Search results

1. george.felix

Who wants to qualify UTV's for The Mint 400 at King of The Hammers?

Most people don’t go to KOH....if your wanting to qualify it should be before the race not at another race.
  2. george.felix

Can the Yamaha YXZ1000 make the Baja.

Somebody complained and had this video blocked.....I wonder who would do that? Hmmm? I don’t think Polaris or Yamaha would be offended so someone’s a sore loser.
  3. george.felix

UTVWC Laughlin Leap

It looks like the Laughlin Leap is being cancelled because no sponsors are interested. It appears there is no TV coverage this year. Last year was covered by ABC I believe. Neither of these developments appear to be improvements to what was arguably the single biggest UTV event of the year. I...
  4. george.felix

hi, not new but back here again..

Stick to the basics....buy a $35 clutch alignment tool. Buy a clutch kit. Personally I don't like aftermarket exhaust for a lot of reasons. A tuner is just more connectors to fail but if you have to have one Power Commander and Dyno Jet I think has one. I'd spend the money on flashing the ECU...
  5. george.felix

RZR RS1 Class?

Here is the question and response from BITD about the RS1. If you believe Polaris said this then I have some swamp land to sell you. Every video I've seen of the RS1 vs XP1000 show the cars being neck and neck just as you would expect. Whatever difference there is is up to the driver to...
  6. george.felix

RZR RS1 Class?

I was seriously considering to race one next yr but not in its own class. The weight is overstated imo. Currently there are a wide range of weights among the two seat and 4 seat Rzrs, Yamaha, and XX coming up. There is as much as 300lbs or more after race built. On paper it’s 29 lbs lighter than...
  7. george.felix

Who has the scoop on the new new for the up coming desert/dune riding season

Apparently BITD I mean Cory has decided the RS1 is too badass to run with the other naturally aspirated cars and must be separated in a class of its own.....because why?
  8. george.felix

RZR RS1 Class?

So I asked Cory and he said no that the rules require a co-driver. He said there is going to be a RS1 class with its own rules for 2019. I asked if any of the build specifications have been decided and his answer was no. So a Can Am sponsored driver making the rules for a Polaris only...
  9. george.felix

Primary clutch issues have you seen this?

For most work on a sxs I’d suggest finding someone who versed in all aspects of the car. Your going to be better off in the long run since most of these guys own and run cars. Taking to a dealer would be my last resort. I’d even trust google first......
  10. george.felix

Drivers attacking Drivers at WORCS

Jim, I watched the video again and it stops right at the point where the guy makes what I’d call a swipe at the drivers helmet and almost looks like he’s starting to walk away but you can’t tell. I’m always skeptical about videos that just stop abruptly if you know what I mean. The kid didn’t...
  11. george.felix

I assumed the topic was about incidents that would be considered unsportsmanlike. It happens in every sport and how its addressed is different in every sport. Hockey and Nascar fighting is not a big deal but in figure skating it will get you banned and kicked off the Olympic Team. Offroad racing...
  12. george.felix

I'm may be alone on this but as bad as this looked it didn't have permanent serious consequences.....in other words no one got hurt. However much he should have known better is speculation imo. He did what he did and it was 100% out of line and he should be held responsible for it no more or...
  13. george.felix

RZR RS1 Class?

It should be allowed.....thats a question for Cory. If the Can Am turbo is any precedent when it was allowed mid season to compete against the NA cars then I don't see why the RS1 would not be allowed. I suppose they could change the rules to require a co driver or is that already a rule?
  14. george.felix

Can-Am Vs. Polaris - Officially Equal?

I was referring to Legacy. For the record, I'm not a poster boy for any particular agenda I say whats on my mind but that can change......ask anyone who's bumper I've left paint on. That said the truth is usually somewhere in the middle of extreme points of view. Never and Always are both...
  15. george.felix

Primary clutch issues have you seen this?

You need to make sure its tight periodically....I mean your bouncing it over the desert i assume and 2000 miles is a lot of offroad miles. Just hit it with an impact now and then if you don't have a torque wrench....Also change the bolt once in a while. If your just driving it till it breaks...
  16. george.felix

Can-Am Vs. Polaris - Officially Equal?

Why does my name always come up here.... what happens on the race course in not a secret. I'm not even sure what your inference is but I think everyone will agree we are more considerate and less cars being destroyed by other cars if thats what your talking about. Part of that is the push to...
  17. george.felix

XP 1000 Motor difference 2014,2015-2017, 2018

I notice there is a different part number for the 2014, 2015-2017, and 2018. Anyone know what the differences are?
  18. george.felix

Disabled person Looking to work for a team paid or unpaid dosn't matter.

Well put....the only thing that comes with a silver platter is a silver platter. Start somewhere and stick with it and see where it leads. You will be surprised what your capable of. If Stephen Hawking can contribute so can you.
  19. george.felix

1900 Class Interested in Baja 500?

Im currently undecided but would like to race this years 500 if the team was right. I’ve done 5-6 baja races so I’m a veteran DNF’er. Just thought I’d throw this out there see where it goes. My sponsors would like me to race it so I can bring some game.
  20. george.felix

Disabled person Looking to work for a team paid or unpaid dosn't matter.

Brett, I’ve seen your previous post and obviously you haven’t given up. You might give some thought to what capacity you feel you can contribute comfortably. Btw I like your tenacity....impressive.
  21. george.felix

1958 UTVWC Race Report

I don't recall the conversation unless you said keep it stock which I know a lot of people believe is best. I never got a "deal" unless you call a small discount a deal. Hearing so many others with the same clearance issues is disappointing that Trinity seems oblivious to this......
  22. george.felix

1958 UTVWC Race Report

Randy, your correct Shelby drove it last year and ironically Bradbury was her co driver. This year the car was driven by 16 yr old Trevor Beurrier 1924. About 3 mi into the first lap the way I heard it Bradbury was overly aggressive driving a 2900 car and climbed the rear of him. I heard that...
  23. george.felix

1958 UTVWC Race Report

I got nothing to work with anymore.....Bradbury destroyed the Young Gun car 3 miles into the race maybe that's something we can stir up......broke the axle and transmission mount pretty much ended their race.
  24. george.felix

1958 UTVWC Race Report

We have an issue with Trinity exhaust pivoting on the header and getting really close to the water hose coming off the water pump. We cut the hose down to make more clearance. Trinity said they have never heard of such a thing....Hmm first person I asked that has this exhaust said they canned it...
  25. george.felix

1958 UTVWC Race Report

Its been while since Ive written a report. We started like 39th and blew a head gasket coming out of the pits on the second lap running in 9th at the Mint but ended w a DNF. So we draw 27th at UTVWC. The day before contingency I'm feeling flu sick on the day of I'm bed ridden all day trying to...
  26. george.felix

Baja 500 VW Nerf.....Your thoughts?

Had no idea this was still going but for the record I still think nerfing should be treated w restraint. I've done it I don't like to do it. This last race at Silverstate I don't think was very much nerfing so I think the mentality is changing.
  27. george.felix

Why UTV racers get knocked by the other classes...

This thread is a perfect example of over the top immature attitudes that try to kill an articulate intelligent point of view in a I flunked English sort of way. Acme agree or not kudos for posting an intellligent comment and not losing your cool w the retards......something I struggle with I'll...
  28. george.felix

Silverstate 150 results

It wasn't a super rough course like whooped out but it was really twisty and narrow perfect for bikes and UTV. Fair amount of sand and corners were deep grooved where lot of cars rolled. One car was coming on us so we rabbitted because of the dust and lost him. After a while he was back we were...
  29. george.felix

Silverstate 150 results

Was a super fun course. I haven't seen so many cars on their lids ever! Seems like everyone was running fast. You didn't see any cars just poking along like most races. Probably the best course for utv in 3-4 years imo. I think trackers were $150 for this race if u wanted one.
  30. george.felix

Silverstate 150 results

I'd be in favor of mandatory trackers for these smaller races at a appropriate cost just so people that follow the sport can follow the sport.
  31. george.felix

New BITD Stock Sportsman Rule

Didn't we hear this once before? Lol
  32. george.felix

Desert Racing Rules 101 (Unwritten/Common Sense)

I think you could have included NEVER nerf a car smaller than you. I agree it makes sense for Class 11 to be protected as you stated....any hit will likely inflict damage and is a dickhead move. A truck, jeepspeed, or other larger vehicle than a UTV is also vulnerable as proven by the numbers of...
  33. george.felix

Yeah I also raced X Country for years and same thing if someone was stuck it was a free for all. Bikes would run over you or around you or find an alternate way. What you can be sure of is nobody waited in line....that actually makes me lol to think about.
  34. george.felix

I hope this my final comment....for every person that posts here there are 1000 that only read and no wonder given the way the same group every time gangs up on others. 99% of them just read and are intimidated to post anything that's not in agreement with the bully squad. If I had a nickle for...
  35. george.felix

I knew I wasn't the only one who never heard of it. I don't understand the aversion to written rules. If it's important put it in the rule book. He wasn't faster and got ahead of me because we were down 40 min at RM 3. Yes the lanes were there at the point of impact but I was already focused on...
  36. george.felix

That's bs Wayne I was down a long time no UTV were behind me till the bottleneck. I decided to not wait and climbed the hill and the whole contingent of utvs behind me followed. That's the only time I saw utvs. If I "rabitted" it was to find a place to move over. Doesn't matter but this guy was...
  37. george.felix

It was the heat of the moment.....cmon I just saw "race car"! :rolleyes: So what are the other "unwritten rules" I need to know about? I have a crazy idea how about writing these unwritten rules into the rule book so dummies like me can actually read them.....out them under the unwritten rules...
  38. george.felix

Ok I know I put my neck out posting it but I'm relatively new to desert not new new but I just never heard of class 11 and always thought UTV was the most vulnerable out there besides bikes. Hence I figured all the rhetoric about UTV being fair game I never even considered there could be another...
  39. george.felix

If you saw it I was being as careful as I could be but I locked on his bumper for a second. I barely tapped him just put a small hand size dent in his hood. The thing is class 11 doesn't have any protection so there's an unwritten rule never hit a class 11. Which i never heard of but makes...
  40. george.felix

Nevermind I got my answer....
  41. george.felix

Arctic Cat Desert race car purchase program now on ACs website.

Robby hasn't won a race in the AC so for $100K I'm not sure your getting a competitive race car.
  42. george.felix

2017 Baja 500 (Official Thread)

Long story short....team didn't plan to make this race but Daniel Parker and I were going to team up at the last minute. Didn't think we'd get my car ready in time so Daniel started on his on Wed. We both got caught up in the chaos and lost track of each other for a day or two and next thing I'm...
  43. george.felix

2017 Baja 500 (Official Thread)

Well they let you cross so photo copies were ok after all. They were just giving you a hassle for whatever reason they chose at the moment. It's never the same thing twice down there but you can be sure at some point your 50% chance to get jacked around for something. Just part of the deal.
  44. george.felix

Two things...... selling a thousand units over an indefinite period of time would not quality as a production car by any reasonable persons definition. 50-100 per year its not available to the average joe. Second, a good showing at the 500 or the 1000 is yet to be seen. I think a good showing at...
  45. george.felix

Its laughable to hear grown up adults say incredibly stupid stuff and then act like its a serious discussion. To state the rule is 1000 production cars but it doesn't say "when" they have to be built is ridiculous nonsense. We all know what the rule means.......Like they say in Texas "quit...
  46. george.felix

CV Joint options...what's available?

The some of the options seem to be RCV, stock, stock cryo treated, Turner makes a heavy duty axle and double plunge cv.
  47. george.felix

Baja 500 Hydration Zones

Curious what people racing think about this....specifically hydration zones without lost time. I'm all for safety but if it's an endurance race I don't think it's fair to those that don't stop who trained and do well in the heat. I like it as an option and safety valve but your clock should...
  48. george.felix

Other Looking for advice on getting started racing

Torcs you can learn how to drive and it's inexpensive. To jump up to desert series gonna cost.
  49. george.felix

Baja 500 Support

Unless your running together you can forget pit support from another team. Once the green flag drops the best laid plans are out the window. Now what you can benefit from is pre running with another team where time isn't so much a factor and strength in numbers is more important. That will help...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000