Search results

1. T

New Honda Talon to launch Nov 27th 2018!

I checked out both models at my local dealer and they are nice and look better in person. The cab is small like the Popo so it is very tight for a tall long guy like me. They appear extremely easy to work on and fit and finish is very nice. The X model still has the suspension tabs that the R...
  2. T

Thanks for the refresher on their review as it has been a while since I saw it and didn't feel like going back and watching again. I ended up watching their review on the Talon and they loved the stiff ride at slow speeds and the tires while the other 2 reviews I read didn't like either. Is...
  3. T

They bag on Textron. Well respected companies like Shock Therapy, who raced Polaris and now CanAm, gave it a great review with way greater detail than these 2 could ever understand. Maybe Textron could do more but Curly and Moe aren't the answer IMO.
  4. T

Why should Textron have to give them a XX to get an honest review? They wined like crazy on social media about it and showed their true colors. How can you take someone that can easily be bought serious?
  5. T

According to Fishers ATV World 32's will rub on the rear shock without a different offset wheel, I think they might be a little bias though. I believe SXS blog guys are not only bias but really aren't very knowledgeable about the inner workings of a UTV. After watching some of their earlier...
  6. T

I will wait until I get to drive one or someone credible like UTV guide does a review. I have seen enough of Curly and Moe on social media to know these guys are a couple of clowns. That being said, its a Honda and I would expect good things.
  7. T

Has the Fat Lady Sung?

If it was desert racing then race-dezert forum is very popular, short course not so much. It is the only one I frequent on a regular basis.
  8. T

Has the Fat Lady Sung?

Social media, lack of content except another RZR decoration, no testing or comparisons, nothing about new non Polaris models, no race coverage, to many threads about sponsors, etc
  9. T

Rzr supercharger vs turbo

Packard supercharger kit for a YXZ is $3800 less than their turbocharger kit.
  10. T

RZR 570 Class at the UTV World Championships - 2019

Racing has always been political and about money. I have seen BITD hand over a TT championship to a guy running their main sponsors tires. One of the guys in this very thread spots for several young kids and repeatedly has his young racers running over and taking out other kids as well as...
  11. T

Dakar 2019 - UTVs

Any info on the Dakar app? Also info on who to follow on social media?
  12. T

Most people only care about the numbers on the spec sheet. Well mine has more HP! Oh yeah, well mine has more wheel travel ! IMO I would start with the best platform to build the best UTV and it isn't a Polaris, Canned Ham, Yamaha, or the new Honda. The XX easily has the best chassis with easily...
  13. T

All UTV's UTVs are moving up!

The 4wd does help but you have to be willing to take the chance because it could cost you as well. I was stuck in a bottle neck in a 1 car when a guy in a 10 car decided to trail blaze a new line through 8 foot brush and trees and it was thick. All you could see was bushes being mowed over and...
  14. T

RZR 570 Class at the UTV World Championships - 2019

Lol, he is a crotchety old man who isn't really interested in anything other than standing on his pedastal and lecturing. Dont waste your time.
  15. T

All UTV's UTVs are moving up!

They should be moved up but not in front of the 10 cars. The UTVs definitely had an advantage on many parts of the 1K with all the silt.
  16. T

Pro UTV FI Big car vs Small car???

I think it depends on the race course and who makes the vehicle. Most Polaris racers have switched to the 4 seat chassis while only a few X3 racers have switched. I am sure that has a lot to do with the 2 seat X3 having a much longer wheelbase than a 2 seat Polaris while the 4 seat X3 is almost...
  17. T

Teryx Tires

I believe you can run them but they will rub on the chassis in the rear under full compression. If you have Facebook check out the group Team Teryx. Very little information is available on this forum anymore.
  18. T

2925 xpWarrior - Vegas To Reno 2018

Nice write up! Thanks for sharing.
  19. T

2018 BITD Vegas To Reno UTV UPDATES.. Anyone care?

I have always followed your posts and always appreciate every race report from every racer. I have also found myself coming to this site less and less because it has gotten a bit boring. It would be nice if it could make a comeback and maybe the new owners can figure out a way to spice it up.
  20. T

XX wins V2R

Race inspired is not a marketing gimmick on this vehicle. I understand you might get that after CanAm says Trophy Truck type rear suspension when it is no where near that. This vehicle was designed by Robby Gordon. Unlike Polaris or CanAm, if you look at most of the Class 1 or 10 cars racing...
  21. T

The downfall all started when you quit posting. Lol, seriously though everyone is just in to social media now. I miss they good ole days
  22. T

XX wins V2R

Ray Bulloch won the Vegas to Reno NA class in a virtually stock Textron XX. We are talking cage, suspension components motor, etc. If you have looked at one of these in person you will see that all the suspension and steering design is all race inspired like you would see on a C1 or 10 car. IMO...
  23. T

Yes the other one had moved to 2nd place and had some overheating issues before calling it quits.
  24. T

I'm curious what happened to Carver, that was a crazy finish.
  25. T

Blurton started 4 minutes in front of him. Jagged is less than a minute behing Blurton on corrected time. It's going to be close.
  26. T

It would be cool to see Jacob hold on for the win.
  27. T

Top 2 NA cars are Wildcat XX I believe.
  28. T

Hey Joey, do you have anybody there? It seems at least one of the top guys isn't tracking.
  29. T

Lol, its not but this is still easy compared to Baja. Some people on here I haven't seen in a while.
  30. T

RZR RS1 Class?

BITD desert rule has been in effect since at least 2009 when Dragonfire Racing was trying to race a single seat Teryx. They gave a BS excuse about safety being the reason but single seat C1 and C10 cars have been competing forever. That Teryx had just won the Baja 500 and 1000 and nobody wanted...
  31. T

Need Advice for buying my first SXS for my family

What kind of riding do you plan on doing? Polaris is a descent machine but wll need modifications if you are running it hard at all. Also make sure all of the recalls have been done. And if you buy used have it professionally checked out. The Maverick is nice but the 4 seater is longer than a...
  32. T

Can-Am Vs. Polaris - Officially Equal?

George I wasn't knocking you, Legacy just cant get over your infamous incident and thinks thats all everyone is doing out there. It might not have came across that way and I apologize if it offended you. I think you're a good guy and I know you have given back to the sport and think its...
  33. T

Another news flash...when you buy a UTV its not a race car!! There is certain mods that have to take place to make it SAFE to race. LOORS, WORCS, and even BITD have cars that look like yours but the HAVE to have doors,nets, race legal cage to be SAFE. If thats not good enough for you I dont know...
  34. T

Lol Legacy I said the debate is opinion which people are allowed to have. There is plenty of grassroots racing going on everywhere so does EVERYTHING have to be grassroots? The beauty of Baja is its the pinacle of the sport and YOU could show up and race if you had the DESIRE!
  35. T

Lol Legacy, nice job putting words in my mouth. I asked a legitimate question that you didnt answer. Have you been to one of these races and met the racers and looked at the cars? I am guessing not but you seem to have it all figured out. Out of curiosity have you ever competed in any form of...
  36. T

" Dominates all series of racing"? You could have said that a couple of years ago but not now.
  37. T

Legacy, please define " financially attainable " for us. Even if you raced bone stock vehicles you still have entry fees, tracker fees, Chase trucks and crews that need fuel food and lodging, Etc. These brutal races were already going on before UTV's join the scene so they're not going to change...
  38. T

What Polaris has done for racing and it's sponsored drivers is unbelievable and any of those guys would be crazy to leave as the platform is obviously good. That being said, picking between the two, I like the Can-Am platform better and I think it's starting to prove that it is. It still needs...
  39. T

The XX was the fastest car at WORCS today.

Do you know of anyone who is going to race Lucas?
  40. T

The XX was the fastest car at WORCS today.

I bet you're right. Cognito dominated BITD for a full year in a NA car but a lot of people still think it's all about HP.
  41. T

Drivers attacking Drivers at WORCS

I read in the comments WORCS banned him.
  42. T

Excited to run my first UTV race, the 2018 UTV WC! Advice? Tips?

Great story and great job of doing your homework and getting it done. Are you doing the Baja 500?
  43. T

Yamaha R1 Engine Swap - Keep 4x4!!!

Weller racing has everything you need to make that motor work in your Rhino.
  44. T

Disabled person Looking to work for a team paid or unpaid dosn't matter.

I definitely dont think you should give up. Have you tried posting on race-dezert.com? I believe they have a lot more traffic over there with a lot of race guys posting. Best of luck to you.
  45. T

1958 UTVWC Race Report

Any idea why your car was getting hot? Is there any tuners that can program an ECM and eliminate sll the limp mode crap? I am not a fan of all the piggy back stuff as that all seems to fail. If I was racing these classes I would be lobbying for the ability to run an aftermarket ECM just for...
  46. T

Pre-Running Opens for the 2018 SCORE San Felipe 250

I had a blast. The TT developed a valve train noise in testing and didn't race. The dirt bike team got second in class. There was no production XX down there but I did do some prerunning with RG who was driveing a Speedcat and it is pretty impressive watching it work in the rough.
  47. T

Pre-Running Opens for the 2018 SCORE San Felipe 250

I mostly race short course unless someone lets me race their desert car. Its very expensive and out of my pay grade. I do have a desert play car and me and a couple of friends are going to go down and have some fun and help out a friend. Who knows, maybe he will bring down a new XX and I can...
  48. T

NEW POLARIS RZR XP TURBO-S IS HERE!!

Thanks Reid. I heard them talk about it on the live feed but had no idea how it worked.
  49. T

NEW POLARIS RZR XP TURBO-S IS HERE!!

I agree its a great shock. The IBP shock uses all the same principles as the standard bypass but allows you to use it as a coil carrier as well. It is more tuneable than most but heavier and more to figure out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000