Search results

1. S

Thoughts on gaining pit support?

Looking good man! Thanks for sharing your build thread and expenses. Any good places to look for good used cars? Do you have friends who will be helping with pits at V2R?
  2. S

Is Yamaha better at track/short course than Polaris?

I am in Northern WI but ERX would be a doable drive, albeit 5-6 hours away. I'll look more into their Thursday night races -- I don't see anything on their website. Maybe Crandon has something similar. That'd be only 2 hours away. It sounds like maybe I'm going to have to expect to have...
  3. S

I'll take a look at some of the other BITD races. SRRS also is appealing to me. TORC to me seems like I'll always be wishing for more HP and top speed regardless of skill (yes, I'm sure there's skill to be had, but overall every track seems roughly the same). I enjoy technical. Maybe this will...
  4. S

Thanks for the detailed response! Short course (TORC) is what is local to me but seems boring to me. Desert racing is what is really my interest as I enjoy challenges. TORC would be simply a proving ground for me if I needed it. For somebody, like yourself, who already has an entire team...
  5. S

So you're saying that if I wanted to run the Mint 400, Baja 1000, KOH, Vegas to Reno, etc I should be okay just showing up by myself and maybe my wife to drive my truck and pick me up at the end? I guess I have the concern if I break down I'd need somebody to come out, find me, and get me. And...
  6. S

I'm still in the research phase of UTV racing. I'm looking at getting started in the next year. One thing I lack however is a team and thus pit support. I'm looking at racing short courses for a little while before jumping into the big races to gain experience and prove myself a bit first...
  7. S

Thanks for breaking this down a bit. TORC is local to me so it seems like it'll be easy to break into with not as much investment. Once I have a little more wrench time my dream is to transition into SRRS and Desert Racing like BITD, Mint 400 and Vegas to Reno. I suppose I may have written...
  8. S

Opinions aside, Yamaha placed in the top 3 spots a few weekends ago at TORC in the Pro Stock class. I noted this on the other thread for that race but received no replies so I figured I'd start another thread here. Any reasoning why Yamaha took the top 3 spots in Pro Stock? Are top Polaris...
  9. S

2017 TORC ROUND 3 ERX MOTORSPORTS PARK PHOTOS | RESULTS

Any reasoning why Yamaha took the top 3 spots in Pro Stock? Are top Polaris drivers moving to Pro Mod? Is the manual transmission of the Yamaha that much more efficient in the relatively straight short course? The tight woods courses in the south still seem to be dominated by CVT. I'm curious...
  10. S

Other Looking for advice on getting started racing

Am I right in that if I buy a factory RZR 1000 with a turbo that I'd have to run Pro Mod in TORC?
  11. S

That's exciting to hear that I'm not the only one! How are you dealing with not having pits, crew, and chase? Or are you doing purely short course? TORC is what's local but it just isn't exciting to me. I might run a few races there but I know I'm going to have to travel if I want to enjoy...
  12. S

I'll start out by saying that I'm new not only here but to racing. I've built a custom offroad Jeep and have spent a lot of time learning on it so I'm not new to mechanical work, suspension, geometry, and offroad driving. I'm looking at changing careers in the next 2 years and will have a lot...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000