Yamaha Loud Roof help!!

Pokahpolice

Sep 4, 2011
Standish, Maine
I have a full 4 seat cage on my Rhino and was having a hard time finding a roof to fit the aftermarket cage. So I had a local sheetmetal shop cut a piece painted it and bolted it to the cage. It looks great but was fabricated with sheetmetal that is to thin and flexes and rattles like hell. Any suggestions on a quick fix?

brevndeb

Your Mom
May 5, 2010
Beaumont CA-B-Town
I have a full 4 seat cage on my Rhino and was having a hard time finding a roof to fit the aftermarket cage. So I had a local sheetmetal shop cut a piece painted it and bolted it to the cage. It looks great but was fabricated with sheetmetal that is to thin and flexes and rattles like hell. Any suggestions on a quick fix?

Go down to Jo anns and pick up enough fabric to cover the bottom side of the roof just cut it to fit and use 3m spray glue. Rattle gone and you have a nice custom head liner. Vinal is the best easy to clean.

Bruce

UNION YES
Apr 15, 2011
Take the roof off and put a stripp of door weather strippin from Ace hardware on all the bars..This is how my roof cam from UTV Inc.

I like the headliner idea also...may just do that anyway.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Go down to Jo anns and pick up enough fabric to cover the bottom side of the roof just cut it to fit and use 3m spray glue. Rattle gone and you have a nice custom head liner. Vinal is the best easy to clean.
X2 on that a lot peeps do that . Rhino liner but Its $$$ . My roof is thick so all I did was put rubber (bike tire tube) were the roof touched the cage.

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
home depot has a rubber/foam d shaped adhesive backed gasket, is brown and comes in a roll in a box. my favorite for roofs. and as far as it being flimsy you can have it bead rolled.

Pokahpolice

Sep 4, 2011
Standish, Maine
The issue isn't that it's rattling on the cage...I used weather stripping on the cage...it's because it's flexing. I went to JoAnn's and picked up the materials to do a headliner....this will be nice cause I can run wires under the fabric and hide them for my dome lights...thanks for the suggestion. I'll let you know how it goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000