Search results

1. george.felix

UTVWC Laughlin Leap

It looks like the Laughlin Leap is being cancelled because no sponsors are interested. It appears there is no TV coverage this year. Last year was covered by ABC I believe. Neither of these developments appear to be improvements to what was arguably the single biggest UTV event of the year. I...
  2. george.felix

XP 1000 Motor difference 2014,2015-2017, 2018

I notice there is a different part number for the 2014, 2015-2017, and 2018. Anyone know what the differences are?
  3. george.felix

1900 Class Interested in Baja 500?

Im currently undecided but would like to race this years 500 if the team was right. I’ve done 5-6 baja races so I’m a veteran DNF’er. Just thought I’d throw this out there see where it goes. My sponsors would like me to race it so I can bring some game.
  4. george.felix

1958 UTVWC Race Report

Its been while since Ive written a report. We started like 39th and blew a head gasket coming out of the pits on the second lap running in 9th at the Mint but ended w a DNF. So we draw 27th at UTVWC. The day before contingency I'm feeling flu sick on the day of I'm bed ridden all day trying to...
  5. george.felix

Baja 500 VW Nerf.....Your thoughts?

Nevermind I got my answer....
  6. george.felix

Baja 500 Hydration Zones

Curious what people racing think about this....specifically hydration zones without lost time. I'm all for safety but if it's an endurance race I don't think it's fair to those that don't stop who trained and do well in the heat. I like it as an option and safety valve but your clock should...
  7. george.felix

Shelby Anderson to pilot Young Gun car #1805 at UTV World Championship

Felix Racing is proud to announce Shelby Anderson was chosen to drive the "Young Gun" car #1805 at UTV World Championships. Young Gun is sponsored by Felix Racing and our sponsors. We have rebuilt a Polaris XP 1000 to sponsor young aspiring racers who have not had the opportunity to race in a...
  8. george.felix

MRT Run Flat at the Mint

I understand everyone has their favorite tire. That said I didnt expect or know of a tire that will run flat for almost 20 mi and look like this without a beadlock at 25-35 mph. In the words of Betty White.....tougher than a ****** those things can take a pounding!
  9. george.felix

Felix Racing to introduce "Young Gun" driver at Contingency

There have been some very cool programs announced recently and one is the Young Gun program by Felix Racing and our sponsors. We will be announcing the first Young Gun who will be driving their first desert race at UTV World Championship. All teams who are interested in helping with the program...
  10. george.felix

#955 Snake Livermash

I think it's worth mentioning when people exhibit extraordinary sportsmanship especially when they don't have to and it costs them. That was the case on lap 3 at Parker. We were in second place about 10 mi from the finish and broke a steering bolt and rolled onto our side blocking the course...
  11. george.felix

Parker 1958 Race Report and Video

2016 was a tough year much like 2015 and 2014 culminating in a disastrous b1k motor failure a grand total of 14 miles in....so whatever we were doing wasn't working. Made some changes and hoped to start 2017 with a solid car....motor, trans, suspension, clutch all tested and ready. Parker would...
  12. george.felix

Rage At The River 12/10-11......Going

I'm going and just in our group have 3 cars entered. Mike Colosimo has the official scoop but $600 entry is less than half as much as the BITD Pahrump race @ $1300 incl tracker. Racing both days should be high on the fun factor. I'm sure if you come out and want a bigger payout opportunity...
  13. george.felix

L14/15 Polaris replacement axles different than original? Other parts issues.

I have a several long travel axles and I bought an OEM rear to use the cv's and the splines on the inside are different. I asked the Polaris parts guy and he said they sell it as an assembly and it fits if you use it that way so no problem....I asked him to check with Polaris since I couldn't...
  14. george.felix

Caliente 250

Anyone going to race this weekend. Nice purse I believe $2200. I may stick around....cars a little Baja weary but might give it a shot.
  15. george.felix

Text Anywhere.....Baja Must Have!

I'm not one to promote something unless I feel strongly about it. These guys are not a sponsor and I paid full price for everything...like I do when I buy cool shit from Johnny so I'm not looking for free stuff but this was our lifeline in Baja in conditions that could cost you your life and it...
  16. george.felix

1958 Race Report

We had the #1 start position but lost it early in the speed zone as 4 cars said screw it and blew past us. I guess it's a strategy that paid off.....have to think about that one. It was the first race in the new car Eric at Rockstar Customz did an absolute amazing job. It had everything you want...
  17. george.felix

Baja 500 Wagers

Anyone feeling Froggy? I'm not sensing a lot of confidence this year from either class. Ok I'll start.....I'll bet that 1958 gets the hole shot........I'll even go out on the ledge and bet we don't roll the car.......ok the trifecta I'll bet we beat at least 50% or more of the turbo class....how...
  18. george.felix

San Felipe 250 Tracking ?

I don't see it on Volocore.com. Anyone have any info?
  19. george.felix

Parker 250 Race Update Page

There's no tracking this race but I'll try to get someone to post updates here. No guarantees once chaos begins.....but will try. Start estimated around 11:30 after bikes and quads.
  20. george.felix

Parker Draw Order

Draw order for the Big Class.....:)
  21. george.felix

#1958 Race Car Issues

Posted on another thread but maybe this helps others that are new. As much help as I had from people like Eric at Rockstar, Dan at LSR, Bill at Jagged, Dale at Dirty Dawg, Daniel at Turner etc it still comes down to you have to be responsible for managing your own car...imo. I'm not saying I...
  22. george.felix

Baja 1000 what broke.....what went wrong?

Most people are interested in how your race went including the set backs which really are the most interesting and informative aspects. We had a great start passed speedy Gonzalez and The Roadrunner then broke and went home is boring. So what broke and what went wrong? There are 14 stories...
  23. george.felix

Who's racing Baja 1000? Who wants to?

They extended the draw till Tuesday. The draw isn't that important. We have the beginnings of a team so won't register till after the draw. Anyone or team interested in supporting a XP 1000 we could have a spot all positions considered.....possibly a driver team. Need to play well with...
  24. george.felix

Imperial Valley 250

Thread started to post updates......Is there tracking available I didn't see that there was.
  25. george.felix

2017 Dakar

Anyone heard of this......
  26. george.felix

Does Bluewater 150 seem a little Pricey?

$900 for 150 mi race isn't that a little steep or is there more to it?
  27. george.felix

Is there such a thing as excessive nerfing?

Since both the 1915 and 1916 cars were nerfed out of V2R I thought it was worth bringing back this subject. Before you go off that I'm whining just consider 1915 came all the way from Austin Texas to race and spent more than most except maybe Brink to get there. They went home after less than...
  28. george.felix

What took you out of V2R?

With so many cars entered and few finished thought it might be interesting to know what ended it for you. 1958 lost a rear axle limped into pit 4 where we changed drivers and fueled. Lost the bearing I think on the clutch output shaft and sheared off the sway bar mount at rm 191.
  29. george.felix

First Time Co Driver......Funniest moment!

Jakes first time co driving or in a car for that matter. He's been part of many chase teams but not in a car. He's giving it all his attention and doing a great job watching his mirrors because we know were not the fastest car out there and starting 17 ahead of a lot of fast guys so we get...
  30. george.felix

Who's the Slow Cars Starting in Front?

Someone from the peanut gallery said all the cars starting up front were slow. I noticed a lot of unfamiliar names so are these lucky first time racers or what? We're starting 17 out of 40+ so were just going to make as much dust as possible till the really super fast guys catch up. Lol
  31. george.felix

Vegas to Reno Crew Needed.

We need a chase crew and maybe one vehicle. Possibly a co driver. We are stretched thin but like to make it happen. Send a PM or email [email protected] if your interested.
  32. george.felix

#1938 Baja Adventure, Mishaps, Mistakes, Lessons!

We were a last minute entry for several reasons.....we found part of the oiler tube on our drain plug after SS which meant motor work. Our trans was being rebuilt so we put in a used one and the biggest obstacle was we didn't have a full team since we hadn't planned to race. But we came anyway...
  33. george.felix

Baja 500 Live Tracking

Volocore.com will give you live tracking. OR a new thing their doing is text the car number for ex 1938 to this phone 619-344-8852 and get any cars position, speed, etc.
  34. george.felix

Silver State Start at Pit 2?

Did I hear right that the Cognito car couldn't get off the line and somehow got the car to pit 2 and started the race from there. That they were given a 1 hr penalty for "course deviation"? I'm just asking......
  35. george.felix

Cage Specifications

This may have come up before....1.5" x .095 under 2,000 lbs. does the rule require any minimum mechanical properties. Does it make sense to assign a diameter and thickness across the wide spectrum of steel and steel alloys? There had to be some engineering basis so why not assign specific diam...
  36. george.felix

Utv Hard Ramming.. Our Mint 400 #1958 aka The Pink Car

We got hammered around by jeeps, trucks and a Utv. Not just bumped but hard enough to cause a neck injury. At least 4 utvs were hit by trucks hard enough to put them out if the race. That seems like a lot. Seems to me reckless and unnecessary. If your fast and good you don't need to punt...
  37. george.felix

All UTV's Shock Valving Long vs Stock Travel

Assuming everything being equal except one is a 3.5+ and other is stock +0......what would be the inherent differences between the two as far as set up. For example would LT typically require more compression or faster rebound etc. I know the spring rates are increased on both and about the...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000