Bonneville Off-Road Racing 2015

kyle_pc_75

Jun 17, 2014
BOR is racing again in 2015, despite our recent difficulties.

Mark your calendars for the weekend of June 27th, as we'll be racing a heat style race just outside Vernal, Utah, about 2 hours from Salt Lake City and 3 hours from Denver. We're planning on an approximately 15 mile loop, running two heats of several loops for each class. There will be a mix of twisty, turny stuff, big hills, and wide open graded roads.

We're still very much working out the details, but we do have the go-ahead from the landowners to hold this race. Uintah County has been fantastic to work with and is very excited to have us hold this event in their county. Hotels are only a couple of miles from the track, and there is camping with power, water and sewer at the track.

Kyle MacArthur
Tech Director
Bonneville Off-Road Racing
[email protected]

kyle_pc_75

Jun 17, 2014

Anyone up for this race? UTV's will race approximately 120 miles total, and parts of the course will definitely favor your vehicles. I met a few local UTV racers out there and I think we have about 5 or 6 entries so far, with at least 25 trucks and buggies. It'll be a good time!

We're also looking to put on a race this year in Eagle Mountain.

kyle_pc_75

Jun 17, 2014
Quick summary of tonight's meeting:

We're definitely having the Poker Run at Eagle Mountain on May 2nd to explore a possible race at a later date. We're going to explore the area on April 25th around 2 PM for anyone who'd care to join. I'll post a specific meeting location and time before then.

More details were finalized regarding Vernal. We're still planning on three heats, UTV's, limiteds, and Unlimiteds. The buggies are breaking into nice groups, 9's and 1600's, with a few 10's, maybe 1's. It looks like we're going to have a huge contingency of trucks, so 7's, 8's, 4400's, Ultra4's, 1450's will all be racing together, but in separate classes. Some of the buggies and trucks will be mixed heats depending upon classes. We have a decent number of UTV's, we think, but only 7 have verbally committed. As always, three like vehicles make a class, even within a heat.

Making progress on hotel rates, etc., but nothing concrete to report yet. I am working with the Uintah County Travel and Tourism Board on that and possibly holding some optional portion of the events in Vernal including Tech, Awards, and a Vehicle Parade.

Still looking for the 11's and many others (UTV's, more Ultra 4's, still some 8's) that have been committed by "friends" lol. We REALLY want to see you guys out there, please check the official verbally confirmed entry list and contact me if you're committed but not on there.

http://bor-racing.org/Bor/forum/2015/mi ... -race-info

Thanks again for all the support!

kyle_pc_75

Jun 17, 2014
Hello everyone! I just wanted to post some updates regarding the event's Safety Plan (not the race's Safety Regulations related to vehicle tech which are unchanged).

Rule #1 - No alcohol is allowed on County property at any time. We have always enforced a "no alcohol" rule during races, but this means no alcohol on County property in the campgrounds or pits before or after the race. I would suggest that if you (like me) would like to have a drink outside of the race schedule, to politely camp on public land outside of the park or to reserve a hotel room. The park is fenced, so these boundaries are pretty clear. I will provide park boundaries with the race course GPS files this weekend and signs will be posted at the entrances. Any infraction of this rule could result in serious consequences for the future of BOR, so I expect there to be no violations (or else Bo will kick your ass). Camping in the park or on BLM land is free either way!

Rule #2 - Spectating, including that for pit crews, will be limited to defined areas, which will be fenced or taped off for the event. Access will be controlled by volunteers. The good news is that the entire course is pretty much visible from any of the spectator areas, and spectators will be free to move about from area to area if they stick to designated routes and obey the road crossing volunteers. These routes will also be posted with the course GPS.

Rule #3 - Hot pits will be provided on the race course. No chasing or unauthorized recovery will be permitted. We will have designated recovery vehicles which will coordinate with the Race Director to arrange recovery with Pit Crews.

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but those are the major things for now. Please post up concerns, questions, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000