward.

I understand your concern that the land acquisition proposal could lead to the permanent closure of OHV recreation areas in the Mojave Desert. Driving off-road vehicles is a popular hobby in the State of California, and I recognize the need to provide adequate OHV recreation areas. Please know that I support access to our public lands and will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to monitor the Marine Corps' land acquisition efforts.

Again, thank you for writing. If you have any further questions or comments, please contact my office in Washington, D.C. at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator
Lieing Straight through Her teeth BITCH

SoCal

I'm a Toy Haulin Hooligan - UTVUnderground Approve
Jan 16, 2009
Orange Ca.
Re: Gees, She Must Be REALLY Busy Looking After My OHV Interests!

This is what I wrote

I am writing you this in response to the John Valley riding area. We are rapidly loosing our rights to access to these public lands and I urge you to NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN to Johnson Valley or any other areas we have here in California. The more areas get closed the more congested the other areas become which makes them more dangerous. Johnson Valley is a great area allowing for all types of off road recreation. It is also large enough not to be crowded like some other spots have become. This is one of my favorite spots because of this. I urge you to fight for the rights of the off road enthusiast. Keep this area open to us along with the rest of the areas in California.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000