Search results

1. C

Mint 400 race results

I work Rescue for BITD and also run SCOREs rescue program, my biggest fear is Bikes/Quads/UTVs mixed in with Unlimited vehicles, I saw some of the riskiest and dumbest moves from UTV racers the last two years at the Mint, What needs to happen when the 2nd race vehicles catch limited cars is you...
  2. C

Unofficial mint results

Yeah next to the cars and trucks that forgot to turn or sucked at turning you were the best of show for that turn, if you had kept in on the pavement I think you would of been fine. It was a nice Ken Block moment.
  3. C

Unofficial mint results

What did the Jagged x car break in the pavement turn, you guys did a nice 360 but must of broke a rear end or transmission cause you limped away after stopping
  4. C

Help with race radio setup

Both PCI and Rugged are great companies. If you use Rugged and buy a entire package they will sometimes come out and do entire install and tuning for you. Cant go wrong with either one.
  5. C

New UTV Desert Racing Series in Southern California

OEM cages have no business in racing IMO, we had a folded RZR at last years KOH with a stock cage from a double roll over in the dunes:eek:
  6. C

Honestly I doubt that D-37 will move in this direction, it is pretty stale and set in its ways, SoCal tried to run a UTV race at its GP at "The Ranch" got about a dozen cars but the "Big 6" group wasnt thrilled about it. SoCal just brought back the Adelanto GP and would of been a good UTV...
  7. C

If D-37 could do this you would have some epic racing.:cool:
  8. C

Diesel fuel questions

You can buy DEF is larger containers than 2 1/2 gallons, I buy 5 or 15 gallons jugs from trucking supply houses like Colton Truck. DEF in truck stops is cheaper but many times Ihave had trouble with the pumps, Loves at the Lake Havasu exit has been my trouble sport for 3 years:cool:
  9. C

KOH 2015

And you're going North into gods country, that is some serious rough country:eek: Enjoy the whoops and crossgrain, I will be waving as you go by again this year.
  10. C

What new UTVs might we see in 2015?

Exciting new graphics and colors.......:cool:
  11. C

KOH 2015

On Pirate last night. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/competitions-events/1945514-215-miles-important-pit-distances-info-inside.html ;) Expect the same for UTV's
  12. C

For everyone considering a new truck

I have a 11 F-250 6.7 and a 08 Dodge 3500 6.7, both are rock solid trucks and towing beasts. Here is my take Fords interior is 200% better, seats, dash controls, all are better. Ram exhaust brake is better. Ram seems to tow stronger Ram is easier to work on, water pump, 45 minutes...
  13. C

SCORE San Felipe 250 thread

Horrible timing for a event, so many series have events on top of this date, AMA, BITD, KOH are all on top of this week, cant help but wonder how it pulls racers from various classes.
  14. C

KOH 2015

I suspect you are gonna see less desert miles with more laps and mixed desert with technical sections. God help you if they go North of Bessimer Mine Rd/Soggy, cause thats where it gets real rough.:eek:
  15. C

KOH 2015

If you look at the maps of the new area, any new desert area is gonna be really rough compared to the past "desert" sections which were mandated routes aka the "SCORE" roads. What is gonna be used this time will be much rougher and "new", we have done several races out there already this year...
  16. C

KOH 2015

Just dont loose your balls..........
  17. C

KOH 2015

The logistics of doing qualifying for all the classes was a major burden last year, from Motos to 4400 classes it was 3 solid days. This year will be much simpler, as far as course, expect a much rougher desert section:eek: and more sand:cool:
  18. C

SCORE UTV Championship decided by unearned finish points!!!

It had nothing to do with course workers going home early, we dont get paid, it had to do with available lighting and trying to get all the kids through during the daylight. There were several trucks running the course with kids in them when the Mav popped back into the short course and the...
  19. C

How can you say it wouldn't? your not writing the checks or putting on the event, so you have no say, I say create your own series and see how easy it is. Burnett could of/should of/didnt yadda yadda.........its done and is not gonna change. I dont see JDX or anyone else whining like you are...
  20. C

And Polaris is a SCORE sponsor so that argument sucks, simple fact was there were 20-30 local kids who earned rides in RPM and Moss trucks and buggies ans were waiting for the track to clear for their rides and they pulled the Mav off cause we all know Trophy Trucks and UTVs dont mix well.:cool:
  21. C

Take it up with SCORE, I have Rogers number if you wanna throw it towards him, its done and over with. The result would of been the same if they had been kept on the track, just the rest of the event would of been delayed longer. You sound like a petty baby with this.
  22. C

Official 2014 Baja 1000 thread

Rescue 3 teams are leaving at 0400 Wed from Cherry Valley if you wanna jump in.
  23. C

Baja 1000 UTV Win Odds by ATV Rider

1280 miles, 30-40% finish in the allowed time................Monster Mavs to loose.
  24. C

Badassmav Baja 1000 updates ?

Not many, Ironman Bike numbers are less than ten, Looks like Tavo and BJ in the trucks.
  25. C

Polaris Anyone heard of this new Polaris Dealership in San Diego? ?

If Craig Stewart is running it and is gonna do fab work for RZR's look out, that shop does some amazing top tier stuff. His pre-runners are amazing.:eek:
  26. C

friggin finally

Bout time.
  27. C

I think any chase teams biggest issue is not gonna be with the locals, but with the condition of the roads, South of Gurrero Negro you will find washouts, freshly graded dirt roads in place of past pavement and lots of drop offs. The police and locals are not your big problem once you get out...
  28. C

Going to San Ignacio to set up a mid race Comm trailer, medical station with 1 rescue UTV, 2 chase trucks and about 10 people, expect to see bikes Thursday evening and trucks Friday AM, so UTVs Friday day?
  29. C

KOH what to expect?

The driver and co/driver can only retrieve parts or other racers bring you them, you cannot have a chase team or get outside assistance, so make friends with co-racers, you never know who you might need to haul out a part for you. Team can only work on cars in designated pit areas.
  30. C

KOH what to expect?

Big screen GPS is a must Radio(s) with ability to monitor several channels Clothing for hot, cold, freezing, rain, snow and sunblock Eye protection for lakebed dust. Food for out on course and to not blow your budget eating in Hammertown. Patience A place to get out of the weather when you can...
  31. C

KOH 2015

Uh, did they just cancel the 5th? look at the dates.
  32. C

gps info needed before expo

U bolt to front lower cage crossbar, makes the GPS center high.
  33. C

supercross 2015

Does Kawi even have a European program? I know Honda Europe is very well funded.
  34. C

supercross 2015

Maybe they can put some money back into offroad then.........:mad: Might be the year they get the SCORE bike championship.
  35. C

KOH 2015

Confirmed for next year also? Polaris and BITD are doing some big stuff next year from my understanding, might be for certain events but Im curious if Parker is part of it.
  36. C

KOH 2015

Well if your gonna tear up your car at least its after the Parker Race, makes for a long two weeks. Throw San Felipe into the mix..............:eek:
  37. C

KOH 2015

BITD Parker the weekend before, has anyone asked Dave if he is having a UTV and Moto race this year?
  38. C

Cost of Winning: The Monster Mav Chronicles

No, we took all the Race Ops folks on a pre-run/scout trip Friday and looked at it, it is(was) a visual marker for aircraft approaching a target range about 6 miles away, a heads up type marker, it was big and solid. I was down by your pits when Rob Mac came by on the first lap with the upper A...
  39. C

SCORE Desert Challenge Results

They finished, slowly but they finished.
  40. C

Mac hit target approach marker not a light pole, what we thought was safely off the course till the trucks started racing. it was 20 plus feet tall and very solid.
  41. C

I wish you folks luck, and you already have pre-run most of the course in April.;)
  42. C

gps info needed before expo

I have both HDS-5s and 7s and prefer the features of the HDS-7, dont buy the touch screens as they are terrible with gloves on. I would look online at Amazon for them over the Expo, and Topo is mandatory.
  43. C

Is that your plan this week?
  44. C

Rugged Test N Tune Round 3!

Message left.
  45. C

UTVUnderground.com Official Sand Sports Super Show Coverage 2014

I didnt stop at the Cognito booth, yes I will admit that, I was at the Kawi booth reminding them that Polaris was kicking their ass in sport UTV's:cool: I saw the chase truck.;)
  46. C

UTVUnderground.com Official Sand Sports Super Show Coverage 2014

Sand Sports RZR show had few WOW items, lots of bling but function was lacking. Hoping Expo has more "Hey I gotta have that" stuff. I guess Im just a desert racer at heart. Edit, I did see that Ivan Stewart Motorsports is gonna be a Polaris dealer, with Craig Stewart running it, if he builds a...
  47. C

UTV Hauler/Chase Truck

Yeah you found a gem right there, all the good stuff.
  48. C

Which Lowrance GPS ?

You have to add a Topo card with Topo if you want to see detail, to say it sucks without stating does not help. Lowrance GPS units need a Topo card for the detail topo info, and roads etc.
  49. C

What events are you attending this riding season?

Sand Sport Super Show SCORE Desert Scrambles BITD BWDC AMA Hare and Hound, 100s MC at Lucerne Valley Offroad Expo SCORE Baja 1000 Qualifying and Race Thats the end of the year.
  50. C

Time for BITD to MOVE UTV Start w/ ALL 4 Wheel Vehicles

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/why-i-love-trophy-truck-racing.119236/ watch the video, Acer has a rear view camera system, might want to consider it for the Nav in place of focusing all your attention on the mirrors. Pretty good idea, mind you I doubt anyone here has his budget.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000