Search results

1. kornfed

Yamaha Truly Unlimited UTV - Rustfish Racing 2921

Kent Pfeiffer. He can drive, no doubt... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. kornfed

Yep wreck happened at RM10. All that prep and build up and we get taken out in 10 miles. Oh well that is racing... Good seeing you out there.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. kornfed

Yep. It was tight.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. kornfed

Collision on first lap. Car was flying until the pile up. Everyone is ok and live to fight another day. FYI, this car is better than we thought. Going to be a fun year. Just need people to get out of the way... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. kornfed

Thanks for everyone that can to see the car at contingency. Lot of what the and oh my God and the like. Time to go to work. Pfeiffer brothers of the line at 10. Let's see how this car does in this insane race format. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. kornfed

It is everything we hoped it would be. Like anything we want more power, but it is light, skips over the bumps and nimble. The race will be interesting... We are still doing wiring and still don't have front axles. It will be ready, but damn this is tight.... Sent from my iPhone using...
  7. kornfed

Oh and we had just taken the car off the jacks before this picture so the shocks are loaded. It rides a lot lower... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. kornfed

Axles on the way. Should be here on Monday. The 31" Wheel and Tire combo are a lot lighter and a little narrower. Thinking 10 car style. We will see... You racing? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. kornfed

Testing today in Barstow. The car worked really well and the new 31" STI Chicane is really nice set up. Can't believe Will and Jerry got it done this quick. Very excited to see this at the UTV World Championships. Still waiting on a few parts and need to do some last minute electrical items...
  10. kornfed

Yep half a tank and under 2k. Will and Jerry made a sick car here. We will be at the UTV Worlds with this car and the Penhall Polaris 1992 Rustfish. Testing today. I will send out pictures shortly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. kornfed

Desert Racing-Trailing arms, belt and suspension

Wolfpack, HCR, UTV Inc and Holtz all have strong racing arms. We run HCR with King 3.0 rear and 2.5 front and they have been bullet proof. I would not think $5,000 would get it done. More like $15,000 with Arms, Axles and shocks. Also you will want Hess for steering quickener and Anti Sway...
  12. kornfed

Which GPS?

That is a good idea. It was 117 degrees so don't know if anything would have helped. There is a race cooling system called arctic air. Would be perfect... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. kornfed

Which GPS?

Both in my opinion. The lowrance is a work horse, but limited features. LeadNav is slick, but still has issues. It delays sometimes and can overheats. With both you are rocking.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. kornfed

Been Desert racing,now the 500?

We have our Penhall Build up for sale. This is a great platform for the 500. http://classifieds.race-dezert.com/index.php?ct=utvrace&md=details&id=123590 We use Summers Bothers for CV and Axle and have the Cryo Treated by Cryo Heat. Transmission is pretty simple. You go to Cryo Heat with...
  15. kornfed

Ok we are getting close. Penhall is getting a both at the Race. We will have this car and the Polaris Rustfish 1992 in the booth. See you at the race... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. kornfed

14" both front and rear. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. kornfed

BLAKE LEVEL, LIVING LIFE WIDE OPEN

Awesome...!!! Love this story. Can't wait to meet this guy at UTV Worlds.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. kornfed

OMG we have SHOCKS and a Fuel Cell!!!! Finally. Here you go. Rears going in today. Will is busting ass to get this done. How many weeks to go...? YIKES...!!! If this gets finished it will be a miracle, but Will is on it. Damn, parts are always the long pole in the tent. Oh and the see...
  19. kornfed

Sorry... The guys are busting ass to get it done. We will send one more picture in a few days and then see you all at UTV Worlds.
  20. kornfed

Will said someone in the peanut gallery would say that is not how to measure. His response is as follows... The Castor and Bulkhead angle is spot on. That is what he is showing. Also as for the way he is measuring it. He has the spindle on line with the steering arm so he can measure this...
  21. kornfed

RACE LIFE: SCANLON MOTORSPORTS GROUP | MINT 400

Great write up and photos guys. Sorry about the gremlins. It is part of the deal. Good luck at UTV Worlds...
  22. kornfed

A few more pictures from this weekend... I have no idea what this means, but if you have questions, I can ask Will. Will stated that these measurements are from the steering arm that is on plane with the spindle center line. This shows the castor and bulkhead angles are dead on...
  23. kornfed

Ha nice. We will probably be wrenching on it in line at contingency... ;-) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. kornfed

We have everything except for the shocks and the fuel cell. Kind of important elements. The axle does come ahead a bit on the front, but not a lot. The comment was don't hit rocks. Also it would take a pretty tall rock to get there. The other items are addressed by the limiting of the front...
  25. kornfed

Ha that is a funny question. My skills will not keep up with this car. I am solid in the Rustfish 1992, but cannot drive to this level yet. Kent Pfeiffer however is a different story. He has 14 or 15 SCORE wins and even more in BITD... He can drive to the limit. He has wins in class 1 and...
  26. kornfed

Wow ok I just learned a lot there. And the idea that Ackerman at lower power would be tuned differently than a higher powered car that can generate oversteer through throttle. Mind blown. We will discuss for phase 2... Damn. Good stuff... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  27. kornfed

There are not a lot of Yamaha builds in desert. There are a few abs once in a blue moon they get one to top 20. They are very good at short course. The main issue is the rear suspension. My opinion is that this was a terrible design. Hence this new design. As far as the stock cv and axles...
  28. kornfed

Again, over my skis, but getting details from Will, Kent and the CAD guy. The CAD designed front end allowed us to align the suspension, shocks and arms to the stock layout and geometry for steering. The designer was able to create and model the suspension into the rear steer configuration...
  29. kornfed

Here is another picture. Starting to look like a car. Still waiting on the KING Shocks. We stole a FOX off of a C1. Don't tell. That damn double cab photo bombed us again... :-)
  30. kornfed

Ha, the double cab is in the background again? ooops. :-) Jerry always has race cars and a few one off cars in the shop. Last month there were 2 class 1 cars, an historic race truck, a VW thing and a Rat Rod. Pretty cool place to work...
  31. kornfed

I think we all want to hear from Reid on this one. We should create an ask Reid forum. Actually not a bad idea. We should have an experts corner with the build nerds fighting it out. Not sure everyone is as open as Reid on the details of their math, but it would be cool... Maybe hit up Joey...
  32. kornfed

Thanks for the nod. Bad Ass seems to be the theme here. :-) We have been talking about the preload a lot on our 1992 car and we have it fully sorted. It flies, but not without a lot of tuning. A lot. If anyone has seen this car move over whoops, it is impressive. Now, that being said...
  33. kornfed

I figured it out... Hey Reid... Ok I now know what is going on. ;-) I saw Marc a few weeks ago at Plaster with Airdam. Good to catch up. Hope you are well. Keep the questions and input coming. ;-) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  34. kornfed

Motion Ratio? Dude who are you? ;-) Do you race with us? I gotta see this Mav... You have seen the shock mounts for the rear, 1.5 should be easy. They are loooong... Just need King to get them to the shop. How hard can it be. ;-) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  35. kornfed

So this has been asked a lot lately. Here is my opinion. There are 6 or 7 complete six figure custom race cars in UTV now. Our Rustfish 1992 is a complete one off custom race car. It is fully custom and shares almost nothing with the RZR it is based upon except a few parts. It is almost...
  36. kornfed

I think this car is going to be a 1 liter race car that could be the formula for the UTV of the future. You take the actual off-road racing fabricators, like real ones and build something that takes into consideration all of the learnings from real off-road racing. I think the manufacturers...
  37. kornfed

Ok so lot here and want to take the time to answer. I will do it in sections that I know and then get with Will tomorrow and get more detail. First I will go over the driveline alternator. We have a similar set up in the Rustfish 1992 car. It is an alternator that is used on LS power and...
  38. kornfed

Good point, picture of the mock up we have here doesn't show it too well, but the approach angle keeps the arm pretty much aligned with the axle. It will be a little exposed at the end, but not that much. Also we have a material we use that is super tough that will go in front of the boots...
  39. kornfed

Ok here is the next round that has the front end being brought to the chassis. I had a quick chat with Will and there are a couple of elements he wanted to point out. There is less than 1/8th inch on the bump steer tolerance. The anti dive geometry is very slight in the suspension, but he has...
  40. kornfed

Funny. Yes always good to learn the easy way. Hopefully we get this pretty close to sorted day one. We are not going to have any testing time before UTV Worlds. It is a mad dash to get it on the ground. Still waiting on some parts and there is a lot of work to get done. Who would of...
  41. kornfed

Kind of a funny story so we thought that a proper race car is bare metal. Hence the name Rustfish for our 1992 car. Then we realized that after every testing day or every race we had to take the car all the way down and treat it. This got really old. So we decided to paint the lower sections...
  42. kornfed

Ok talked with Kent, who talked to Will Ritzman(the ninja fabricator), the steering is rear based and accounts for Ackerman and anti bump steer and anti dive. He said it is spot on. He will send me some pictures later today. On another note, the design in the front actually can use the stock...
  43. kornfed

Awesome. Ok you are obviously way beyond my level of understanding, let me answer what I can and get with Kent and Jerry later today on the rest... On your first point about bump steer, the guys have a plan to deal with this directly. There was a lot of talk about this. I will get you the...
  44. kornfed

Yes solid lowers with spindle handling the level with oversized Uni balls for the front. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  45. kornfed

Width is max for UTV at 80" and wheel base of 116... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  46. kornfed

We are going double plunging to keep the track consistent. It stays pretty neutral camber top to bottom. Much less than the normal UTV trailing arms. The two shock layout was always in the plan. We think this car will be really fast, like 10 car fast in phase 2, so we want the fine...
  47. kornfed

Nice. We will for sure share the pains and how we are building it. The processes involved are tried and true for the C10 and C1 world. The tricky part is mating this platform to a UTV powertrain and weight. The front end is pretty simple. Think 10 car with a front diff. Little tricky to...
  48. kornfed

Agreed. The UTV platform is great but it is fragile. We want to show what they could be and perhaps get the manufacturers attention. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  49. kornfed

Arctic Cat and Mint 400

We have created a build threat for the Rustfish Unlimited Car. Can't wait to hear from the peanut gallery. Hope this car works. :-) http://utvunderground.com/forum/index.php?threads/truly-unlimited-utv-rustfish-racing-2921.20584/
  50. kornfed

As some of you know, the Rustfish Racing team has been looking at the options around a truly unlimited UTV. No compromises...! Our plan is to use the best fabrication techniques and racing technology we can assemble to make the ultimate 1 liter off-road race car. We started with a plan to...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000