Search results

1. spangs

IXCR SXS round 5

Following a 10 week break for the IXCR sxs season we were back in Indiana for a great day of racing. We started off on row 1 with the 10th spot of the top ten pro racers. When the Flag dropped we were off into a wall of dust. Luckily this was the only time dust was an issue. Heading into the...
  2. spangs

IXRC round 4

Mud, mud and more mud. Round four of the IXCR - Cross Country Racing We got some more of this good clean fun action. This is was by far one of the funnest Tracks that we have ran on this year. Due to the condition it took longer than normal to get the quads off the track but that meant more...
  3. spangs

IXCR Round 3 The Lumber Jack

IXCR Round 3 The Lumber Jack. Leading up to race week temps were in the 70's or higher drying out the dirt and making conditions just about right. Mother nature had other plans Down poor the night before and during the AM quad races turned the whole place in to a mud pit from the time you got...
  4. spangs

IXCR round one at the Badlands offroad park

First round of IXCR didn't go how I would of liked it. Started second Row in the Pro class Lost power steering as I was trying to make a turn and slammed into a tree. The 2:1 quickner and a nice rut to fallow makes for a very hard wheel to turn. End of Lap one coming up the mulch pile hill there...
  5. spangs

Midwest racing.

Who all is ready for the Midwest racing series to start up for 2018. First race for me this year is the Indiana Cross Country Racing series March 3rd at the Badlands in Attica IN.
  6. spangs

RZR 170 motor to 250CC??

anyone know what is being done to the RZR170 to get it to 250cc. Motor swap or a big bore kit?
  7. spangs

Did everyone move on.

What happened to all the build threads you guys normally post. Did everyone move on to Facebook and Instagram. been dead in here outside of the UTV Underground wright ups.
  8. spangs

Round 5 Mid-West sxs series

16 SXS lined up for the 5th and final round of the Mid-west SXS series at Hillbilly Ranch, Jerseyville IL. Sitting in 4th place over all and only 4 points separating myself and 3rd overall for the series I was looking for a good showing. The track was about 3 miles in length with a nice infield...
  9. spangs

racing on Ice tire set up.

I am looking at racing the Iceman 500 this winter in Wisconson Has anyone ever raced there SXS on ICE and can recommend a tire and stud setup. will have to see if my Alaskan Driving skills will pay off.
  10. spangs

Axles wrapped

Saw a video on some desert utv's and they were Wrapping the Axles with Electrical tape what does this do? just keep debris off of them more hold shattered pieces together to not tear up more on the SXS?
  11. spangs

Spangs Heartland Challenge race report

Heartland Challenge race report. This was my first Heartland Challenge behind the wheel of my Polaris RZR Turbo. We ran in the Open class with some of the best drivers in cross country woods racing. From the dead engine start We took off and was in 5th place into the woods. After a few laps and...
  12. spangs

Heartland Challenge Aug 18th

Anyone heading to the Heartland Challenge in Carlisle Iowa on the 18th? I will be running it in myPolaris RZR Turbo. We have 5 SXS going and running in the 800, 1000 and open classes.
  13. spangs

Midwest SXS Series round 2

Midwest Sxs Series round 2 at south fork in Taylorsville IL. Took home 3rd place in the open pro class on Saturday. Army veteran Douglas Ziegler was able to come out and join me for the day. Took him on the hot lap and around the park some to see how capable the Polaris RZR was. Due to injures...
  14. spangs

MIdwest SXS series round 1

This past weekend I was finally able to get back behind the wheel and do some racing after several years on the side lines doing other things. A group here in Illinois is working on a new series "Midwest SXS series" Round one was this past weekend on March 25th. Lots of rain the night before...
  15. spangs

Co driving warriors.

I have Been working with our local dealership Action power sports of Illinois and they are donating some safety gear for my race team to take out fellow wounded veterans/veterans as co drivers for the 2017 race season. Looking at taking small groups 3-5 to come out and help/Co Drive at our races...
  16. spangs

Badlands Jan 11th ride

We have a group going to the Badlands this Saturday if anyone wants to get out and ride with us should be a good time and good weather compared to the negatives we are having this weekend. 52deg.
  17. spangs

Kawasaki Spangs Teryx build

Figured I would post up some pics of my teryx build. I have been working on it all winter and then some but here are some pics it’s just about done well they are never really done. Striped it down getting ready for the tube work. Body work Racertech +6 LT kit Stock Vs...
  18. spangs

Spangs fab

I’m proud to announce the opening of Spangs Fab located in Shelbyville IL. With only a couple shops here in the mid west I decided to open up a fabrication shop. Will be offering everything from long travail kits to custom cages parts and accessories for your utv. Check out are web site at...
  19. spangs

I got a stubborn NUT!!!

Not that kind of nut. All right was taking the back passenger rims wheels off and one of the nuts will not come off it will turn but doesn’t unthread. I was watching the back off wheel to see if the stud was moving also witch it is not dose anyone have any kind of tip or trick to get it off.
  20. spangs

TREC Race #5

Well what an awesome race a lot more KOH buggies out for the KOH qualifier. 8 UTVS and 1 Honda pilot or what ever they are call racing in the utv class and 20 or more trucks and jeeps I think the loops were around 8 miles long or so not 100% on that. We have a fuel filter or pump problem if we...
  21. spangs

looking for co-driver OCT2

tony from racer tech was going to be my co-driver for the last race of the TREC series agin but somthing came up and he cant do it now so im looking for someone to come and ride along with me. if you have no experience in racing thats fine ill show you what UTV raceing and the TRECseries is all...
  22. spangs

Ultimate Motorsports Championship Oct 2nd

The last race for the TREC series is Oct 2nd this should be one of the biggest races/event of the season and also is a King of the hammers qualifier. They are having there Ultimate Motorsports Championship event with Cross Country ATV/Dirt Bike (MidWestXC #8) Outlaw ATV/Dirt Bike Race TREC...
  23. spangs

TREC race #4 at the bad lands

A big thanks to the crew at the badlands for putting on the event and another big thanks to Racer Tech for the vision x LED light now I can see. Ended up in 1st for stock class and I think 4th or 5th overall 8 Utv’s and like 20 or more trucks jeeps and buggies were out for the race. The MX...
  24. spangs

AOR racing new series in the mid west

this is off the rzr site but thought i would pas it along im going to try and make all the rces for this year AORRacing Aug 28th & 29th near Jackson MO <HR style="COLOR: #f4f4f4; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f4f4f4" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->New offroad park just opened in July...
  25. spangs

Kawasaki Smoke out of passenger side exhaust

I have a big cloud of smoke coming out of my passenger side exhaust I have the muzzys on it. The smoke isn’t constant after running about 5 min or so it will shoot out a think dark cloud of smoke and makes the engine power die doesn’t kill the engine but you go from what ever speed you are...
  26. spangs

Round 3 TREC

Round 3 TREC Well round 3 didn’t go good for me we were out pre running the track then about a ¼ lap in we got engulfed with dark blue smoke from the tail pipe out of only one of the pipes decided not to race and would just watch and take video and pics I think it’s a gasket or passably a piston...
  27. spangs

TREC series round 2

last weekend was the trec series round 2 No flat tires this time for us so we were able to finish the race. We got 6th over all for the utv class and 1st in stock class and 8th overall out of everyone truck buggies and jeeps. We are still the only teryx racing around here it seems like and...
  28. spangs

TREC series round #1

We made it to the TREC series Round #1 showed up signed in and was able to make a practice lap on the 6.8 mile course. I think there were 12 utv’s showed up with two classes of stock and modified I don’t know how many in each class. Utv’s...
  29. spangs

Kawasaki i need a part # asap

i keep ordering these oil seals for my teryx but they are allways the wrong size i was told it was part # 92049-xxxx dose anyone have the correct seal they would like to sell or know the exsact part # iv orderd several and they are allways the wrong one i have the first race of the season next...
  30. spangs

looking for 4inch hid lights

im looking for some good 4inch hid lights i need 2 dont whant to spend tons on them but would like the best bang for the buck
  31. spangs

come TREC with us

Ill be attending most of the TREC races after talking with Kyle Knops owner of the badlands I told him I would help him get the word out for this series im all about supporting the utv racing Throughout this decade the four wheeling enthusiasts combined the love of trail riding with the element...
  32. spangs

mwra 2010 season

got the schedule that we will be running with MAORA this year and talk to them about rules for personal safety ill post latter today if possible there are 3 races for the maora that i wouldt miss if you are planning on just coming out for 1 or a couple of races that would be the April 24-25 race...
  33. spangs

hillbilly dream home

now they need anouther one to race with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVHhgZ33MFs&feature=player_embedded
  34. spangs

Christmas decoration

from a friend Well, there is good news and bad news about my Christmas decorations this year Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever...
  35. spangs

utv race series insurance

We are looking for insurance for are UTV racing series and was wondering what is a good company to go by and any do’s and don’ts when getting it this is an area im not formillier with I have not ever set up insurance for an event before anyone with any...
  36. spangs

Mid west utv racing at monster jam events

I know some of you don’t like the racing at monster jam but I finally got a hold of a event organizer and they were said that they would put on some more utv races during there shows out here in the mid west so im going to try and stay on top of it with them and help show the...
  37. spangs

Kawasaki spangs teryx build

Hey guys im looking at doing a full race teryx will probably have to do it in stages and will just have to go with the flow if we can get the utv racing going better here in the mid west right now it just seems like im the only one really into the hole utv racing and everyone ells just once to...
  38. spangs

rolled it

Yesterday I ended up rolling my teryx no big damage just need a new rear bed side and need to bend my door latch piece back some. Good thing I had my 4 point harness and helmet on I don’t see how people go riding around with no helmet and not using a seat belt. when the roll was...
  39. spangs

MAORA race this past weekend

This weekend was the last race with the MAORA for the 2009 season I was able to pull off the win and be the series points leader. Now we are looking at doing more races for next year and are helping out the MWRA (mid west racing association) set up races and sponsors for the 2010 series. We have...
  40. spangs

MWRA XC racing for 2010

For the 2010 season the MWRA is going to be running 2 different series one for short cores more of an MX style racing and the other is going to be a cross country style like a GNCC race im now in charge of getting some tracks in the Midwest to host we are looking at having 6 or more races with...
  41. spangs

need help with series

Hey guys I was talking with are race coordinator for the mwra series and told him I think we would have a bigger turn out if we ran more of a cross country type race out here in the Midwest I know of a couple places that would be willing to let us hold a race or 2 at there place and by the end...
  42. spangs

we finished king of the mountain

just got home and what'd you all to know we finished the king of the mountain race 16 utvs started and by the end of the 1st lap i think 5 were all ready out one guy made it like 1000 feet from the start then hit someone and couldn't get his rzr going and another guy rolled his rhino like 3...
  43. spangs

All UTV's marriers

what are you guys using for marriers like the ones on the jagged x rzr and how are you guys mounting your fire extinguishers to the utv
  44. spangs

Kawasaki 840 kits

Who makes the better 840 kit I thinking about having one done over the winter. Also I was checking out the Weller racing site and they were showing with there 800 kit had 10 more hp then the 840 kit would it be better to get the 800 kit over the 840
  45. spangs

racing in the midwest

MWRA and MAORA are racing UTVS this year we are more on the back half of the series but not getting a huge turn out yet and thought I would post up that we do have a Midwest racing series going on. All the MAORA events are 100% payback we have 2 races left this year with the MAORA guys and 3...
  46. spangs

Kawasaki gear linkage

Ok iv been trying to get my gear linkage working right for like a week or so now and just cant get it right I got it working for a little while to drive a couple miles down the road then when I got home and rode around the yard and laid on it got out of whack aging dose some have a good Wright...
  47. spangs

king of the mountain

i know most of you guys are over in CA, AZ but is anyone going to the king of the mountain race sep 6th in TN im going to try and go have to see if we have anything planed already should be a blast i just need to get a couple things to keep my engine cool i think that is going to be the biggest...
  48. spangs

light bar wire

im getting ready to make a light bar for the teryx and was wondering what you guys do with the wires do you just run them down the side of the tubing or what
  49. spangs

All UTV's making aluminum panels

What are you guys using to make your aluminum panels and roofs and doors I was going to start replacing the stock plastics and make a full cage I have built a bolt on cage for my teryx
  50. spangs

new guy in IL

hey guys new to this site i have a slightly modified 09 teryx started racing this year with the MWRA and MAORA trying to see if anyone elss is interested in coming out next race is in hamilton Ohio top soil MX june 13 and 14

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000