Search results

1. D

Yamaha Presents the PURE 250 & Much More...

ill be going for a test drive and racing
  2. D

Why not the YXZ. ?

I will be done with my build this year and racing BITD in 2018. I have been racing AVE Pure series while i'm building the car. Its been a slow process but I've learned a lot of does and don'ts racing this year. I know AVE is way different then BITD but we have won the pro n/a 4 of 5 races and...
  3. D

New BITD Stock Sportsman Rule

I'm interested in running it. The rules definitely need to be a little more clear. I'm going to race pro n/a next year with stock suspension but ill be legal with my low budget garage build.
  4. D

OFFICIAL UTVUnderground 2017 Vegas To Reno TRACKING / UPDATES / PHOTOS / VIDEO

Good luck to all the teams and have fun stay safe.
  5. D

New build question

I wouldn't do powder coat unless you know for sure its setup the way you want. I hit mine with a rattle can to keep maintenance down for now. After every race i am changing or adding something. But this mine is a garage build and i'm a first time racer so i'm learning as I go and I've learned...
  6. D

Baja 500 VW Nerf.....Your thoughts?

I personally love reading this stuff. I have spent most of my years racing bikes so I have a lot to learn about this 4 wheel stuff. National hare & hound races you deal with the same kind of issues but when you get to a bottle neck its a free for all. As for passing its the same thing if I catch...
  7. D

Rally Racing in a UTV

I'm trying to make it. Still need to get a couple things figured out on the car. Any prize money in rally racing?
  8. D

Arctic Cat Desert race car purchase program now on ACs website.

I dont think the Wildcat is any different than a RZR or CanAm. To have any of theme built is going to cost around the 100k mark for a fully built desert car. The only differance is that RZR and CanAm have proven they can win races. Im sure the Wildcat has testing on it but not much desert race...
  9. D

Thoughts on gaining pit support?

Im not sure of your location but you can also look into smaller desert series to get started. Socal has AVE pure and District 38 Arizona has AZOP and im sure there others. Some of the bigger name guys also use these for testing before the big races. I started in the AVE Pure series and ive...
  10. D

2017 Baja 500 (Official Thread)

Lambert moving again coming into RM325 still rolling out front
  11. D

2017 Baja 500 (Official Thread)

2918 at RM250 2913 2977 2990 1954 2968 2936 2917 2904 2912 1998
  12. D

Rally Racing in a UTV

RallyDude, I went thru the rule book and had a couple questions. 1- 10lb fire extinguisher seems big for a little car. I have a 2.5lb in the car and 5lb outside is that ok? 2- I have window nets but they are not SFI rated, do I need different nets? 3- I didnt see anything about an age limit...
  13. D

Rally Racing in a UTV

OK i'm sold. We will be doing the next one in Gorman. Anyone know a good place to practice that's safe in the SoCal area? I don't want to come flying around a corner into someone.
  14. D

Arctic Cat Desert race car purchase program now on ACs website.

Until Textron starts selling a Wildcat XX car to the public the Speedcat shouldn't be allowed to race a "production" class. From what I've heard Textron will release the Wildcat XX as a naturally aspirated car for the first year so the Speedcat with a turbo cant race the Pro Production turbo...
  15. D

Baja 500 Hydration Zones

I like the idea of having hydration stations but the clock should continue to run. I have raced bikes in the summer and its not fun at times but with proper preparation, training, and knowing when its time to stop and take a break in your pits is a vital part of desert racing
  16. D

Other Looking for advice on getting started racing

I race the AVE Pure desert series. We only have one pit area so that makes it easy. Even if you didnt have someone to pit for you if you asked some of the other racers im sure someone will help you out to get you going. We went to help pit for a guy racing the UTVWC that ive never even met...
  17. D

Other Looking for advice on getting started racing

This is pretty much what im doing. I got a car and started building it in the garage. This is my first UTV and first time building something. I started racing this year in a smaller desert series while im still trying to build the rest of the car. I have made plenty of mistakes during the build...
  18. D

Can the Yamaha YXZ1000 make the Baja.

i think it can be a very capable car and I would choose the 5speed manual
  19. D

Which GPS?

Ive been using LeadNav and we are happy with it
  20. D

YAMAHA ANNOUNCES 2017 SIDE-BY-SIDE AND ATV FACTORY-SUPPORTED RACERS

I completely agree, Getting the suspension done is on the LONG list of things to do. I still have a lot to learn as a driver.
  21. D

I cant wait, well not for the getting beat up in the car but to finally be able to get out and race a BITD
  22. D

The Yamaha does good in the desert. I raced my first AVE rave and overalled it in a YXZ with bone stock suspension. Last year the YXZ did very good in the AVE desert series. I will be racing BITD as soon as I get a fuel cell figured out so that will be one more Yamaha in the mix.
  23. D

Who Here Has Actually Run the Baja 1000 in a UTV?

Last years 1000 had a guy from Alaska racing a Yamaha YXZ and I think he is also racing the Mint this weekend. Im not sure his name but he would be a good person to talk to about logistics coming from Alaska.
  24. D

Felix Racing to introduce "Young Gun" driver at Contingency

sounds like a good program for some youngsters. How does someone apply?
  25. D

Arctic Cat and Mint 400

As soon as the Arctic Cat xx "TURBO" is available to the public then the speedcat version should be able to run the production turbo class IMO. Its no different than someone doing a full build on a XP4T
  26. D

looking for help

check out minibuggy.net thats all those guys do is build their own stuff
  27. D

2017 CAN-AM MAVERICK X3 MAX SIDE-BY-SIDE VEHICLE FAMILY

for the X3 Max to be legal for BITD it would need to shrink 1" stock the car is 135" and the rules clearly say that the max WB for any UTV in any class is 134" I dont care either way as I think its to long to be competitive in BITD
  28. D

150-MILES OF INCREDIBLE, BUT GOOFY TERRAIN. ALL IN CAL-CITY!!!

cant wait. should be a good time
  29. D

Who Here Has Actually Run the Baja 1000 in a UTV?

Im in the same boat as the CrazyAlaskan but im going at it a little different being that I live in SoCal. I am starting to race the PURE series to get some experience behind the wheel and also my son as my navigator we have alot to learn together. I have a few friends that are also learning how...
  30. D

KOH Pick the winner.

Looks like my crystal ball was working.
  31. D

KOH Pick the winner.

going with Shannon Cambell for the win. He looked really good in qualifying. All the Cambells looked fast. I would like to see Jason Weller get on the box with the Yamaha also

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000