My world lately...a good ride, and bumps in the road.

FBT

Well when I logged in it told me it has been over a month since I was here. I just wanted to let my pals here know I am still above ground, but have a full plate, so my time really has not been my own.

We lost out jury-rigged internet connection about 3 weeks ago, and just yesterday got up and running with hughesnet satellite internet, which is wicked fast and dependable compared to the dial-up we started out with and the Verizon air card/cell antenna on roof, amplifier in line and router/modem base in house that we finally gave up on due to signal loss. One of the downsides of living in the sticks.
We had great 4th, and a couple weeks before that we went up to Sand mountain and took a 65 mile ride one day out across U.S. 50 to an old cemetery, an underground nuke test marker, etc. It was awesome and thanks to my Cognito LT my back was fine.
We got home and it was time for a check up with my gastroenterologist. I am a colorectal cancer survivor...it was detected in a routine colonoscopy screen a couple of years ago and I was Blessed to have caught it.
Very Blessed.
If you are 50, get checked my friends. the life you save may very well be your own. Well, the doc wanted me to have a very intense series of scans and tests that take a week and are very unpleasant.
Very unpleasant.
I am in the middle of that series of tests now. The oncologist told me he "doesn't recommend it; you didn't need it then and you don't need it now..the stats show you are cured".
But the doc who found it is extremely conservative in his treatment, and he told me this year he'd feel real good about saying I am good to go if I did this. He agrees that I am statistically about 95% cured, but he wants to be sure, sure, sure.
The problem is three "preps procedures" 3 nights in a row and then lying motionless in a scan machine for over an hour is killing my surgically reconstructed back.
So....i will check in when I can, and will take all they prayers I can get that this scan comes back clean, that I can move on.

Once i am over this hurdle i will post up some pics of the big ride, we took a bunch.

jeff

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
One day at a time , but planing the next dirt trip can help some times take care and best wishes , Rich

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Prayers here for you ;-)

I had two very bad checkups where they go in and look for Amelia Earhart all came out good to go ;-)

BTW they did NOT fine her ;-)

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Always stay positive, thats half the battle!

PS: Cisco, did they find that gold watch?? i still cant find that dam thing!
No but they did fine a gold chain with a heart pendant, I told the doc, it was from my 18 year old g-friend (this was when I was young) and he sad yea right and put it in his pocket ;-(

FBT

Guys I am back, and after a miserable summer going through a bunch of tests I already mentioned, and then some more, and some more, and a false positive, and more...
About two weeks ago the verdict came in...no sign of the cancer returning, no indication of any spread of live cancer cells, no indication of any cancer anywhere in me.
To say I am relieved would be the understatement of the year. I have had a heck of a time focusing on anything else these past months. We only had the boat out a couple of times all summer, and here we are looking to begin preparing for another winter!
Oh well. nothing can shake my mood anymore, I am thankful for every day the Good Lord has given me!
So, we will be doing a couple of minor maint. things on the Teryx, putting a billet impeller in it I bought what seems like a lifetime ago, changing the oil and switching out to engine ice for coolant.
Then tuck the boat away for winter, get some wood hauled in and stacked, get the propane tank filled, and wait for cooler weather in Nevada so we can go play!
I am slowly returning to the "other" part of life, the part where you live it instead of worry constantly about it.
But I am a changed man...there is no doubt about it.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Qoute returning to the "other" part of life, the part where you live it instead of worry constantly about it.

Jeff, live long and happy :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000