Search results

1. 0

Kawasaki 14 Teryx 4 LTI or HCR or ? for Long travel Suspension

Did you not like the LTI kit that you ordered?
  2. 0

KOH 2015

Jon, the way the rule is worded it appears that sportsman can run a stock 6 point cage, or 4 point with additional bracing. Not very clear about pro since it refers to "aftermarket". We need to clarify with Dave so nobody gets caught off guard.
  3. 0

KOH 2015

Don't count me out yet, Randy. I still have my 900 that we've raced the last two years. After I get the three we've already entered done, I might work on the fourth and enter Sportsman with it.
  4. 0

KOH what to expect?

Some aftermarket seats don't either. The seats we have run the last three years, didn't have a slot either. I don't remember tech ever checking the sub belt, other than making sure there was one.
  5. 0

KOH what to expect?

I believe the rules only say the seats have to have harness slots. I know that Artic Cats were running stock seats last year. RZR stock seats, other than a few models that had PRP seats, do not have harness slots. If the Maverick has them, you should be fine.
  6. 0

KOH 2015

In talking with Dave a few weeks ago, I believe the rules will be similar to last year, with the same two classes. Hopefully it will be posted soon so more people can plan ahead and the number of entries increases.
  7. 0

"Build Threads".. you've got to be kidding

Sorry I expressed my opinion. Never made any comment that indicated I liked or disliked his thread, only that a lot of people read it. Evidently it struck a nerve with you so you felt it necessary to ridicule my opinion? Actually, that's what's wrong with America. Can't speak your mind...
  8. 0

Joey, wasn't knocking this forum, just saying what he does works for that forum. To me, they are two completely different type of forums. Don't like the build threads there, don't read them, but it doesn't seem to make sense to me to go on another forum and belittle it. Kind of like the...
  9. 0

Without discussing the merit of whether it is a "build" thread or not, the reality is, he has the equilavent of two thirds of the total number of members on this forum viewing it, and he doesn't even have the RZR yet. Great advertising for Polaris. His last thread where he did a 2014 XP...
  10. 0

2014 King Of The Hammers - YES there will be a UTV Race!

I don't think anyone meant to slam you or anyone else that is attending. The support from fellow UTV owners is very much appreciated. The point as I read it, was that what will convince Dave Cole to keep having a UTV race is for more entries. All the support in the world won't keep the race...
  11. 0

Unfortunately, Joey's post in the thread from last year about the difficulty of the race, seems to have come true. "I think its absolutely going to scare people away. The question is, is that a bad thing or a good thing? It really depends on how you look at it. KOH is the toughest UTV race on...
  12. 0

The $400 entry fee is for the Sportsman class and it has no payout. The Pro class has a payout but the entry fee is higher and the course will be more difficult. Last year our pit crew were all volunteers and many of them will be back this year. Anyone that wants to race and needs a pit crew...
  13. 0

Two years ago there were 38 entries and 30 something last year. All the threads about how it destroys your vehicle from people that didn't race are probably keeping the entries down. From my experience, there are a lot of UTV owners in attendance to watch, so time off really doesn't seem...
  14. 0

I don't really agree with that. We entered two XP's last year and the same two this year. I changed the ball joints, bushings, and suspension bolts and have put 1800 miles on them since KOH last year. These are our trail rigs that we added safety it's to race KOH with. Not purpose built race...
  15. 0

Since it's Christmas, it probably isn't ok for me to tell you that you are an idiot and that is the stupidest post I've ever read.
  16. 0

I hate to hear this might be our last year. This will be my fourth year of racing, and we entered three cars this year. I am puzzled how anyone could be complaining about the course, as I'm not aware the course has been announced yet. Plus with two classes, the Sportsman course should be easy...
  17. 0

Will the 2013 KOH UTV Race Scare People Away or Bring More

I understand the whiner comment, especially after reading the thread on Pirate about the finishing order. However, even though I thought it was totally stupid to complain when you didn't finish, in fairness, Dave somewhat caused it. He said during the drivers meeting, that if no one finished...
  18. 0

That's sad. Did he say why we take more time? We have been to KOH for three years and would hate to see it come to an end. I would guess that the majority of entrants are like us, and enter trail vehicles rather than purpose built race vehicles. Odds are, we won't enter any other Ultra 4...
  19. 0

Stock class is limited to 35" and modified are limited to 37". I like the concept of the 4500 and 4600 going on one course and us on the other loop. However, I have heard many times the point in running the desert sections first is to spread the field out before they get to the rocks. I...
  20. 0

We have raced KOH for three years now. The last two years, we entered two cars, and I agree that last year was too easy and maybe this year was either a little too difficult for the time allowed, or that we needed more time. We have no intentions of running any other Ultra 4 races this year...
  21. 0

2013 King of the Hammers UTV Race Info

Not sure what an "a"game will be. Based on Mike's post about needing a winch, sounds like we could all be stuck behind 4500 and 4600 cars. Depending on what the course is, there might not be anyway to bypass the larger cars if they are stuck or broke. Might be great for spectators, but not...
  22. 0

New law requiring helmets in california

My wife has had major medical issues which has created a problem for her to wear a helmet for more than a few minutes. While I agree that helmets offer protection, there are those that ride that aren't going to be able to wear one for various medical reasons. We own 4 RZR's between me and...
  23. 0

Maybe you can change things that easy in California, but in a lot of states, including Colorado, you can't just change how your RZR is registered. We have been fighting for several years to be able to get license plates in Colorado so we can legally ride from trail to trail. The statement...
  24. 0

Read how the law was changed to see the government at work.The law was introduced by a Republican as a tax reduction measure. http://legiscan.com/gaits/text/620928
  25. 0

KOH IRC tracking

For those of us that know nothing about the tracking devices, could someone tell me what all we need? I read posts on Pirate4x4 talking about the rental fee for everything needed is $550. Are there cheaper aternatives out there? I have a call into IRC, but from comments in the posts on...
  26. 0

KOH vounteers needed

Actually, the thread on Pirate wasn't looking for help for the UTV race. They are looking for racers to help in events they aren't entered in, ie LCQ, the main race on Friday, etc.
  27. 0

KOH vounteers needed

There is a post on Pirate requesting volunteers from those of us that have entered to race. Not sure how many visit Pirate so thought I would post a link. Right now, I am the only UTV entrant that has volunteered. Race teams...we need you to volunteer for LCQ/Qualifying days - Pirate4x4.Com...
  28. 0

KOH Partcipant List

Looks like it's going to have a lot better attendance than last year.
  29. 0

KOH Partcipant List

Bill Barnett RZR Production 1000 Zane Znamenacek RZR Production 850
  30. 0

Rally on the rocks!

We will be there also. Staying at Spanish Trails campground.
  31. 0

2011 King Of The Hammers UTV Race Info **UPDATED w/ Pics**

Joanne, It was great to camp with you and Frenchy also. Hope to see you guys at the UTV Rally in Moab. Bill
  32. 0

2011 King Of The Hammers UTV Race Info **UPDATED w/ Pics**

We lasted less than a mile past checkpoint one, when the drive belt snapped in the Teryx. It was a heavy duty EPI and had less than 15 miles n it. We will be back next year also but will be in a RZR rather than a Teryx. We preran the course in a stock RZR-S with HCR long arms, and it felt...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000