Search results

1. B

So who won the UTV Championship?

I was just curious who all was involved, I am merely a spectator and a fan of S3 racing among many other teams. When I see something good or bad happen to one of the teams I follow It raises my curiosity so I come here for information. This was an unfortunate turn of events, but I think everyone...
  2. B

That's what I saw when I looked up the number but I saw a post on Facebook claiming it was a relatively inexperienced female driver, neither of which applies to Piplic. My assumption is that Piplic may have let another driver use his Rzr. That being said, Shane seems to be pretty understanding...
  3. B

Did a little looking today to try to figure out who clipped Shane and I think it was this orange 4533 Rzr turbo in the pic above. I'm pretty sure this pic was taken right after the initial contact with the black X3 and right before the collision with Shane. Can anyone verify? Not trying to call...
  4. B

2017 Mint 400 Results by segment

Very interesting break down. You can quickly see how a flat tire or blown belt can easily knock you out of the top 10 even if you are technically one of the fastest cars on course
  5. B

SB Filter question

My understanding of the process is the inlets create tiny vortices (think tornado) and the heavier particles (dust, sand, water etc) are pushed to the outer edge by centrifugal force where the scavenge fan draws it out and expels it while the clean air in the center (eye) gets passed into the...
  6. B

NEW 2017 POLARIS ACE 150 SINGLE-SEAT YOUTH VEHICLE

I'm pretty interested in this but I'm wondering if it's they same basic chassis as the rzr 170 with a different body and smaller engine or a whole new vehicle. I'm also skeptical of the 9" ground clearance. I assume if it's chain driven then it will have a large sprocket on the rear axle and it...
  7. B

Best E-Rated AT Tire

Tire pressure is also a huge factor. My ram 2500 powerwagon recommends 65 psi on the 285/70r17's that came stock which is fine because they are rated for 80 psi. My 315/70R17's KO2's have the same load rating but are only rated for 65psi. I run mine at 52psi which sets off the low pressure light...
  8. B

UTV WINTER NATIONALS Parker “250” Presented By Polaris

Looks like S3 is out. This is on thier Facebook page
  9. B

UTV WINTER NATIONALS Parker “250” Presented By Polaris

Race tracker shows s3 stopped at RM3. Any news?
  10. B

Best E-Rated AT Tire

I know the original KO's had problems and personally I would not own another set but the KO2's are a completely different tire. They are better than the original KO's in every way and are now one of the best AT tires made. Warlock may have a point with BFG as a whole going down hill but they got...
  11. B

Best E-Rated AT Tire

I'm really happy with the 35" BFG KO2's on my Powerwagon and I think they would work great for you. The are silent on the road, track well and have good tread wear. They should work well in dry sandy environments and have a reputation for being very tough. My 2nd choice would be the Toyo Open...
  12. B

Should BITD Have Let Max Gordon (8yr Old) Race??

I would like to apologize if you feel like I was beating you over the head with my words, the original post was meant to be mostly positive. I do try to choose my words carefully but inevitably you will offend some if you speak the truth as you're well aware. Thank you for stepping back from...
  13. B

So out of that entire post all you saw was ONE word? You are correct, "bully" is over used today by an overly sensitive society and I chose that ONE word poorly. I was hoping somewhere beneath all the BS there was a sensible person who believed in what they were saying but clearly you're only...
  14. B

Polaris General or Ranger?

If you plan to stay primarily on your land then I think the Ranger would be the better vehicle. It's unlikely that you will spend enough time in the seat for the seating position to be a problem but you would certainly notice the additional ease of ingress/egress the Ranger provides over the...
  15. B

Legacy, you certainly make some valid points and I commend you for trying to keep this thread focused on the topic and what you feel the real issues are. You are clearly educated and well written and you seem to have a wealth of experience and I believe the sport would benefit from it. With that...
  16. B

Why was RG suspended?
  17. B

Ditch helicopters for drones?

Let me just clarify that it would not be to avoid damaging the drone, but the car. Lots of potential for tire damage etc.
  18. B

Ditch helicopters for drones?

Having multiple drones following multiple drivers wouldn't work out well. The racers pass to close and the object avoidance is nowhere near good enough to keep them from crashing into each other. I could also see accidents being cause by racers trying to avoid the crashed drones. The other issue...
  19. B

I don't necessarily think a person should have to be 16 but there probably should be an age limit. 12 seems reasonable but I can't justify my thoughts on that. Maybe they could implement an experience rule for racers under 16. Something like 2 years experience in short course and also have a 5...
  20. B

All UTV's Is there such thing as a sporty utv for 5 people?

They also make a rear bench seat for the teryx4 that I would imagine would have a lot more room than the Rzr but that's not exactly sporty either. I have a bench seat in the front of my Rzr and its a very tight squeeze with me, mY wife and our 6 yr old and we're pretty average sized. I'm not...
  21. B

Picking first UTV?

I've owned 2 Kawasaki teryx's (2011 2 seat & 2012 4seat) and now own a 2014 Rzr XP 900 and an Ace 570. I have had a blast with all of them and they are good machines but the Kawasaki's build quality is far better and the transmissions are on par with the Yamaha and use a very similar clutch. I...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000