Search results

1. H

The State of the UTV Desert Racing Class

I think a lot of people have said that HP isn't an issue, that the belt drive is the equalizer. So, my concern isn't so much a turbo car or even being outdated by a slightly different car in a year or 2. My concern is what happens when an OEM comes out with a real transmission. Something with...
  2. H

Fabrication shops in Nor Cal?

I don't know if you found some one or what your time frame is, but my shop is looking for customers. My shop is Beaty Industries, and we specialize in commercial and industrial fabrication, we also work on the occasional race car. We're not currently set up to do a lot of sheetmetal work, but...
  3. H

Can-Am Best doors for the Maverick?

When I bought my Maverick, they threw in a set of Pro Armor doors that are Can Am branded and I'm less than impressed. They don't seem to fit very well, and the took some tweaking over my knee to make them latch. 6.5 out of 10. When I finally crunch them for good I'll build my own or buy...
  4. H

Cost of Winning: The Monster Mav Chronicles

Sooo... It'd be a "Weld it yourself" kit? ;)
  5. H

When you say "your kit" are you planning on building a kit to help us out? As a fabricator by trade, I could probably build a long travel kit from scratch if I wanted, but I would much rather have something that's been battle tested than me reinventing the wheel.
  6. H

Newbie NEEDS help :-)

Sorry, it was a little late when I read that. I thought it seemed odd. Never mind, reading fails me. But, still wondering where at in Idaho? Got a lot of family their and a couple that race ATV's
  7. H

Newbie NEEDS help :-)

Where at in Idaho? That's where I'm from. My brother and cousin raced flat track ATV's and I raced mini and full sprints. Unfortunately I don't know what your turn out will be if you're limiting the UTV's to 50" Anyway, I might have a couple pictures of my Maverick. I haven't got to...
  8. H

Kohler Diesel UTV engine or any other diesel engines

You should see the itsy-bitsy turbo on the Kubota motor. It's almost cute how tiny it is.
  9. H

Kohler Diesel UTV engine or any other diesel engines

The only other UTV's I know of that are diesel powered are the Kubota and the Bobcat. I'm not sure what your plans are but these are very utility oriented. I have experience with both. They're very low to the ground and not going to set any speed records. On the other side, they're super useful...
  10. H

Polaris Bilsteins (Money back guarantee introductory offer) XP1000 2

I'm researching shock options for my Maverick. Does Bilstein offer anything for the Can Am? I actually run them on my Dodge I have to say, they made a massive improvement so I'd be curios as to pricing and availability. Thanks
  11. H

Who wants to trade a four seat UTV for a 300hp coilover baja bug?

I can't say I can help you on the sale/trade, but nice job. I'm an avid VW guy and built 2 Baja's before jumping on the UTV bandwagon. Impressive build. Someone will have a fun car. I'll definitely keep in mind in my off road buddies circle. Where is it located?
  12. H

No Way! Small world. My house/shop is in old EG behind the wood mill. Who do you know in sprint cars? I raced a little in the 90's and still go out to Placerville once in a while. Anyway, I too thought that you just moved the rear. I see now what you're saying about it loading the nose...
  13. H

I also saw that and was interested in it as well. l've emailed him back and forth a couple times in regards to his shock service.
  14. H

Not to get off topic, but where are you at SickStick? It says Nor Cal on your ID. I too have a Maverick and I'm also interested in changing the rear of my car. I'm a fabricator by trade, and have a shop, although my experience is in commercial and industrial fabrication, maybe with some of...
  15. H

Can-Am canam maverick spin on oil filter adapter and oil cooler install pics

I was just looking at this kit and I was wondering, sometimes with similar setups on larger engines (I'm speaking in terms of heavy equipment as that's where my expertise is) is there a loss of oil pressure across the system? I really like the idea. Even just the spin on filter because you...
  16. H

That was also a question I had. What will the stock Can Am alternator put up with? Radio? Extra lights?
  17. H

What size tires/wheels were you running on the Mav? How much larger tire can you get away with in lieu of clutch mods?
  18. H

Avid Racing Maverick Max Build

Welp... Seeing this pretty much makes me want to give up on racing my Mav. Certainly a top notch build.
  19. H

Hi Everyone!

Hello!
  20. H

So stupid question time Reid. What size material did you use for your cage? I agree with using DOM vs Chromo just for the sake of reparability in the field. Would you consider something different to cut back on weight since the Mav was so heavy?
  21. H

Jake the Can Am guy

Ummm.... Shorts? and a green cast? And I am hideous... :D
  22. H

Where did you Ride for Thanksgiving??

Joey, was your ride 1 continuous trip? Or did you come back, load up and move to the next spot? The are you're talking about is somewhat local to me and it'd be awesome to see a trail map of the area.
  23. H

Jake the Can Am guy

Rod Hall, Walker Evans, Ivan Stewart.... They were all guys my dad raced with back in his Baja days. I first met Mr. Hall and Mr. Evans at SEMA about 4 years ago. Both of them were incredible to talk to. I think we spoke for a solid hour. I also think I was overcome with hero worship and they...
  24. H

Jake the Can Am guy

Thanks for the welcome everyone. As soon as my leg heals, I'll be looking for some new UTV friends to show me some trails around the Sacramento area. Prairie City is fun for hanging out, shock tuning and showing up guys in Toyota rockcrawlers, but it's definitely getting old.:)
  25. H

I belong to a few different forums. Off Road related and otherwise. I have been lurking since I wasn't sure I wanted to get "sucked in" to another forum. :D Now that my leg is in a sling for the next couple months...well, I've got time to read and maybe contribute a little myself. But I...
  26. H

Jake the Can Am guy

My plan was to be ready for a couple VORRA races this upcoming season. But since I've broke my leg, I'll probably just have to spectate this year. I also help out once in a while on Rod Hall's team when he races in Nevada and I can get the time off.
  27. H

Jake the Can Am guy

I've been reading UTV forums for a couple months since I bought my Maverick. But now that I'm laid up with a broken leg, I figured I might as well get involved. I live in the Sacramento area. I also have a small shop where I primarily work on Ag and construction equipment, and fabricate as...
  28. H

I've been lurking since I picked up my Maverick last summer. With the wealth of info post here, even though your not going to continue the chronicles, will this atleast be made a sticky for us Can Am guys?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000