Search results

1. Rokitman

RZR 570 vs 900

Sure it would. Has plenty of power but is limited in suspension. I had one for 3 1/2 years and it took me everywhere I wanted to go. There are many here in this forum who saw some of the crazy stuff I did with my 570. At 6'1" you may have leg room problems with either a 570 or 900 , but power...
  2. Rokitman

Carnage in Colorado - Papa Pierce RZR 900 S Rollover

I'm surprised the stock belts kept him from getting hurt. Glad he's ok!
  3. Rokitman

Looking

The 570 is a great machine. It's hp is close to equal of the 800 and will go darn near anywhere. The is also a ton of aftermarket stuff you can get for them. I had mine for 3 1/2 years before getting a new 900.
  4. Rokitman

2017 Rally On The Rocks Information

I just got a cargo trailer I'm converting into a toy hauler and I'm scrambling to get it ready for the rally. Putting in a shower, chem toilet, folding beds, and interior lights. Other stuff later. I'll be camping at the arena in the trailer instead of at the OK in the back of my truck. It's...
  5. Rokitman

Hells Revenge of course. Do it every year and have done all the obstacles including Hells Gate, Escalator, Hot Tubs, and Tip Over Challenge. Also did Cliffhanger, Poison Spider, Moab Rim, Brittany Spears at Strike ravine, Steel Bender, and Metal Masher and the 570 shined! Only a broken front CV...
  6. Rokitman

It will be my 5th also but the first time without my venerable RZR 570. Will be tackling it with a RZR 900S this time.
  7. Rokitman

"La Familia" 6th Annual John Berry Memorial Ride - February 17 - 20, 2017

BTW do any of the rides not go up the Bradshaw trail? That sucker is hard on equipment not to mention my ancient body!
  8. Rokitman

We can have a pot luck on another day. I gonna bring a couple of pies!
  9. Rokitman

Anyone into guns??

How much litigation does this group do? The NRA spends millions each year on litigation in the courts. Does this group do the same?
  10. Rokitman

Registration is open for the May event. Get registered early before the prime trails get filled up!
  11. Rokitman

Anyone into guns??

I got a copy of the legislation from the NRA. It states that if the lever lock is installed it need not be registered. That makes the magazine fixed. If the rifle is featureless like a box stock Mini-14 it need not be registered. I'll go back and look again to make sure. Edit- Article 2 of...
  12. Rokitman

Merry Christmas

Well crap, my pic disappeared!
  13. Rokitman

Anyone into guns??

I'm committed to taking care of my 91 year old father. Is that a good enough reason to stay?
  14. Rokitman

What we didn't realize is you use a "strap on".
  15. Rokitman

I'm glad Doug is coming. I need to harass him a little because I saw our mutual friends Troy and Pattie up at Sand Hollow.
  16. Rokitman

This is getting to be a bad habit!

Don't worry guys. I'm taking you on kiddie trails, not the adult ones I like to frequent!:rolleyes:
  17. Rokitman

SxS Adventure Rally at Sand Hollow

For those who have attended ROTR, this event is just about as good. A little smaller but great organization, great vendors, excellent guides, and some pretty gnarly trails for the thrill seekers. I really enjoyed the trails I picked although I tipped over on one rock obstacle. No biggie, they...
  18. Rokitman

This is getting to be a bad habit!

Just got back from the SXS Adventure Rally at Sand Hollow UT and it was a blast. Good organization, good trails, and good peeps, but I tipped my rig over. I already told you about my previous roll but this time it was my rig, not my buddy's hand control rig, but MINE!! Damnit, I scratched the...
  19. Rokitman

Take the spot Cisco was saving for me if you bring an open trailer. I'll just keep the spot I reserved!
  20. Rokitman

SxS Adventure Rally at Sand Hollow

Nov 10 -12. Not to late to go folks. I'm doin final preps for my first time to the rally in St George, UT. Same promoter as ROTR so I know it will be well organized and I always love doing the Utah slick rock. Lots of great vendors attending and I'm taking my fishin pole hopin to get some bass...
  21. Rokitman

Hey Frank, I reserved a spot which is the same as last year but much closer to you folks. What is your ride schedule? I made reservations arriving Fri afternoon and leaving Mon morning.
  22. Rokitman

Nasty Pozo adventure

Ron bought us lunch after bringing the rig down but I'm still waiting for my 30 pack:mad:
  23. Rokitman

Nasty Pozo adventure

BTW my friend, the bumper you gave me bolted right up. Thanks a million! I wont be able to use the one Jim gave me so if anyone needs it..........
  24. Rokitman

Nasty Pozo adventure

Thanks guys. We were both stupid for the same reason!
  25. Rokitman

Nasty Pozo adventure

RZR 800 S
  26. Rokitman

Nasty Pozo adventure

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. I knew starting the day it wasn't going to be good but did I listen to myself? NOOOOO, I just had to do something stupid! So we get up to the rig today and it was upright, pointing downhill, thanks to the Cal Fire guys. So we examined it and found the bolt on the...
  27. Rokitman

Nasty Pozo adventure

Thanks Robert but I have my friend John helping me and we wont go until tomorrow morning. I should be able to drive Ron's down while John takes mine back.
  28. Rokitman

Nasty Pozo adventure

I went riding yesterday with my buddy Ron at the Pozo OHV area near Santa Margarita. We have both rode these trails numerous times and were having a good time. We were about 25 miles into a 30 mile loop and approaching the last stretch when we find the forest service locked the gate to the...
  29. Rokitman

I think it's time

Hey guys, Jim (bless his heart) gave me the front brush guard from his 900 4 seater but it isn't even close to fitting my 900 S, so if anyone needs it let me know and I'll figure out a way to get it to you. Don't worry Jim, I'll still buy you lunch in Randsburg!
  30. Rokitman

I think it's time

Jeeez, this thread went to hell in a hand basket. Next time I decide to buy a new rig I'm not gonna tell anyone. I'll just tool around in my new toy while others chase sheep in theirs!
  31. Rokitman

I think it's time

That was good fun Jim. Easy ride mostly but I got to test my suspension with some high speed whoop runs when leading. Roy had a ball. See you in a couple of weeks
  32. Rokitman

I think it's time

Dave disguises his rig when looking for a date or two!
  33. Rokitman

I think it's time

Sweet Jim! I look forward to seeing it!
  34. Rokitman

I think it's time

Hey, wtf? You remember I bought a new one too................don't you?
  35. Rokitman

I think it's time

I don't like orange. Reminds too much of wearing orange vests at work!
  36. Rokitman

I think it's time

Yea, the last Memorial day ride was the deciding factor for me too. Too many pains, and too much stuff I had to repair. The turbo wont help you much on the Miller Jeep Trail but at Glamis...........have fun!
  37. Rokitman

I think it's time

Looks good buddy! Did you have trouble selling the old one?
  38. Rokitman

Miller canyon burned down by turbo rzr

Now to add insult to injury another huge fire on the other side of I15 not far away from the other one. 15 is closed and 80,000 people evacuated.
  39. Rokitman

I think it's time

So now I find out Polaris brings out a 2017 RZR S 570. 12" of travel and EPS. Well hell, if I'd known they were gonna do that I mighta waited and got one of them and saved 4K. I could of took a bunch of stuff off the old one and bolted on to the new one. Why doesn't god like me?
  40. Rokitman

Lafamilia ADOPT A TRAIL ARROWHEAD (MILLER CANYO) 7/31/16 TRIP

They have no heart my friend, they have no heart!
  41. Rokitman

I'm sorry folks but I wont make this trip. My lower back has been giving me fits and it hasn't improved much this week. It sucks to get old. Maybe next time!:(
  42. Rokitman

Ok Bill, I may come over earlier and join you on the Friday ride. Should be there by 11 am.
  43. Rokitman

I'll be there Friday afternoon if we are riding on Saturday and Sunday. Otherwise it's to far to travel for one day!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000