Search results

1. R

Miller canyon burned down by turbo rzr

I hope Polaris takes a serious look at how the poor quality product testing is affecting our industry. Every 3 months polaris has a new "build number" to update the parts dept on all their changes on the assembly line. Yamaha has not changed a single bolt. I don't own either of them so no...
  2. R

Sims Motorsports (The Mint 400)

Well done and great write up. Nothing beats the overall experience of the Mint 400. Next time e let me know when your camping and I will sit on top your RV with my .50 cal. It keeps the rif raf away.
  3. R

100MPH Yamaha YXZ1000R Dyno Pull - Alba Performance

My DSR1 did 105mph in the dirt and I am 100% posative that if we can do it with aftermarket enginering, then a factory built SR1 will get there for sure. I agree with the aerodynamics but I have been there done that so I am a believer. Good job eliminating the Rev limiters. Yamaha is back!
  4. R

Prescott Valley Grand Prix Race

Don't listen to him, the force is strong with this one. Will you race the desert car?
  5. R

BITD Class Vote on sequential 5 speeds

If you build it ............ some will bitch. The sequential transmission is a no brainer, the real question is what we are going to do with these blue UTV's. Should we make a class just for them or let them run with the other colors?
  6. R

New Yamaha?

Hey kmb760, Can you just give us the video and specs? Anyone with that pic definitely knows more. Anything ........ a hint ......?
  7. R

New Yamaha?

True the 112hp may be just as fast as the XP1000 due to the much more efficient driveteain. So, what happens when the turbo motor they already produce makes its way into one? Starting to resemble a mini class 10 car.
  8. R

New Yamaha?

Man that looks good. Yamaha sure has a way to make cool looking stuff. I think the roof line would look better without the pyramid in the middle but maybe it provides good headroom.
  9. R

New Yamaha?

It's a strut, and the sway bar is attached to the seat belt mount which triggers the kill switch to prevent the 1.88 jigawatz from causing it to make the jump to light speed which usually results in someone loosing a pancreas. It's a new design. I could be wrong but we will know soon......
  10. R

Is there such a thing as excessive nerfing?

Now that's racing. How much did Cognito pay you to film their car like that? I wish I had footage of my car that's that good.
  11. R

So true, and it keeps coming.
  12. R

2016 Wildcat?

I would put a wildcat on the podium at BITD if wildcat had some factory support. Any ideas whether they plan to enter the desert racing scene? I just don't want to win another championship for a manufacturer that does not have factory support. (I have 3 under my belt)
  13. R

2016 Wildcat?

OK, sign me up. Gentlemen, we have a new player in town.
  14. R

2016 Wildcat?

Ok, put that motor in a wildcat and I will sign up for one.
  15. R

Well said and I completely agree. The problem is the ones that don't understand they are racing the clock, not the position on the course. I pray that THEY do figure it out, if they ever understand they are the problem. I don't ever see a system of "paying for another car" in racing. If that...
  16. R

2016 Wildcat?

OK, so here are the questions. 1. What is this motor that creates "unbelievable power" 2. What exactly are the suspension changes. In the videos it looks like the same rear suspension design.
  17. R

2016 Wildcat?

Ok already, post it, post it, post it
  18. R

New Yamaha?

I see potential too. This new car makes me want to race a Yamaha again. I may be the last one to race and win a championship with a Yamaha Rhino. 2012 Unlimited Pro UTV. Wonder if they will do any factory sponsorship programs like the other big manufacturers.
  19. R

New Yamaha?

OK that's hilarious. I think it's the new one link suspension. The tire is connected directly to the shock, no links, and it is front wheel drive.
  20. R

After watching that video the evidence is clear, go race AZOP. Plrase dont take offense to that but you have drawn a lot of attention to things that dont seem justified. Every time we call, complain, point fingers, etc it does not represent the UTV racing group well, and that includes all of...
  21. R

If you are not in it to win it, get out of the way, every time. I raced and won the 2012 unlimited utv championship in BITD in my DSR1. It was fast as we were the overall fastest at the parker race that year. I quickly locked up the championship. We kept a keen eye on the mirror as our class...
  22. R

Prescott Valley Grand Prix Race

Keep us posted
  23. R

BEWARE !!!of silber turbo.

Hope you get your $$ back.
  24. R

New Yamaha?

that's true but........... There is no other class in racing that uses a belt. It has been tried in class 10 cars with a RPM gearbox..... epic fail. Huge power loss. Every other car out there runs a transmission and clutch and they work great. I have personally raced a UTV with both. I...
  25. R

New Yamaha?

but....... no broken belts
  26. R

2016 Wildcat?

King shocks and trailing arms, that would be amazing.
  27. R

BITD Class Vote on turbos

It's good to see that such a large group of racers, supported by so many manufacturers, are having an open and realistic discussion about the future of the class. I am staying out of this one but compliment all for the open participation, including the UTVRA and Jagged with the upcoming...
  28. R

New Jimco build

Keep the pics coming. That thing should look like a class 10 by the time they are done.
  29. R

Parker Tech Inspection.....Results?

Having done my fair share of winning and loosing (occasionally) I have a great idea. #1. If you are not registered to race, shut up. #2. If you are registered to race and have a concern, it can ONLY be voiced to the proper BITD official that HAS the ability to make a decision OR the team in...
  30. R

Who wants to trade a four seat UTV for a 300hp coilover baja bug?

Let me know what is out there, two or four seat, and let's make a deal.
  31. R

Vulture Mine Offroad Challenge Real Desert race

If I put a Teryx hood on my 5/1600 Baja bug can we race it in sportsman? Is there a truck/buggy class?
  32. R

Great, we will come to the sat races then. I started checking the schedule and gave up after the first couple were on Sunday. Thought I was seeing a trend. I will check again, thanks
  33. R

What new UTVs might we see in 2015?

No politics, just my observation. The cheap stuff gets switched all the time, the stuff we wait for seems to take forever. Now that CanAm and Polaris will have a turbo, perhaps AC will step up too. The wildcat is a good platform but my brother bought the Muzzy wildcat and it still leaks oil...
  34. R

What new UTVs might we see in 2015?

Joyner will come out with another attempt at the market. That's about the only rumor we can truly count on this year. We have been waiting a decade for Yamaha, years for Kawi, and the cat getting a better motor is getting old too. Polaris has never been out gunned long so I guess that could...
  35. R

Any chance we can get Saturday UTV races? Let the UTV's race sat and I know at least three more cars that will race the season. I realize bikes and quads typically race Sundays but recovering a broken utv or buggy and then driving home Sunday night is a lot harder than loading a bike or quad...
  36. R

Thanks, it is a really well thought out car. Here are some more detailed pics. If it was 4wd I would keep it. We just do a lot of trails in Prescott and this car is better suited for high speed than jeep trails. Here is an album...
  37. R

I built this thing but I really just want a four seat XP1000 or possably a well built XP900. I am sure there is someone out there that has a four seat car and wants a manual trans wheelie poppin dune/street/play machine. Check it out and point me in the direction of anyone interested...
  38. R

New BITD points rule for 2015

I like this scenario best. The more cars in the race, the harder to win, the more points for doing it. If only 3 cars enter, winner gets 3 points
  39. R

Race ute for sale

I do have a pic if a sweet desert car he just finished, but I will leave the sharing to him. I could not help but share a pic of what we all used to race. We were hard core racers back then.
  40. R

Race ute for sale

I heard he is going big bore, something crazy like 686 o something.
  41. R

Race ute for sale

I happen to have a picture of his new car. Anyone want to see it?
  42. R

SCORE UTV Championship decided by unearned finish points!!!

At the SS300 in 2011 I was the last moving car on the track, and hat two pits to go. It was cold, dark, and everyone wanted to go home. Casey told me to make the next pit and let everyone go home as tempatures were dropping into the low 30's. He did not want to risk having us stuck in the...
  43. R

Official Blue Water Desert Challenge thread

That's a sweet race one video. Fast car!
  44. R

How will the Turbo Maverick affect UTV racing?

You mean the guy at the gas station with an XP on the trailer is not a "reliable source"?
  45. R

that's very true. Perhaps for once the Polaris guys won't have the most horsepower.I know it can be rough, but I think it's good for the industry. If I had a Polaris race car, I might be upset but if the tables were turned and Polaris released the turbo, I think all the Polaris guys would be...
  46. R

I have heard from more than one person who is supposedly in the know that Polaris will be releasing a very competitive car at the next camp Polaris.. At this point I agree that it should be allowed to run so that the industry can move forward. Once camp Polaris is over, I don't think that this...
  47. R

NEW 2015 Can-Am Maverick TURBO

That's an amazing price. Wait six months and they will be 22k.
  48. R

Oh come on guys, quit whining and let them race ............. In another class that will be WAY fast. I have a hunch that by Christmas there will be two if no three turbo vehicles available. With all the excitement I am guessing we can break the 50 car...
  49. R

BITD rules

There are too many 100k naturally aspirated cars out there to make them all obsolete in one weekend. That being said, the pro class is the best and fastest UTV racing has to offer. Some deliniation is inevitable. Heck, they made an 850 class and there are way more 1000cc desert cars out...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000